Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe people are giving Parker grief for telling the fans to f*** off. You compare him to other players like N'Zogbia and Shola who haven't given anything back. Isn't the reason obvious? They don't give a s***. They put in 50% of the effort Parker did when he was playing for us - I'd have been absolutely fuming if I'd been as committed as him for a club and then fans get on my back, especially considering some of the useless players in the same side. Zog and Shola strike me as the type of players who when the fans are barracking them are thinking of their next pay cheque or night out. Likewise a number of Newcastle players in the last ten years or so.

I don't blame him for leaving, the club was clearly falling apart and he'd had enough. Like with any job, if your boss, work colleagues and MD are all clueless and just not very good at your job, you'd be an idiot not to be thinking of going elsewhere.

I can't believe people are giving Parker grief for telling the fans to f*** off. You compare him to other players like N'Zogbia and Shola who haven't given anything back. Isn't the reason obvious? They don't give a s***. They put in 50% of the effort Parker did when he was playing for us - I'd have been absolutely fuming if I'd been as committed as him for a club and then fans get on my back, especially considering some of the useless players in the same side. Zog and Shola strike me as the type of players who when the fans are barracking them are thinking of their next pay cheque or night out. Likewise a number of Newcastle players in the last ten years or so.

I don't blame him for leaving, the club was clearly falling apart and he'd had enough. Like with any job, if your boss, work colleagues and MD are all clueless and just not very good at your job, you'd be an idiot not to be thinking of going elsewhere.

When Parker left there was great optimism around the place with a new owner and a highly regarded new manager. I don't think anyone predicted it was falling apart at the time.

Internally there were many rumours of players not getting on, Parker was aware the club was 'unprofessional' compared to those of a similar stature - but yeah you do have a point. Maybe not 'clearly' falling apart, but with the wages of some players and the money which was/had been wasted, it was more than a guess to see some aspects of our club weren't the greatest. 

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Interesting that a thread about Barton is filled with talk about other players. There's nothing really to say about Barton other than he's an absolute disaster of a footballer/human being.

I liked Parker a lot, his twirls pissed me off at times but I liked him.

I thought Barton was a better player, I had my doubts over his mentalness, unfortunately it has turned out much worse than I ever feared.

Ronaldo- I thought Oba had a decent first season sprinkled with some impressive performances. After that it was an extremely mediocre effort by a seemingly unmotivated player who's attitude was questionable, especially during the relegation season.

• 3 weeks later...

It only dawned on me during the Boro game that it's been a while since he played for us. He is possibly our best player ability wise, so excited to see what he can add to us if were already playing well.

Proof?

Out of interest who do you drop for him?

Granted, he would get in ahead of Nicky Butt & Geremi (he's still in our squad...how?!) but neither Smith nor Nolan can be dropped from our starting eleven in this division. Maybe when we play 4-5-1 away from home he can come in alongside Smith in the middle (Nolan supporting), but this keeps Guthrie marooned out on the right where he's clearly not comfortable...despite being effective last week.

Out of interest who do you drop for him?

Granted, he would get in ahead of Nicky Butt & Geremi (he's still in our squad...how?!) but neither Smith nor Nolan can be dropped from our starting eleven in this division. Maybe when we play 4-5-1 away from home he can come in alongside Smith in the middle (Nolan supporting), but this keeps Guthrie marooned out on the right where he's clearly not comfortable...despite being effective last week.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Barton will also have to play on the right, meaning no more Guthrie.