Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

Just to go back to my original point of 'signing Ben Haim would be more beneficial than signing Davies, both from a financial and footballing aspect' ... that's because i don't think he'll ask for £65k. If he does, then Davies would more likely be the better option, obviously.

Aye, and you'd have to pay about £8m, plus a signing on fee, plus wages for Davies.

Which is about what you'd pay Ben Haim over a 5 year contract.

Davies

Fee: £8m

Signing on fee £500k

Wages: £25k x 5 years = £6.5m

Total: £15m

Ben Haim

Fee: £0

Signing on fee : £2m

Wages: £65k x 5 years = £16.9m

Total: £18.9m

All guess work, but in the end him at £65k pw isn't worth it imo.

And after 2/3 years they would have revised contracts offered to prevent the spectre of a Bosman walk out a couple of years further down the line.  Davies goes up to £35k (no problem), what the hell would Ben Haim be looking for??

The figures you came up with seem reasonable and the conclusion spot on! :thup:

Seems about right imo, his contract would go up, but even with a steady £35k over the 5 years he's cheaper than Ben Haim at Chelsea's offer.

The fact he's younger and English would also see Davies as a better buy for the club in the long term, Chelsea may come in for him at £30m with Ben Haim as part ex desperate for 1st team football ;)

So, end of the day, no real worry about losing out on Ben Haim at £65k, if that's what Chelsea are offering then he'll just be adding to the near £300m debt their in and rising.

Aye, and you'd have to pay about £8m, plus a signing on fee, plus wages for Davies.

Davies

Signing on fee £500k

Ben Haim

And after 2/3 years they would have revised contracts offered to prevent the spectre of a Bosman walk out a couple of years further down the line.  Davies goes up to £35k (no problem), what the hell would Ben Haim be looking for??

Seems about right imo, his contract would go up, but even with a steady £35k over the 5 years he's cheaper than Ben Haim at Chelsea's offer.

The fact he's younger and English would also see Davies as a better buy for the club in the long term, Chelsea may come in for him at £30m with Ben Haim as part ex desperate for 1st team football ;)

So, end of the day, no real worry about losing out on Ben Haim at £65k, if that's what Chelsea are offering then he'll just be adding to the near £300m debt their in and rising.

I think this is more to do with Pini Zihavi and his relationship with Abramovich than Ben Haim's footballing ability tbh.  Ben Haim is a pretty good player for sure, but £65k??  That's a lot of money for someone of his ability.  And if the Chelsea debt grows because of it, Abramovich isn't bothered, he can afford it.

I think Newcastle would be well off without him tbh.

Davies

Signing on fee £500k

Ben Haim

I think this is more to do with Pini Zihavi and his relationship with Abramovich than Ben Haim's footballing ability tbh.  Ben Haim is a pretty good player for sure, but £65k??  That's a lot of money for someone of his ability.  And if the Chelsea debt grows because of it, Abramovich isn't bothered, he can afford it.

I think Newcastle would be well off without him tbh.

forget what you thoght was a players worth,another explosion is happening in wages and transfer fees.

Davies

Signing on fee £500k

Ben Haim

A couple of comments on that.  Who says there would be a £2 million signing on fee for Ben Haim?  Who says Davies would accept £25,000 per week?  Davies is s*** in comparison to Ben Haim.  Finally even based on your guesses he would only be slightly more expensive if he stayed for the full 5 years.  We'd pay more for Davies right from day one then we'd pay Ben Haim for his first two years!  It would take until year four of his contract before he'd finally become more expensive then Davies, and that's going by your rather dubious guesses on wages and signing on fee's.

I'll rephrase my answer......

in fact, f*** it - I'll just say it again: 'Giving Ben Haim any more than £40k a week would be lunacy.'  :idiot2:

No it isn't, this idea that a players worth is fixed no matter what the situation is lunacy IMO.  The fact is when a player is a free agent they become worth more in wages and signing on fee's, simply due to the money the club will save on a transfer fee.  If he still had a contract at Bolton what do you think it would cost to buy him?  Or another player of the same age, quality and Premiership experience?

According to israeli press - Ben Haim Chose Newcastle and will sign there before his wedding on Sunday!

Well i dont know hebrew but i have israeli guy that i met in South Ameirca trip and he know that im NUFC player and he send me an E mail saying that Ben Haim Said that he will sign in Newcastle soon,hopes to end it before his wedding on Sunday.Link:

http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=252&docID=21466&lang=he

well dont know what is written there but you can press on the picture of him to play the video

Is it possible to get any translation on this link?

If he says what is claimed ill be very happy..

roughly.......................Tel ben life, the Israeli brake of  Bolton, sojourns in the country towards his wedding on Sunday is next. This morning ( third ) arrived the actor to the treatments by the clinic of '  Mdiks ' at  Hpiziotrpist my shelf  Oirshobski, that worker with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Yesterday were advertised in England is a quotations according to them luminous Geller, artist of the telepathy, according to them the actor consults with him in the subject of the passage to the different group,  Niokasl or Chelsea. Xxage life related to the subject and said to locate sport 5: " Luminous Geller is not helpful me to decide. We are friends and speak without every contact. I spoke with him yesterday after all the advertisings and he denied that he said things like these to the communication the English and that the things were taken out of the context. This that he said that he wants to see me in the group like this or differently this his right ".

