Reading 1-0 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest magpies_rawk

martins was terrible 2 day so so ball greedy a shamble to the number 9 shirt,dyer captain!!! usless peice os crap cant passa ball to save his life!!!!!

shouldn't get too personal...most of our players couldn't do likewise tonight. only taylor and milner can hold their heads up high today. oh and solano too...

martins was terrible 2 day so so ball greedy a shamble to the number 9 shirt,dyer captain!!! usless peice os crap cant passa ball to save his life!!!!!

shouldn't get too personal...most of our players couldn't do likewise tonight. only taylor and milner can hold their heads up high today. oh and solano too...

Well, I think Owen can be happy with his performance, after 8 months out.

Guest eyeball_tickler

ameobi back to his best. needless fouls, missing sitters and pointless offsides.

its a complete waste of time playing him.

Well, at least you gave him a decent chance.  :rolleyes:

over 200 games is as good a chance as any.

Reading are absolutely gash btw.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- they will plummet like a stone next season ala Wigan.

Duberry and John Oster ffs, they weren't good enough for the Prem ten years ago

Guest Lefty Toon

Does Owen have enough power in the team to get Roeder sacked?

How many teams in the FA are run as bad as this organization.

I swear I feel like crying because once again we are in a position where it looks like we will have to get rid of our manager at such a crucial time, right before the window.

Why? Every bloody time.

Thought todays game was the perfect example of why Roeder should fuck off in the summer

If you compare the team sheets at the start,you will see that for every player Reading have,we have an even better player playing in the same postion (besides Harper maybe).

We are playing a team who just got promoted last season,and are going to europe next season,despite the fact that they spent far less then us and have worst players.

Thought James Milner was  simply class, shame that he wasn't helped alot, Dyer was total shit and i was fucking pissed off when he gave the ball away and started walking like nothing even happend, nearly costing us a seconed goal.

Bramble had one of those moments, wich show just why i won't be botherd if we offload him in the summer, a purley average peformence from him today.

I always said we should give Harper some games in goal, i take that back now.

Owen did well in the first half, but was really suprised that the clueless cunt didnt take him off as it was clear he ran out of steam after the hour mark.

Overall this defeat will have one postive thing wich is that it might (and thats a big fat might ) be a good reason to sack Roeder for,then again we all know thats not going to happen.

This is an interesting one. For all Nobby's workrate and decent play this season, I don't think I've ever seen him pass a ball more poorly. Some games, his passing's been shocking.

Guest Geordiesned

What an absolute load of shite ...again! How can Roeder continue to be paid by Newcastle United? The man is so far out of his depth it's unbelievable. As for Nigel Pearson, what the fuck was he doing having a lie down?? He should have been on the touchline screaming instructions to try and sort out the mess.

Fuck off now Roeder and take Dyer and Bramble with you. A lot of very poor performances tonight but I've had enough of those 3 useless twats!

On separate note, how much of a pedantic wanker is Rob Styles?!

I did say it was an unambitious appointment and would take us nowhere like...

No faith that Fat Fred is doing much more than hoping Roeder comes good in the same way he sat on his arse twiddling his thumbs while Souness did his demolition job and we were desperately hoping it was just because he was busy getting a solid replacement lined up before giving him the boot.

Guest magpies_rawk

This is an interesting one. For all Nobby's workrate and decent play this season, I don't think I've ever seen him pass a ball more poorly. Some games, his passing's been shocking.

but some of his long and mid range passing were pretty sublime tonight...to be honest, we could have done with butt ...

northern monkey said

Roeder is the worst mamager in the league, but you won't be able to see that will you, what with your 'little problem'.

