Turns out Roeder WAS a wet blanket ...

KaKa

****, I hope the ITK bollocks about Nobby isn't true at least.

He's one of the few players I really look up to. Always came off as an intelligent, respectful professional.

Would have me shedding a tear if it turns out he's actually a wanker and hangs out with Luque.

He's one of the few players I really look up to. Always came off as an intelligent, respectful professional.

Would have me shedding a tear if it turns out he's actually a w****** and hangs out with Luque.

he's not a w****** but he's one of Luque's few friends at the club

Would have me shedding a tear if it turns out he's actually a w****** and hangs out with Luque.

He's always been Luque's mate.

I wont hold one huff against him anyway.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Interesting that butt came out and said that, also quite worrying.

You can listen to the link on:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/default.stm

Thats quite hard hitting stuff.

There is no-one in the team bar Given and Owen who would hold down a place in the top 4 so where the fuck do they see their careers going.

The bastards need to be named and shamed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sort out the dressing room - Butt

Nicky Butt has claimed some of his team-mates do not care about Newcastle - and insists the new manager must solve the problem immediately.

Sam Allardyce is expected to be named Glenn Roeder's successor this week, and Butt indicated that the players would welcome the arrival of the former Bolton boss.

But Butt, 32, believes the new chief's first task must be to bring unity to an unsettled dressing room.

"We haven't been told anything yet, but we have heard the speculation about Sam, and everyone seems confident it is going to be him," said Butt.

"Hopefully, he will be brought into the club and sort a few things out.

"The majority of the players in the changing room work hard and are good professionals.

"But there are a few who, generally, don't want to play for the club. The sooner that is sorted out, the better.

"I am not one to criticise my team-mates, but there are genuinely one or two players who don't want to be here. There are some players who have bad spells, but they give 100% in every game.

"But when there are other people who have the ability to do well, yet don't always want to do well, that is wrong."

There were more rumours of unrest at Newcastle during the build-up to their 1-1 draw at Watford on Sunday.

Winger Charles N'Zogbia was understood to have left the ground after learning he would only be among the substitutes for the final game of the season at Vicarage Road.

Forward Obafemi Martins, meanwhile, declared himself unfit to play the day before the game with a knee injury.

While Butt stopped short of admitting that Allardyce would be appointed, the former Manchester United player spoke warmly about the 52-year-old, indicating he would be a popular choice with the Magpies squad.

Butt continued: "He is definitely a no-nonsense man. He comes across as being an honest manager, and that is all you can ask for as a player.

"I know everyone has the highest respect for him as a coach, with all the new things he has brought into the game.

"He was at Bolton for eight years and got them high up the table - maybe higher than they should have been.

"Only time will tell if he does come, but, if he does, then all well and good.

"When a new manager comes in, you have to start from scratch, and every player is in the same boat.

"Hopefully, he will come in and sort one or two out."

Should Allardyce be appointed, resolving the situation of Michael Owen will be one of his principal jobs.

United chairman Freddy Shepherd called for the England striker - who has been restricted by injury to just 14 appearances for the club since his move from Real Madrid in August 2005 - to pledge his future to the Tyneside outfit.

Butt played for England with Owen at the 2002 World Cup, and added: "First and foremost, Michael is a footballer, and he wants to play at the highest level.

"It is up to Michael and the people at the club to work it out.

"I know when Michael is playing for Newcastle, he gives his all, and he proved that at Watford."

Owen was carried off with mild concussion at Vicarage Road after colliding with team-mate Matthew Pattison, but it is not expected to affect the 27-year-old's participation in the England

B international against Albania at Burnley on May 25.

ironic that roeder said words to the effect of " we do not just look at the quality of the player but also the personality and how he acts " cannot remember the exact words but you get my drift mmmmm martins seems not to fit the profile .

I'm suprised Roeder lasted as long as he did if players were disrespecting him as much as is now being said. A lesser man would have falled on his sword a lot earlier.

Got to get these wasters out of the club. The words from Butt are quite shocking. Fat Sam is gonna have a big job on his hands here, rebuilding the club. First job has to be getting shot of the trouble makers. Problem is that many of them will be on big contracts, so we may have trouble moving them on. If that's the case - let the c**ts rot in the reserves or make them train on their own. None of this clean slate bo11ocks when the new boss takes over. This culture has existed for too long as the club and has to end.

Well this is the only time he has gone off the rails, at a time when his agent is probably pushing him for a move to a better club and the manager that has signed him has been sacked and uncertainty over whether the new manager can accomodate him or not.

Couple that with the fact apparently a few members of the squad dont want to be there, his potential strike partner is apparently going to be sold, and the prospect of playing with Ameobi and Sibierski upfront next season, and coached by the three stooges again.

I cant blame him for having his mind all over the place!  He will need to be disciplined though. Not a suprise when he sees babayaro and carr pulling a sicky whenever they like it, he would give it a go.

Just seen Look North and it said that Pearson was trying to get the players to go an see the fans. Carr and Dyer walked straight past him and down the tunnel. I wonder if that is the last we see of both of them? It looked like after he asked them Dyer just shook his head.

