David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

This all too depressing. Surely we can afford to go out and buy a top class CB

Have you seen him play?

Yes and I was not overly impressed. However he would be a squad player at best and we need someone to dominate and lead the defence. he won't do that

Like who?  How do you know hes not going to be a top quality player?

Were Toure and Vidic seen as top class players before signing for Arsenal and Man United?

Vidic was chased by a lot of top teams (Manu, Liverpool, Inter, Chelsea, Madrid) , no idea about Toure.

So was Gooch to be fair...

hopefully he will be but i see where you are coming from with the new ownership etc you would have thought we would be aiming a bit higher but i guess we will have to trust big sam .imho if cashley did not want fat sam he would not let him spend cash on players another manager did not want .

Toure was played out on the right and up front before Wenger saw the potential and played him at centre half. He hasn't looked back since and looks awesome in just about every game.

Credit to Wenger.

wonder what's happening with Rozenhal.  Are we bidding for him or ?

With us missing out on Haim, and a lot of press coverage suggesting were after Rozenhal, I wonder when the bidding will take place? if it does at all for him...

With us missing out on Haim, and a lot of press coverage suggesting were after Rozenhal, I wonder when the bidding will take place? if it does at all for him...

A deal has been agreed with club and player; he's having a medical and being unveiled this week.

A deal has been agreed with club and player; he's having a medical and being unveiled this week.

Well hope this happens.  Keen to see the defence being re-built quickly so that they get to work together during pre-season more and will be ready as a unit for the Bolton game.

Guest Guinness

Sounds promising, hopefully we'll see something official shortly. Allardyce has been impressive in the transfer market so far, it makes a refreshing change after going through two transfer windows that can only be described as a shambles under Roeder.

Borussia Dortmund are ahead of Newcastle United in the quest to sign Paris Saint Germain defender David Rozehnal.

Sam Allardyce has confirmed an interest in the Czech Republic international, but last week denied a £2million transfer was 'imminent'.

Dortmund are also keen on the stopper and his agent has intimated Rozehnal would prefer a move to the Bundesliga.

PSG chairman Alain Cayzac has now confirmed that Dortmund have edged in front of Newcastle, although no bids have been accepted.

"About Rozehnal, Dortmund is a little ahead, but nothing is settled yet," Cayzac told L'Equipe.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472430&CPID=24&clid=4&lid=&title=Dortmund+head+for+Rozehnal

A bit worrying,  although it could well be bollocks.

Someone on an another forum who predicted Allardyce before Roeder was even sacked, Rossi and Sibierski has posted that its a done deal pending a medical and he will be unveiled at SJP this week.

And yet PSG chairman Alain Cayzac states otherwise, even suggesting we are by no means the favourites to his signature at the moment.  :shifty:

Borussia Dortmund are ahead of Newcastle United in the quest to sign Paris Saint Germain defender David Rozehnal.

Sam Allardyce has confirmed an interest in the Czech Republic international, but last week denied a £2million transfer was 'imminent'.

Dortmund are also keen on the stopper and his agent has intimated Rozehnal would prefer a move to the Bundesliga.

PSG chairman Alain Cayzac has now confirmed that Dortmund have edged in front of Newcastle, although no bids have been accepted.

"About Rozehnal, Dortmund is a little ahead, but nothing is settled yet," Cayzac told L'Equipe.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472430&CPID=24&clid=4&lid=&title=Dortmund+head+for+Rozehnal

A bit worrying,  although it could well be bollocks.

Isn't this the same news the ran last week?  I might be wrong but I think skysports are just repeating them selfs.

Guest Guinness

The Sky Sports website is pretty poor to be honest, it's pretty much the same article that they had up last week.

Someone on an another forum who predicted Allardyce before Roeder was even sacked, Rossi and Sibierski has posted that its a done deal pending a medical and he will be unveiled at SJP this week.

And yet PSG chairman Alain Cayzac states otherwise, even suggesting we are by no means the favourites to his signature at the moment.  :shifty:

This kid has never been wrong yet and he reckons £3M deal done and terms agreed, only thing not done is the medical.

The Sky Sports website is pretty poor to be honest, it's pretty much the same article that they had up last week.

Apart from the fact that this is the PSG Chairman rather than Sam Allardyce saying we had made no firm offer yet, or the lads agent who said a deal maybe close but that he slightly prefered Dortmund.

Aye, other than those slight differences the article is almost word for word. :cheesy:

Look I hope this ITK is right, despite the fact that most of those who have seen this fella don't seem to be overly impressed, and that Allardyce has a rather scattergun aproach to transfers in the past, we need the bodies. Fingers crossed, eh.