The Glenn Roeder Appreciation Thread!!!

Guest Christian Hayne

Guest Christian Hayne

Thanks Glenn for your time here, you provided us with entertainment at the end of last season. thanks for getting us into europe and bringing Martins to the club.

good luck glenn in the future!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Got a lot of respect for him. His team selections were weird and he's just not up to managing at the top level, but he saved us last season and got us into europe. People have tried to take the credit away from him for our run at the end of last season and seem to give Shearer and Craig more credit, but he was still the manager, he picked the team. I'll remember him for getting us into europe from an impossible situation, 4-1, signing Martins, selling Boumsong and Faye, and walking rather than taking OUR money.

Guest optimistic nit

FUCK HIM - ARROGANT TWAT.

i cant express in words my opinion of this thread, so i'll just quote Mr Gunt.

Guest Knightrider

Been hard on him and us, tried his best which wasn't good enough sadly and he has been man enough to admit it by resigning. Leaves with the best of wishes from me, hope all works out well for him.

Guest Nappy Rash

Ironic that last season he finished above the bloke most people are whacking off at the prospect of coming in to replace him  ;D

Even with a half season head start  ;)

Cheers Glenn, great job last Year, not so great this Year, not all your fault, but no trophy in 12 Months means the door  :coolsmiley:

I cant wait for the Fat Mackem Bastard chants this time next Year.

Thanks Glenn for your time here, you provided us with entertainment at the end of last season. thanks for getting us into europe and bringing Martins to the club.

good luck glenn in the future!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. He wasn't the man for the job but i can't hate him like some do. This isn't a man who deliberately tried to ruin us but a man who loves the club and genuinely cared. He was just out of his depth that's all.

Good luck Glenn.

:clap:

Had the vision, had the love of this club and the area, just didnt have the tactical genius or management skills to succeed. Love him to stay on in some capacity, just not as manager.

Will remember him for saving us from relegation and trying to rebuild the club after the Souness massacre, giving us Martins, an unexpected season of European football (which might well have cost him his job) and his third person interviews.

All the best, will always be welcome at SJP, just not as the manager :)