Please feel free to put YOUR opinions down, instead of just bleating on about mine like a little pussy. Good luck with that.

i say roeder is better than aboutr half the managers who started in this division this season,he isn't great,he isn't the answer but he isn't as bad as yo rant on........there,my opinion....would you rather have pearce,boothroyd,coleman,pardew,curbishley etc

Coleman, Pardew, Boothroyd - yes. They may be poor tacticians, but at very least they're superior motivators to Roeder. As Brummie said, he sat there in the second half as if he was about to fall asleep, similar to how he stood there like a statue against AZ whilst we crumbled in our most important game of the season. He simply offers nothing as a manager.

Well, we didn't really deserve to lose, but we didn't deserve to win either. 0-0 would have been the most fair IMO.

Dyer to blame for the Reading goal, and Dyer to blame not to score in the 93rd minute or so!

Why Roeder insisted on playing Owen for the full 90 minutes no-one will ever know. Complete madness and very, very risky! Last 20 he was basically invisible, but who can blame him after being absent for 10 months. We saw some glimpses of what he is capable of in the first half and if he's here next season we will score 15+ with ease! (Am I being to optimistic?:))

Bramble was back as his evil twin, Shambles. We can only be thankful for the way Taylor matured this season, 'cause if this game would have been played a year ago with this back four, well, I don't even want to think about it.

Finally, I wonder what Shepherd is thinking right now. His favourite is available, but since he turned us down before, maybe Shepherd's pride say no to ask him again.

One positive thing about the Blackburn game is that the new kit will be used...

Guest G Mac

P        W      D        L        F        A        T

35  11  9  15  37  44  42

That is fucking shite considering the squad we have and money spent.

Guest Toon83

well this summer is judgement time for newcastle united and there future, at present we will never be a top four or even top six team with Roeder in charge.

The man has no passion for the team and seems to have no tactical awareness what so ever, look at the likes of the PSV game, Roeder just stood there as Koeman changed his team every 10 minutes and made Glenn look like a clown.

He also has too much faith in poor players like Keiron Dyer (giving him the armband was a kick in the nuts for all newcastle fans), Titus Bramble, even Emre who has been poor this season aswell, a big clear out is needed at newcastle ala Sunderland starting with Roeder out and Big Sam in.

Allardyce wouldnt have stood for another gutless performance like that.

Guest magpies_rawk

What an absolute load of s**** ...again! How can Roeder continue to be paid by Newcastle United? The man is so far out of his depth it's unbelievable. As for Nigel Pearson, what the f*** was he doing having a lie down?? He should have been on the touchline screaming instructions to try and sort out the mess.

f*** off now Roeder and take Dyer and Bramble with you. A lot of very poor performances tonight but I've had enough of those 3 useless twats!

On separate note, how much of a pedantic w****** is Rob Styles?!

rob styles did decent today didn't he? save the mascot bit and arguably the penalty against bramble that should have been awarded to them...

I did say it was an unambitious appointment and would take us nowhere like...

No faith that Fat Fred is doing much more than hoping Roeder comes good in the same way he sat on his arse twiddling his thumbs while Souness did his demolition job and we were desperately hoping it was just because he was busy getting a solid replacement lined up before giving him the boot.

it wasonly ever supposed to take us till next year when shearer is qualified....like it or not

Guest thebigfella

i should have my opinion season ticket holder (gallowgate corner) who has watched that crap all season!!!!! martins is so over rated he does not know weather he is a star striker or a shit left back he cant read the game at all!!!!!! taylor should be given the capt band instead ot the waste of 80k a week mr dyer!!!!!!! he gets paid more in 1 week than a hole mls team doea in the same time, utter crap need major changes next season........

season ticket is getting handed back!!!!!!!

Guest nufc9999

What an absolute load of s**** ...again! How can Roeder continue to be paid by Newcastle United? The man is so far out of his depth it's unbelievable. As for Nigel Pearson, what the f*** was he doing having a lie down?? He should have been on the touchline screaming instructions to try and sort out the mess.

f*** off now Roeder and take Dyer and Bramble with you. A lot of very poor performances tonight but I've had enough of those 3 useless twats!

On separate note, how much of a pedantic w****** is Rob Styles?!

why more people don’t think this is beyond me