Dyer didn't bother to celebrate the goal yesterday and Carr....... Wouldn't surprise me if they were the ones who wanted a move away.

i have to say, very early on in roeders reign, i was told by a friend of taylors that he only ever had a go at the youngsters and would never get on the case of an older or more highly paid professional if they weren't pulling their weight

I'm probably looking forward to who we are getting rid of this summer as much as who we are bringing in.  Can't wait to see where the likes of Bramble & Carr end up.  Losing quality players (Owen or Oba being the only real examples) would be a loss, but I would trade either of them for having a manager that actually runs the club instead of the players with the largest mouths & egos.  Bring on the clearout.  Having read Allardyce's column for FourFourTwo every now and then, I'm eagerly anticipating the first time Luque or Zoggy have a strop and refuse to get on the bus.  :knuppel2:

Guest taff2727

just read this on the chronicle website.does anal know something we dont >:(

In addition, Craig Moore has been conspicuous by his absence lately because United felt he was spending too much time in Glasgow.

And what about Kieron Dyer? His lack of celebration when he scored yesterday gave fans I have spoken to the impression that he could be on his way out of St James' Park in the summer.

And, in my opinion, so too will Michael Owen.

Not the first time Solano's spat his dummy out is it? I remember reading a couple of years back during a game at home to Boro, after him and Robert were subbed around the hour mark, both were showered and had left the stadium before the match had finished. Also remember reading about him being in a huff during the Feyenoord away game when he was only named amongst the subs.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=12375513%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Nobby Solano has been hauled over the coals by Newcastle United for his reaction to being left on the bench for the Champions' League game with Feyenoord.

Sir Bobby Robson was furious at Solano's attitude before, during and after the magnificent victory in Rotterdam.

But when I asked the United boss today what the situation was concerning the Peruvian midfielder, Robson rapped back: "It is an internal matter and it is being dealt with internally."

However, I understand there is no question of Solano being fined because he has not breached any rules.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

But Robson has let Solano know in no uncertain terms that he is not happy with the way the right-winger reacted after being told he was the one to make room for Craig Bellamy's return in Holland.

Robson was already unhappy with Solano and fellow winger Laurent Robert after the pair of them left the ground early following their substitutions 20 minutes from the end of the victory over Middlesbrough earlier this month.

Solano came out of the ecstatic United dressing room at Feyenoord's De Kuip stadium last Wednesday with a face like thunder, which could hardly have been in bigger contrast to his colleagues.

And you don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out why.

The United management team and backroom staff had spotted Solano's demeanour and it took a bit of the shine off what has been a superb victory.

Solano was again left on the bench by Robson on Saturday as United beat Southampton 2-1 at St James's Park, despite the fact that, along with Shay Given, Aaron Hughes and Alan Shearer, he had started every other Premiership match this season.

But with Hugo Viana now likely to miss Saturday's trip to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United, Solano could well be needed by Robson at t[he weekend.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=12375513%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Nobby Solano has been hauled over the coals by Newcastle United for his reaction to being left on the bench for the Champions' League game with Feyenoord.

Sir Bobby Robson was furious at Solano's attitude before, during and after the magnificent victory in Rotterdam.

But when I asked the United boss today what the situation was concerning the Peruvian midfielder, Robson rapped back: "It is an internal matter and it is being dealt with internally."

However, I understand there is no question of Solano being fined because he has not breached any rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

But Robson has let Solano know in no uncertain terms that he is not happy with the way the right-winger reacted after being told he was the one to make room for Craig Bellamy's return in Holland.

Robson was already unhappy with Solano and fellow winger Laurent Robert after the pair of them left the ground early following their substitutions 20 minutes from the end of the victory over Middlesbrough earlier this month.

Solano came out of the ecstatic United dressing room at Feyenoord's De Kuip stadium last Wednesday with a face like thunder, which could hardly have been in bigger contrast to his colleagues.

The United management team and backroom staff had spotted Solano's demeanour and it took a bit of the shine off what has been a superb victory.

Solano was again left on the bench by Robson on Saturday as United beat Southampton 2-1 at St James's Park, despite the fact that, along with Shay Given, Aaron Hughes and Alan Shearer, he had started every other Premiership match this season.

But with Hugo Viana now likely to miss Saturday's trip to Old Trafford to take on Manchester United, Solano could well be needed by Robson at t[he weekend.

notice the only quote in the article :) .. the rest of course is the usual alan oliver interpretation.. of course there might be a grain of true, as Solano left the club few weeks later i believe, but still all the marks of typical Oliver bullshit

Not the first time Solano's spat his dummy out is it? I remember reading a couple of years back during a game at home to Boro, after him and Robert were subbed around the hour mark, both were showered and had left the stadium before the match had finished. Also remember reading about him being in a huff during the Feyenoord away game when he was only named amongst the subs.

Aye and if there are players who don't give a crap ship them off.

ADVERTISEMENT

notice the only quote in the article :) .. the rest of course is the usual alan oliver interpretation.. of course there might be a grain of true, as Solano left the club few weeks later i believe, but still all the marks of typical Oliver bullshit

Solano seems to be one of Olly's favourites so it would be weird for him to make that up. You never see an article on Nobby in the Chronicle without the words, "the amiable Peruvian" included somewhere in it by Oliver!

EDIT - Just used the icNewcastle search engine and he's used the "amiable Peruvian" line 18 times. :lol: