Reading 1-0 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I hate glenn

I hate Shepherd and Anal for accomodating the tossbags and insiting Roeder was the fans choice.

Utter.. utter..... utter........ Bastards.

Condescending, betting syndicate bollocks spouting, bastards at that.

Speak for me do you? Fuck off you utterly inept and infuriating cocking parasitic jam sacks.

/venting :banghead:

Has the fucking moron come out with his post-match bollocks yet?

Where can I see his excuses tonight now he can't use the Golden Boy's absence as the reason we played like a pack of fucking idiots? Gormless wanker.  :rolleyes: 

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder on whether Owen will play for England this summer:

"I'm not worried about a fully-fit Michael Owen playing for anybody, as long as people realise he's a Newcastle player first.

"I can't look into the future but he'll now play two more games before the end of the season.

"He will finish the season with three Premiership games under his belt."

Thanks for that Glenn.

Guest smoggeordie

"I'm not worried about a fully-fit Michael Owen playing for anybody, as long as people realise he's a Newcastle player first.

"I can't look into the future but he'll now play two more games before the end of the season.

Thanks for that Glenn.

Thank fuck that's sorted then...

Thanks for that Glenn.

Jesus Christ!

The scary thing is, Shepherd is going to give this thick twat several millions to spend waste this summer. Beggars belief tbh.  :(

Thanks for that Glenn.

Thank fuck that's sorted then...

I suddenly feel so very calm....... :buck2:

He might still have them locked in the dressing room, for all the good another ear bashing will do.

I like Roeder, but clearly the players aren't interested in playing for him. Tonight, Dyer and Bramble were embaressing and yet we all know both will line-up v Blackburn at the weekend. Roeder should drop Dyer (again) and consign Bramble to the scrap heap. He should give either Huntingdon or Edgar a go alongside Taylor for the last two games. Nothing to lose and at least either one of those two will at least play with some pride.

I'm not sure Fat Sam is the man to take us forward. Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it. Wait another 18months and we'll be back at square one.

Our problems run a lot deeper than who happens to be team boss at that moment.

Guest redmayne

Why people like Roeder as a bloke gets me. He lost all my respect (not that I wanted him in the first place) after the Boumsong comments at the talk-in pre-season.

the bloke is a cunt i dont c are if he survived some brain surgery there is too much sympathy towards him without any justification

he has slated individuals used ridiculous tactics and clearly doesnt understand what he is doing

he was a shit footballer and has been a shit manager at every club he has managed

yes EVERY club

shepherd you also are a cunt for employing him you fat greggs twat

Did you ever see Roeder play for Newcastle ? I did......

When I saw him at that talk-in, he came over as being honest and genuine and he recieved a good reception at the end. Perhaps this season that has been proved too much - too nice a fella to be a top boss.

His continual faith in players who keep letting him down has been perhaps his biggest undoing.

Guest Ridzuan

Another yet poor performance from us especially in the 2nd half.We have some good chance to score a goal but we didnt make use of it,unlike Reading.I was left wondering how the hell did he get so much space in the penalty box.Bramble as always was poor despite his great performance last week against Chelsea.He should be gone next season I hope.Nice to see Owen back.He looks a bit rusty but it is understandable.Martins didnt had his best game yesterday.I thought at the end of the match we could have scored a goal when Dyer had the good chance but it didnt happen.I dont know what he was trying to do with his weak shot or pass or whatever you want to call it.Hoping for a better performance this weekend especially when we are playing at home.Its about time we get a goal at SJP.

Guest redmayne

Did you ever see Roeder play for Newcastle ? I did......

When I saw him at that talk-in, he came over as being honest and genuine and he recieved a good reception at the end. Perhaps this season that has been proved too much - too nice a fella to be a top boss.

His continual faith in players who keep letting him down has been perhaps his biggest undoing.

saw him many times and we weren't exactly a great side for most of his career

i'm probably being a little harsh but i'm just so fucked off with it all right now

he should do the honest thing now and leave

i'm also a little suspect on his personality its not difficult to say what you think people might want to hear

lets face it..... we've all been doing it to birds all our lives!!!!

Guest SLK

I want my night of sleep back.  I stayed up until 7am to watch this game (game telecast started at 5am), and I had to witness this utter crap.

Same here mate...Though was enjoying the first 30 minutes of the first half...I thought it was going to a good game, I must have still been half a sleep...

Never have i wanted NUFC to lose but a poor result on Saturday would be (like the home defeat to the tramps that time in the rain) the best thing in the long run. A mass walkout and snubbing of the team after an awful season would push fat boy closer to giving Roeder the bullet and hopefully giving Allardyce a go.

Christ, every time i see Clarky, Terry Mac and Pearson on the bench with Roeder is like a bad joke gone wrong.

I think Pearson done fairly well. The defence looks more organised now than before, but that's not really much of an achievement.

The problem is that we're clueless when we have the ball in possession. With both Roeder and Pearson as former CBs, it's not a big surprise..

Perhaps we should consider hiring a former striker *cough* Shearer *cough* to organise our attack. Tell them how to run and that the ball goes behind the keeper and such things.. The best solution is of course getting rid of Roeder & Co but that's just wishful dreaming at this point

Guest Reading Fan

Glenn Roeder is an appalling manager. That is my personal view. The Geordies deserve much better.

Newcastle is a fantastic club with a phenomenal support. They also have excellent players in their ranks but you can see by the way they set their stall out, their shape, their tactics, their motivation, their will to win, their style of play that something is seriously lacking in the managerial department.

Glenn Roeder managed to relegate the strongest line up to ever go down in football history when he slumped down the table with the Ammers.

Newcastle fans should be worried. Roeder could get the current Manchester United line up relegated.....

The sooner the Magpies are rid of their incompetent manager the sooner they can progress. A good boss with their current playing staff could get them back on the fringes of Champions Leage qualification and with a little more investment across their back line could potentially make the top 4. However they are making a mistake with Sidwell because he is simply not a top 4 midfielder. Top 10 he is but top 4 he certainly isn't. Another possible Roeder mistake to come.

You could see when they were warming up what talented, athletic players they have. During the game, you could see the quality and slickness of some of their passing and the excellent control and class the Geordie boys clearly possess. But they don't do anything with their class and that is the managers fault.

They had 3 pacey forwards in Martins, Owen and Dyer from midfield but not once did they get in behind us or stretch our defence or run us ragged........ Why not? What a waste of talented players. Roeder is not using the talents within his squad to maximum effect. Dyer can be such a dangerous player.. Why weren't they playing to his strengths.

Newcastle could be great but with Roeder they will never amount to anything. As a friend of the Geordie fans I advise them to get rid off Roeder ASAP. But don't even think about trying to entice Coppell. Coppell loves it at Reading and Reading is the right type of club for ace scouser. The Geordies job is too pressurising and the Geordie fans expect so much. Coppell doesn't like thousands of people questioning his every move and decision. Coppell needs to be left alone and be allowed to do his job. Newcastle will never be the right club for our top boss.

Sam Allardyce might be a good bet though. His style of play probably won't please the fans but he will take advantage of all the talent within the playing squad.

Guest smoggeordie

Dyer can be such a dangerous player.. Why weren't they playing to his strengths.

Good post there, Roeder is an incompetent baffoon.

:violent4:

Guest SLK

Should really credit Reading for some great defending, worked the offsides very well indeed.

Easy to work the offside when you have Ameobi to worry (NOT) about...

Guest Reading Fan

Normally we do work the offsides well, its something they spend alot of time on in training....

But I can't understand your shape.

Martins ran as ragged at St James in December, Milner put in so many dangerous crosses, I think you hit the bar twice as well as your three goals. But none of that was on show last night. Roeder got the tactics badly wrong. Coppells a good tactician but thats no excuse for Roeders ineptitude.

Dare I say it, Sven could be a very good manager for the Toon as well. But thats a gamble, I'm not sure if he could succeed in British football, maybe he should stick to Italian football. He was rubbish as England boss.

Get rid of Roeder and everything will improve immediately at Newcastle. You're only 2 defenders short of an amazing team. As long as you have the right manager to get the most out of everyones talents.