Reading 1-0 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest SeattleToon

What an utterly insipid performance. Injuries or not, we had eleven viable first-team players on the pitch the entire match, and they did nothing.

Bramble and Dyer were complete shite....why Roeder is playing Bramble instead of giving Onyewu a run out is beyond me.

Milner was good a getting down the wing but his crosses and set pieces were horrid. We couldn't pass to save our lives, except backwards.

Roeder's a decent enough guy, but he has to be able to get higher quality fundamental play out of his sides. If he can't even do this, then it's time to find somebody better.

started off sharp, with owen looking deadly as ever, sadly that wasnt to keep up. Martins was sloppy the match trough, and shouldve been changed for carrol.

got a shit goal against, but that happens. Missing more change of tactics, or game play from Roeder, but he sat on his arse for the whole second half, while we were being run over.

We lost the game at loosing Emre, since dyer had way to much to handle on his own after that.

With BigSam in the market for a job, i hope Freddie surely saw what everyone else saw this game, and does something about it.

Fair result imo, as reading were best in the second half, and we didnt, or even looked like, getting a goal out of our chances.

1st half we were ok, second half completely disjointed, players playing out of position, not looking interested. I am one of Dyers biggest fans and defenders but that half hearted shot at the end pissed me right off. Roeder is way way out of his depth.

Milner only decent player again, Dyer had an awful second half, Martins werent involved at all, though I cant blame him as he was completely starved and played out of position! Bramble..... fuck it I cant even be arsed to start on our defending.

Guest magpies_rawk

Zog's been horrifically s*** this season. Never seen a player go backwards so much in such a short space of time.

kewell under houllier...?

Gutted, we should have had at least a point there from the amount of chances we created, the injuries did not help at all, wrecked any shape we had. Dyer was at fault for the goal, he just fannied about on the ball and got it taken offf him. Again though another example of not making themsleves open for a pass.

Bad news on Sib, looks like a broken arm and Emre looked pretty knackerd too.

Zoggy did nothing when he came on, does look a happy lad at all, Shola was bright enough though, Owen playing 90 mins was great to see, was unlucky not to score.

On the plus side, Owen played the full 95 minutes, and looked as quick as before, and possibly stronger.

His brain is still there, and apart from some shin bounces, he had an outstanding first game back.

Midfield organisation was awful mind, allowed Reading to just run through each time, but that is what happens when your most defensive midfielder is Emre.

Of our 'front 6,' all six of them have played up front for Newcastle.

Bramble had a poor game.

Post match thoughts? Woeful...

Harper - 5

Carr - 6

Bramble - 5

Taylor - 6

Solano - 6

Dyer - 4

Emre - 5

Sibierski - 6

Milner - 7

Owen - 6

Martins - 5

Ameobi - 6

N'Zogbia - 5

Please God, let the rumours of Dyer to Tottenham be true (and Allardyce to the Toon - goes without saying)

northern monkey said

Roeder is the worst mamager in the league, but you won't be able to see that will you, what with your 'little problem'.

Please feel free to put YOUR opinions down, instead of just bleating on about mine like a little pussy. Good luck with that.

i say roeder is better than aboutr half the managers who started in this division this season,he isn't great,he isn't the answer but he isn't as bad as yo rant on........there,my opinion....would you rather have pearce,boothroyd,coleman,pardew,curbishley etc

Guest magpies_rawk

i think hes gone tomorrow

lets keep our fingers crossed and pray really hard. but in all honesty, not gonna happen i think. It'd make fat fred look like a fool after his rather persistent public backing for roedent.

Guest nufc9999

dyers fault for first goal and overall put no effort in at all, and to make him captain, roeders got no sense at all.

Ah how I miss that second of pointless hope I get when the ball goes to Shola.

Dyer should never play (again).

Martins was terrible.

I think a team of our standing has to look at results this season against the likes of Reading, Sheff U, Fulham, Charlton and Wigan and just state that pathetic losses to those teams are unacceptable. One or two can be taken but a consistent level of shitness against wank teams is unforgiveable.

Guest magpies_rawk

northern monkey said

Roeder is the worst mamager in the league, but you won't be able to see that will you, what with your 'little problem'.

Please feel free to put YOUR opinions down, instead of just bleating on about mine like a little pussy. Good luck with that.

i say roeder is better than aboutr half the managers who started in this division this season,he isn't great,he isn't the answer but he isn't as bad as yo rant on........there,my opinion....would you rather have pearce,boothroyd,coleman,pardew,curbishley etc

i'd rather have pardew, coleman and curbs over roedent. pearce...erm...boothroyd? :D

Guest thebigfella

martins was terrible 2 day so so ball greedy a shamble to the number 9 shirt,dyer captain!!! usless peice os crap cant passa ball to save his life!!!!!

what frightens me os teh complete lack of basic ability most of them seem to have.

controlling the ball seems to be success for most of them. i lost count of the amount of times we just kicked the ball out of play or in completely the wrong direction.

this cant even be a training things can it. surely a professional footbaler can control the ball 99 times out of 100

I thought the first half an hour or so was fairly smashing and I found myself smiling watching it, which isn't a common occurence during away games...

...then things started getting very, very embarrassing. He's got even more excuses than normal for this one though:

Emre/Sibierski got injured (two of our best players on the night.)

No Given/Butt/Parker to select.

Owen/Ameobi not fully fit.

There was a mix-up on the coach and Martins' mam ended up playing up front for us, instead of him.

Etcetera.

Jaysus, I couldn't help but laugh towards the end though. We looked like an U11's team - a bad one.