Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Bloody hell, and to think at one point he was getting games for the national team and was rated as a good player in Spain.

Happens in football.

Still hard to believe the falls from grace some of the other top players have seen. Rivaldo voted the world's best player at 27/28 years old, then within two to three seasons hes washed up and on the verge of signing for Spurs on a freebie.

Get the fack out! Rivaldo is class, been class all his life, best player after Zidane and Ronaldo that i've ever seen play live. He was immense for Olympiakos and AEK.

Signed for an Uzbek team a few days ago.

That's Uzbekistan.

Bloody hell, and to think at one point he was getting games for the national team and was rated as a good player in Spain.

Happens in football.

Still hard to believe the falls from grace some of the other top players have seen. Rivaldo voted the world's best player at 27/28 years old, then within two to three seasons hes washed up and on the verge of signing for Spurs on a freebie.

Get the fack out! Rivaldo is class, been class all his life, best player after Zidane and Ronaldo that i've ever seen play live. He was immense for Olympiakos and AEK.

Signed for an Uzbek team a few days ago.

That's Uzbekistan.

To be fair Samuel Etoo almost signed for that club because of the money they were offering him.

Rivaldo is and has always been class, even during the worse period in his career at Milan he was still doing well whenever he gets a chance, when he moved to Greece he was the best player their by miles, even transformed his form to the Champions League.

Very underated player imo, he was the main reason behind Brazil winning in 2002, still bloody class every time i see him

• 14 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Might be in trouble.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68091321

The incident has involved several Spanish football executives including Ms Hermoso's former coach, a former marketing manager and the sports director of the men's team.

Jorge Vilda, Rubén Rivera and Albert Luque are accused of pressuring Ms Hermoso to say publicly the kiss had been consensual.

The judge in Madrid said the trio should also stand trial.

Lawyers involved in the proceedings now have 10 days to make a formal trial request before a court.

Rubiales is thick as fuck.

All he had to say straight off was that he got carried away in the heat of the moment and apologised to the player.

Instead he acted the big cunt and now this story has dragged on and gotten out of control.

Idiot.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

Sometimes you have to sit back and think the world has went insane. To be looking to lock up 4 people for the incident is fucking mental. 

On my job a few years ago upon entering a commercial premises some elderly lady felt me on my arse, should I seek to get her locked up??? Seek damages and compensation? 

The guy got sacked, he probably won't get employed again, he's got the reputation of a sex offender, what next? Shall we put him to death? Send his family to prison? 

He's an idiot, yes, but let's remember this isn't a murder case 

You're also talking a bit like people only go to prison for murder. People can go to prison for not paying fines.

The whole thing was completely fucked up and pretty unique. Although the sentence they're looking for is probably unlikely, it's not one of the things I'd file under the world going mad personally.

29 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're also talking a bit like people only go to prison for murder. People can go to prison for not paying fines.

The whole thing was completely fucked up and pretty unique. Although the sentence they're looking for is probably unlikely, it's not one of the things I'd file under the world going mad personally.

Generally, murder is the most extreme. Hence the use of it as an example.

You are also very likely to go to prison for murder and less likely to go prison for not paying a fine, hence the example

17 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Generally, murder is the most extreme. Hence the use of it as an example.

You are also very likely to go to prison for murder and less likely to go prison for not paying a fine, hence the example

And dare I say less likely to go to prison for what Rubiales did than murder, which is the point really.

Worlds gone mad. There's just no middle ground any more. Everything is so polarised.

It's like even the concept of middle ground, due diligence and logic are seen as controversial nowadays.

Surely the correct punishment for a non-consensual kiss (if proven) should be between no punishment and a 2.5 year prison sentence?

At least to me, discussing a 2.5 year prison sentence is as absurd as arguing the case for him getting away with no punishment?

What I will say is he handled this poorly, and he's clearly an idiot. Still, if we locked people up for that, there'd be some very full prisons.

Edited by BlazeT44

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

And dare I say less likely to go to prison for what Rubiales did than murder, which is the point really.

Yes otherwise we'd be locking up about a million people for trivial offences (compared to something like murder, rather than stealing some paper from a photocopier at work)

45 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Worlds gone mad. There's just no middle ground any more. Everything is so polarised.

It's like even the concept of middle ground, due diligence and logic are seen as controversial nowadays.

Surely the correct punishment for a non-consensual kiss (if proven) should be between no punishment and a 2.5 year prison sentence?

At least to me, discussing a 2.5 year prison sentence is as absurd as arguing the case for him getting away with no punishment?

What I will say is he handled this poorly, and he's clearly an idiot. Still, if we locked people up for that, there'd be some very full prisons.

Exactly as it's sets precedent for everything else. 

Surely we have to look into historical sex offences like all the people kissing eachother on VE day (clear evidence of women kissing the soldiers) some would argue it was jubilant but then this Spanish gadgie would argue exactly the same. 

It's absolute bollocks, the lass was seen laughing about the incident on the team bus.

Feel like absolutely nowt would have come of it had he just apologised when it happened and not spent months trying to threaten and demean the poor girl who'd very clearly done absolutely nothing wrong.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Feel like absolutely nowt would have come of it had he just apologised when it happened and not spent months trying to threaten and demean the poor girl who'd very clearly done absolutely nothing wrong.

Absolutely bang on! My last post isn't excusing his behaviour - it was appalling. He'd have received a much lighter punishment and this would have gone away if he put it down to being "caught in the moment".

Edited by BlazeT44

On 29/03/2024 at 09:58, Shak said:

Didn't know that like. Probs a ballbag too