Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

They said the other day that Chelsea offered him 60 000 .

If we pay Barton 70 000, we should definately pay the same to Ben Haim

I don't think Barton is on £70,000 a week though.

I agree it seems much, but it is what was said when it was all over the news last week..

They said the other day that Chelsea offered him 60 000 .

If we pay Barton 70 000, we should definately pay the same to Ben Haim

I don't think Barton is on £70,000 a week though.

I agree it seems much, but it is what was said when it was all over the news last week..

By Alan Oliver when every other source had £46,000 a week which sounds a lot closer to what you would expect.

I can't believe anyone would bid 7 million squid for Nigel Reo Coker.  But it's a funny old game and all that.  Besides it is fairly universally accepted that he will be on far less than 70k.  Notwithstanding the fact that there is a fair chance that he won't come here at all at the present rate.

I can accept inflated transfer fees far more than I can inflated player wages, though (and I'm talking generally here). If you spend 7m on a player and then pay him 70k a week, you've spent his transfer fee again in two years.

Although, regardless of the rights or wrongs of NRC as a player, I'd suggest that 7m for the England U21 captain is on the low side. I suspect he'll actually go for more than that. But then again, I'm using the yardstick of Spurs paying 10m for a player who is so young, he's only recently passed from being a glint in his father's eye, and who probably kicked a ball for the first time about 10 months ago. Which is in itself kind of barmy.

I heard the other day that Wigan are paying young Titus 40k a week.

*shocked face emoticon*

And I do take the 70k thing with a minor pinch of salt. Although ...... *thinks of Kieron Dyer*

There may be a change in the situation if the Bolton press is to believed:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/wanderersnews/display.var.1466451.0.tal_set_for_dream_chelsea_move.php

Tal set for dream Chelsea move

By Gordon Sharrock

TAL Ben Haim is all set to seal his dream move to Chelsea.

The wantaway Wanderer, who was on the verge of a lucrative transfer to Stamford Bridge in January, is expected to make an announcement on his future next week - and Jose Mourinho is tipped to win the bidding war.

Ben Haim is also wanted by his old boss, Sam Allardyce, at Newcastle, but the Geordies are struggling to match his financial demands.

Chelsea have no such worries and can offer the 25-year-old Israeli international instant Champions League football and better prospects of challenging for the game's major prizes.

Ben Haim is represented by the so-called "super agent" Pini Zihavi, who has strong connections with Chelsea, and was bitterly disappointed when his proposed move to the Bridge in the mid-winter transfer window collapsed when the Blues refused to match Wanderers' asking price, believed to be £3million, knowing they could sign him on a free transfer in July once his contract had expired.

He has been silent on his future since Bolton chairman, Phil Gartside, made a last-ditch attempt to keep him at the Reebok when he offered him a new deal at the end of the season.

And, although, Sammy Lee has expressed his desire to keep the talented centre-back, the Whites' boss was speaking more in hope than expectation, knowing he could not compete with the likes of Chelsea, who are believed to have offered the former Maccabi Tel Aviv captain a contract worth £65,000 a week.

Allardyce is now understood to have lined up a £2.5m deal for Paris St Germain's 26-year-old Czech centre-back, David Rozehnal, a player he was keen to bring to Bolton before he resigned in April.

Wanderers, meanwhile, are among a number of clubs linked with MK Dons' former England Under-21 striker, Izale McLeod, who has been told he can leave the League Two club.

Gavin McCann's move from Aston Villa has been rubber-stamped after the 29-year-old midfielder completed the medical formalities of the transfer, which takes him to the Reebok on a three-year contract.

Former Wanderers favourite, Jason McAteer, has announced he is hanging up his boots after being told his player-coach contract at Tranmere Rovers would not be renewed.

The Merseyside-born Republic of Ireland international made 145 appearances for Wanderers in the mid-nineties before joining Liverpool in August 1995 in a record-breaking £4.5m deal, which still stands as the biggest transfer fee the Whites have ever received.

He later played for Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland and went on to win 52 caps for Ireland and played in the 1994 and 2002 World Cups.

