Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emre has done next to nothing in his Newcastle career to suggest he's worth keeping. Goals? Nope. Assists? Nope. Dead ball delivery?  :lol:

If we can make a profit on him, i'd ship him out.

Certainly.

Guest BooBoo

Emre has done next to nothing in his Newcastle career to suggest he's worth keeping. Goals? Nope. Assists? Nope. Dead ball delivery?  :lol:

Certainly.

Emre is not a bairn, its not as if he's going to hugely improve on what we've seen in 2 seasons. To say that he will, is just basing an opinion on nothing more than a hunch. What is fact is that he's shown himself to be injury prone and relatively ineffective in our supposed "creative midfielder" role. Sure he might play one 8/10 game every half a dozen games or so, but its not good enough and neither is he.

Certainly.

Emre is not a bairn, its not as if he's going to hugely improve on what we've seen in 2 seasons. To say that he will, is just basing an opinion on nothing more than a hunch. What is fact is that he's shown himself to be injury prone and relatively ineffective in our supposed "creative midfielder" role. Sure he might play one 8/10 game every half a dozen games or so, but its not good enough and neither is he.

Am agreeing with you just in case you think am not.  :lol:

Emre has unused talent. His ball control, vision and work rate are fantastic IMO. The only problem is that as BooBoo says he does not use it to effect the game often enough.

Can you remember when he signed for us there was a turkish guy on here that had watched him play for Inter and in turkey. He made a few comments that said:

He's a very talented all round midfielder

He needs to play in a 433 system as the link man

He will always have a few injuries in a season, therefore will miss a quite a few games

All of which are true IMO. For me the only way Emre's talent will be used to effect is if we have a defensive midfielder and a goal scoring midfielder alongside him. However, this means we will have to play 433 to accomodate Emre. Personally, i wouldn't be gutted if he stayed or went. I do believe that Allardyce is a very clever coach and could use Emre effectively for us.

Guest BooBoo

Emre has unused talent. His ball control, vision and work rate are fantastic IMO. The only problem is that as BooBoo says he does not use it to effect the game often enough.

Can you remember when he signed for us there was a turkish guy on here that had watched him play for Inter and in turkey. He made a few comments that said:

He's a very talented all round midfielder

He needs to play in a 433 system as the link man

He will always have a few injuries in a season, therefore will miss a quite a few games

All of which are true IMO. For me the only way Emre's talent will be used to effect is if we have a defensive midfielder and a goal scoring midfielder alongside him. However, this means we will have to play 433 to accomodate Emre. Personally, i wouldn't be gutted if he stayed or went. I do believe that Allardyce is a very clever coach and could use Emre effectively for us.

I hope you're right as it does look like SA will keep Emre. Hopefully he will be much mor effective in his preferred formation. It may also benefit him, not having to play alongside Parker.

Guest elbee909

Almost every player we have, bar Shay, can be accused of inconsistency as far as the last two seasons are concerned.  I'd put that down to the managerial merry-go-round, with consecutive managerial appointments lacking quality.  See no reason to ship out Emre when he's due a fair crack of the whip utilised properly under Allardyce.

always seemed a better player with butt along side him, have to agree his dead balls have been woeful, would much rather we identify someone else i.e nobby to take them if he is to stay, with all that is happening if someone comes in for him with a reasonable offer I would not loose any sleep seeing him go and watch SA weal and deal a bit more

Hope emre will stay, I believe he will become better.

Emre will prove his class once the clubs gets settled. been un unholy mess since he came here.

We have to keep him

So its the clubs fault that he goes missing in games, has some woeful deadball moments, and runs around a bit getting nowt done till he gets bored?

Guest BooBoo

Chronicle recokns that there's a bit of debate going on about Bartons fee. City want the money up front and Newcastle want to pay in installments. We want to hurry up otherwise West Ham will swipe him.