To the this other group read Chelsea.

"Like this or differently. This is not second, I have enough advisers, all of them know who this is my father and which contact there is between us and of course Finnish golden that advisory me. Then like that I said we speak, but on things that really unrelated to the group in which will play in the next season ".

Then in the what group will play?

"Let's wait for with this, in the next few days things will clear and just now we not speak on this. Until the wedding big God ".

published for the first time : 16:41 |

whers goashem when he's needed ?

Davies

Signing on fee £500k

Ben Haim

A couple of comments on that.  Who says there would be a £2 million signing on fee for Ben Haim?  Who says Davies would accept £25,000 per week?  Davies is s*** in comparison to Ben Haim.  Finally even based on your guesses he would only be slightly more expensive if he stayed for the full 5 years.  We'd pay more for Davies right from day one then we'd pay Ben Haim for his first two years!  It would take until year four of his contract before he'd finally become more expensive then Davies, and that's going by your rather dubious guesses on wages and signing on fee's.

These figures are guess work as stated, feel free to guess your own at any time during the discussion.

Guest SwissMagpie

Sorry to dissapoint u guys but according to Israeli Media,Ben Haim will sign at chelsea in the next 24 hours.again my israeli friend sent me an e-mail. yesterday it was thought that he chose us but today a chelsea Club member confirmed to israeli media that Tal will be a chelsea player soon.this is the article:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/3/ART1/594/822.html

The headline says:"Ben Haim will sign at Chelsea in the next 24 houes"

Super agant Pini Zehavi is quoted there by saying :"No Comment"

Curtis Davies might be a solution for us.

An overhyped player with an overinflated price tag versus a more experienced player on a free with a close link to our manager. No competition.

I really, really hate football sometimes.

Curtis Davies might be a solution for us.

An overhyped player with an overinflated price tag versus a more experienced player on a free with a close link to our manager. No competition.

I really, really hate football sometimes.

I wanted Ben Haim to sign for us to, but I just mean that we need to find someone else now.

Could we find some really quality defenders in europe with experience?

Ideas?

Guest SwissMagpie

6-7 million is fine for him.i don't believe all that talk about 10 or 8 million price tag.he doesnt want to stay at the club after they got relegated.

here is another update from Israel(via Messenger) Tal Ben Haim is at the airport now and didn't want to talk with the Israeli journalists there.

So its quite done,he is on the way to the Chelsea bench

Sorry to dissapoint u guys but according to Israeli Media,Ben Haim will sign at chelsea in the next 24 hours.again my israeli friend sent me an e-mail. yesterday it was thought that he chose us but today a chelsea Club member confirmed to israeli media that Tal will be a chelsea player soon.this is the article:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/3/ART1/594/822.html

The headline says:"Ben Haim will sign at Chelsea in the next 24 houes"

Super agant Pini Zehavi is quoted there by saying :"No Comment"

2 contrasting pieces of information within 2 days. Im sure they are guessing

6-7 million is fine for him.i don't believe all that talk about 10 or 8 million price tag.he doesnt want to stay at the club after they got relegated.

here is another update from Israel(via Messenger) Tal Ben Haim is at the airport now and didn't want to talk with the Israeli journalists there.

So its quite done,he is on the way to the Chelsea bench

when we bring in players i wait until the club announces it,i'll do the same on this occasion,no reason to disbelieve you but plenty to disbelieve the press.

no quotes from player,agent or either club,yet!

Guest Guinness

If Ben Haim wants to go to Chelsea to sit on the bench then thats up to him. With the amount of rumours flying about at the moment I won't believe anything until it's official but if he has indeed agreed to sign for them then all we can do is move on to the next target.

This was reported today in an article on SSN about Sam Allardyce not being interested in Tuncai and Guiley and this was mentioned too:

Allardyce's prime defensive target is his former charge at Bolton, Tal Ben Haim, who is available on a free transfer after seeing his contract expire at The Reebok Stadium.

The Israeli international is currently preparing to be married, but after the ceremonies are complete Allardyce has revealed he will step up his attempts to secure the player.

"We are very interested in Ben Haim, but he is getting ready for his wedding next weekend," Allardyce added. "It is something I will be chasing up this week."

If he goes to Chelsea then good luck to him.

Good player but not of the quality for me to dwell about...

Would have been a good deal on a free though, now we probably have to invest a bit more to get quality.

Guest SwissMagpie

his agant Pini Zehavi is quouted there :"No comment" and he was seen in the Airport by the Sports Channel there but Tal didnt want to comment.so for me its the end of story.when 3 big sites are saying that he is Chelsea player so you got to believe it