Ben Haim is also wanted by his old boss, Sam Allardyce, at Newcastle, but the Geordies are struggling to match his financial demands.

Well that would be a first, and very unlikely imo.

We could easily offer 40k a week which would be about double what he was on at Bolton, if he wants 65k to sit on the bench at Chelsea then fook him.

We could easily offer 40k a week which would be about double what he was on at Bolton, if he wants 65k to sit on the bench at Chelsea then fook him.

About the size of it really. Not worth £65k, i've got issues with £40k tbh, so lets look elsewhere, i hear Curtis Davies is mulling over if he should hand in his transfer request.

About the size of it really. Not worth £65k, i've got issues with £40k tbh, so lets look elsewhere, i hear Curtis Davies is mulling over if he should hand in his transfer request.

That would be interesting :D

That would be interesting :D

Very considering you'd have to pay Ben Haim about £2m signing on fee, as well as £65k, i reckon Davies would settle for around £25k at his age, especially if he want the move, so thats £2m a year (x 5 year contract) less in wages, should cover any fee for Davies tbh.

Aye, and you'd have to pay about £8m, plus a signing on fee, plus wages for Davies. And £25k, you must be having a laugh.

Signing Ben Haim would be more beneficial both from a financial aspect and a footballing aspect.

Aye, and you'd have to pay about £8m, plus a signing on fee, plus wages for Davies.

Which is about what you'd pay Ben Haim over a 5 year contract.

Davies

Fee: £8m

Signing on fee £500k

Wages: £25k x 5 years = £6.5m

Total: £15m

Ben Haim

Fee: £0

Signing on fee : £2m

Wages: £65k x 5 years = £16.9m

Total: £18.9m

All guess work, but in the end him at £65k pw isn't worth it imo.

We won't Ben Haim him if we're going to have to pay £65k for him. And with Davies, he's hardly going to accept a fee that is less than the likes of Babayaro and Butt. This is a more accurate prediction i would have thought:

Davies:

Signing on fee: £500k

Wages: £35k-a-week minimum. 5 years: £9.1m

Total: £17.6m

Ben Haim

Signing on fee: £2m

Wages: £40k-a-week. 5 years: £10.4m

Total: £12.4m

We won't Ben Haim him if we're going to have to pay £65k for him. And with Davies, he's hardly going to accept a fee that is less than the likes of Babayaro and Butt. This is a more accurate prediction i would have thought:

Davies:

Ben Haim

I think Taylor will have something to say about his u21 partner being paid more than him.

I think you are over estimating his weekly wage, but even with a £10k a week increase (which would be silly money for someone so young who had a tough time in the Championship last season and desperately want to get back in the EPL) the point is if Chelsea are going £65k, then Ben Haim is not worth it, and i stand by that, and it would work out cheaper to sign Davies, who also in 5 years will hold better market value than Ben Haim simply as he's English and younger.

So dissapointed in Ben Haim if true. He will never play at Chelsea.

Mourinho never rotates his defenders unless they are injured. Good luck to him.

It looks like it will come down to either Ben Haim or Rozenhal then.

Davies:

Ben Haim

the point is if Chelsea are going £65k, then Ben Haim is not worth it, and i stand by that, and it would work out cheaper to sign Davies

Like i said, we won't go for him if that's what he's asking. We're not that daft.

Aye, and you'd have to pay about £8m, plus a signing on fee, plus wages for Davies.

Which is about what you'd pay Ben Haim over a 5 year contract.

Davies

Signing on fee £500k

Wages: £25k x 5 years = £6.5m

Total: £15m

Ben Haim

Signing on fee : £2m

Wages: £65k x 5 years = £16.9m

Total: £18.9m

All guess work, but in the end him at £65k pw isn't worth it imo.

And after 2/3 years they would have revised contracts offered to prevent the spectre of a Bosman walk out a couple of years further down the line.  Davies goes up to £35k (no problem), what the hell would Ben Haim be looking for??

The figures you came up with seem reasonable and the conclusion spot on! :thup: