The Glenn Roeder Appreciation Thread!!!

Guest Christian Hayne

He pulled us out of the relegation zone last season and got us into Europe. For two-thirds of this season, I thought he was doing well under difficult circumstances. So he has made a contribution.

Unfortunately all round, he lost the respect of the players after the Alkmaar defeat, and had to go. Something in his character was finally exposed, as I think probably was the case at West Ham.

I actually feel quite sad right now. Partly because the incompetent berk who's engineered the shambles of the last 4 years is still in ultimate charge.

Thanks Glenn for your time here, you provided us with entertainment at the end of last season. thanks for getting us into europe and bringing Martins to the club.

good luck glenn in the future!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Seconded

He pulled us out of the relegation zone last season

we weren't that low

Guest b0f

I'm happy for us and sad for him, he certainly wasn't right for us and I'm glad he's gone but he was a decent bloke.

a ment how many people slaggin him could do a better job than him?

:lol:

What a ridiculous argument. Can you play better football than any of the players you critisise every week? Thought not.

He pulled us out of the relegation zone last season and got us into Europe. For two-thirds of this season, I thought he was doing well under difficult circumstances. So he has made a contribution.

Unfortunately all round, he lost the respect of the players after the Alkmaar defeat, and had to go. Something in his character was finally exposed, as I think probably was the case at West Ham.

I actually feel quite sad right now. Partly because the incompetent berk who's engineered the shambles of the last 4 years is still in ultimate charge.

agree, very good post.

It fucks me off reading some of the shit on here though, fucking kids who seem to take pleasure out of these circumstances.  I'm sure anyone who remembers glenn as a player, or is aware that he should never have been given the job, won't be dishing out the shite i've been reading. 

this club is a circus, with a load of stripey fucking clowns supporting it.

Guest optimistic nit

a ment how many people slaggin him could do a better job than him?

i could have, and if i was shite i would have left 12 month ago.

I don't have much sympathy for Glenn Roeder, for me he has shown enough that he is a shape shifter, a person with no dignity.

1. Gone on record to repeatedly say that he definitely didn't want the job, yet changed his mind later.

2. Not only so, when doubts were raised with his coaching qualifications, he went on to say that he should be exempted because he had brain tumour. Wrong. He had had plenty of time to recover from the cancer and gone on taking the coaching qualification. Only a man with no dignity will use his own life threatening illness as excuses.

3. Repeatedly telling everyone he isn't using injuries as excuses, only to follow up, without fail, by mentioning the fact that everyone is injured. Yet, mostly with everyone fit now the results have not picked up. And the depleted Newcastle United haven't done any worse than when senior fit players such as Moore, Bramble, Babayaro, Carr are fit.

4. Telling us every day you won't quit the job despite the pressure, you relish the pressure bla bla bla. Yet you now resign.

5. Telling us you didn't want any old players yet you sign Duff, Sibierski and Bernard.

6. Blame the previous regime for the squad you have. Yet you rely on Given, Solano, Milner, Taylor, Parker, Emre, Dyer, Butt week in week out. The players you bring in - Rossi, Sibierski, Martins, Bernard, Duff - only Martins and Sibierski have done well.

Roeder you shouldn't have resigned. By resigning you let Fat Fred slip away from responsibility again. You should have let Fat Fred have no choice but sack you. Then the whole world will understand more about Fat Fred.

You say you have Newcastle United in your blood? You liar. By resigning you show again you are as selfish as anyone.

Thanks Glenn for your time here, you provided us with entertainment at the end of last season. thanks for getting us into europe and bringing Martins to the club.

your embarassing mate

a "man of no dignity". have you even met the man or did you just come to that conclusion from reading world soccer and checking FM stats? get back to supporting man utd reserves you mentalist.

Guest makemeacupoftea

your embarassing mate

i agree

a "man of no dignity". have you even met the man or did you just come to that conclusion from reading world soccer and checking FM stats? get back to supporting man utd reserves you mentalist.

I reach the conclusion by checking the FM stats.