Sir Alex Ferguson

Guest kingdawson

I actually like Froggy but it's not a great time to be a Man U supporter. Things will be said he doesn't like and anything he says will be treated with contempt.

Probably best to stay in general chat for a while ;) :D

I actually like Froggy but it's not a great time to be a Man U supporter. Things will be said he doesn't like and anything he says will be treated with contempt.

The first year I was here that's where I stayed to avoid any controversy. :lol:

Too hard to stay out of threads named after our own staff. I'm trying to be as impartial as I can, and probably failing miserably.

Too hard to stay out of threads named after our own staff. I'm trying to be as impartial as I can, and probably failing miserably.

People who get into arguments on here all the time are complete knobs though.

Guest bimpy474

You would say that.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

:whistle:

The arguments and controversy are a percentage of what makes football so great. Me and Decky near ripped each others throats out one night in Belfast arguing over Shearer and Rooney I think. :lol: There were actually a few Geordies in the pub watching it too. Never thought to ask if it was anyone from here.

Guest neesy111

The arguments and controversy are a percentage of what makes football so great. Me and Decky near ripped each others throats out one night in Belfast arguing over Shearer and Rooney I think. :lol: There were actually a few Geordies in the pub watching it too. Never thought to ask if it was anyone from here.

:thup:

Football would be boring if everyone agreed with everything. :lol:

Ferguson scared of us :yao:

Probably about as much as the US is scared of North Korea. Probably less.

You have a small time view of the club you are supposed to support - read CP 40s post.....

Incidentally, the US IS scared of N Korea because they know they would have to nuke them to be sure of winning...and risk the same in return.

Nah, Newcastle United is a wonderful club, I just think it's wonderful on its own merits. It doesn't need to be one based on some sort of fabricated relationship with Man United.

We were threatening to them once almost two decades ago. We have never been anywhere near their level since and won't be for the forseeable future barring some sort of miracle or mass calamity. The idea that anyone related to Man United would live in any sort of "pathological fear" of Newcastle is quite frankly laughable.

Our club is great because of those who support it, and it's location. ManUre is great because of it's success and dominance, which recently, is down to Sir Alex. I lost a lot of respect for him with his comments this week but to be fair to him, we are fuck all to most other people other than our own support. Unfortunately.  :(

Pinched this quote from somewhere else,

"Ultimately what football gives us all is camaraderie and membership of a larger family, and that is absolutely priceless"

I think those of us who have suffered years/decades of following Newcastle would appreciate that a lot more than plastic fans who associate themselves with the most successful teams.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Pinched this quote from somewhere else,

"Ultimately what football gives us all is camaraderie and membership of a larger family, and that is absolutely priceless"

I think those of us who have suffered years/decades of following Newcastle would appreciate that a lot more than plastic fans who associate themselves with the most successful teams.

Good quote, I have mates who are Man United fans, one of them has lived in Wallsend all his life ffs, I can't see how it doesn't bother him when his mates go to Newcastle home/away games and that, but he opts to support Man United from the sofa, load of bollocks.

As much as a cunt the bloke is, its obvious why he's done it. Diverted all media attention totally and utterly away from his players for their shoddy home performance to a poor Newcastle side.

I don't think he could have let Pardew's comments go without some sort of response. In his position, he's not going to let another manager get one over him.

'Perhaps Alan Pardew should get his own house in order' would have been a good reposte, but he's made himself look silly by going OTT.

“What is a club in any case?

Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

if only Alex has remembered that before calling us 'wee'