I can not believe that we are haggling over how we would pay the money. Mike Ashley has an offer on the table to buy the club for 133M & we are trying to pay 5.5M on instalments  :crazy2:

Get your hand in your pocket & get some players in  :rant:

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind - about the whole mess up at Barrack Rd - get it sorted.

Bingo club ITKs on KUMB are agreed Curbishley wants both Parker (for holding MF) and Barton (for the Gerrard style action man).  With the money Egghead is throwing at the transfer market, I can see this all ending in tears pretty quickly. 

I'd be gutted to see the bingo club go belly up!!

Guest johnson293

I can not believe that we are haggling over how we would pay the money. Mike Ashley has an offer on the table to buy the club for 133M & we are trying to pay 5.5M on instalments  :crazy2:

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind - about the whole mess up at Barrack Rd - get it sorted.

From the article in the Chronicle, it says we want to make a payment (figure not specified) and then pay the rest in two weeks time.

Perhaps the club want to pay  something to secure him, with the balance conditional on the outcome of his court hearing for the GBH.

If we pay the £5.5m now, he may get sent down and we are a large lump of cash + Scott Parker down for the start of next season.

I certainly dont think we are just 'penny-pinching' for the sake of it.

An Mike Ashleys money doesn't even come into Sams thinking until he takes over the club officially.

Sam will currently be wheeling and Dealing under the budget/constraint set by Freddy.

Can you imagine this for any other job "Well, this all looks fine.  There's obviously a minor blot on your reference about chinning your workmates in your last position, but we've been over that.  I'm happy to say that as long as you don't go down on that GBH charge, we can offer you the position. Welcome aboard!" :lol:

Still can't grumble about this bit of dealing like, it's a bit of a risk but as long as Barton doesn't do anything really stupid it's a good move.

From the article in the Chronicle, it says we want to make a payment (figure not specified) and then pay the rest in two weeks time.

Perhaps the club want to pay  something to secure him, with the balance conditional on the outcome of his court hearing for the GBH.

If we pay the £5.5m now, he may get sent down and we are a large lump of cash + Scott Parker down for the start of next season.

I certainly dont think we are just 'penny-pinching' for the sake of it.

An Mike Ashleys money doesn't even come into Sams thinking until he takes over the club officially.

Sam will currently be wheeling and Dealing under the budget/constraint set by Freddy.

I'd be amazed if we can get a clause written in stating that if he gets sent down that we get money off the transfer fee - we may be able to write something into his contract about sacking him but that's about it.

The bottom line is that if we want him we buy baggage and all. City will not give way to clauses & Barton is very unlikely to accept any clause in his contract. Surely our legal beagles have already done their homework on the chances of him getting put away.

Barton clearly wants to come here and Sam wants him. That being the case we simply tell WH they must sign Parker or the deal is off & we then sign Barton.

If Parker stays he stays, we may still get Barton (this is where Mr Ashley can help out & show his good faith), if he goes he goes & we should get Barton. If WH get Barton in either event it should be because that is where Barton wants to go; it really can not be because we get out-manoeuvred, don't have the cash or are wanting unrealistic clauses inserted. Sold As Seen.

I doubt this has got owt to do with the court case. Altho I had the idea that he was in court 18/6 (Two weeks today, which matches the Chronicle story), I can't find owt to back it up(I did read he's on bail till 11/7). More likely that the reason for you wanting to wait is you dont have the cash to pay and need to get your hands on the Parker moneys to pay us, rather than trying to screw us over in case he gets sent down, which apparently isn't going to be decided for a good while. 

Guest ToonGeneral

SSN are just reporting this Barton to West Ham rubbish. There is no way we will let Parker and Barton end up at West Ham.

4-3-3 was used by Big Sam at Bolton.

Butt, Emre and Barton could work.  :)

I am ambivalent whether Emre stays or goes . However if he stays please,please do not let him take corner kicks and don't let him near the ball at free kicks.