Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

his agant Pini Zehavi is quouted there :"No comment" and he was seen in the Airport by the Sports Channel there but Tal didnt want to comment.so for me its the end of story.when 3 big sites are saying that he is Chelsea player so you got to believe it

He may very well be a Chelsea player, but I wouldn't believe a few websites. Where would we be now if we believed everything skysports.com told us?

Which seconds later is carried by teamsquawk and similar sites...

Dont want Curtis Davies.

However without Ben Haim i am struggling to think of a quality CB.

I dont count Rozenhal as i have never seen him. Other links such as Brown and Davies dont excite me they are very overrated.

Sam has got a hard job to try and find them.

Guest SwissMagpie

Peter Kenyon confirmed to Israeli Media that TBH will be Chelsea player.

probably will be on SSN soon

Guest SwissMagpie

we shall wait and see.believe me that i want to see him here.but this is the info that i get from Israel

Would have been a good signing but it's nowt to be heartbroken about, plenty more players out there.

Though having a player with the initials TBH would be nice tbh.

Would have been a good signing but it's nowt to be heartbroken about, plenty more players out there.

now if you think back to the old management i woud have been shitting myself as I would defiently be expecting a panic buy as we had our eggs all in one basket. Now with SA I feel really calm even if we miss a "real" target due to the fact SA actually does have a list unlike the pretend one roedent always cracked on about.

now if you think back to the old management i woud have been shitting myself as I would defiently be expecting a panic buy as we had our eggs all in one basket. Now with SA I feel really calm even if we miss a "real" target due to the fact SA actually does have a list unlike the pretend one roedent always cracked on about.

Agreed. A few months after he missed out on Distin before he came here on loan, he signed N'Gotty for £500k...and he gave Bolton 4 good years.

Agreed. A few months after he missed out on Distin before he came here on loan, he signed N'Gotty for £500k...and he gave Bolton 4 good years.

we should try and keep the attitude of no player missed is a "Massive loss" the top sides all want very few players and they all move on if they are unsuccessful without feeling it is the end of the world. An this is what Im starting to feel about the toon, we want players if we dont land them it was not meant to be and we will look elsewhere.

decent player, but not the best we can do.

Excellent deal on a free, but there are better defenders out there.

If we get him brilliant, but i wont cry into my cornflakes that long if he signs for chelsea.

We want players hungry to play for us.

I mean if he does go to chelsea it must be one of the factors he didnt come to us

1. better wages

2. world class stars to play beside

3. chance of champ league footy and medals.

and what we need to remember is

1. we dont know if SA and TBH got on

2. we dont know if SA was to blame for not getting him to extend his stay with Bolton

3. obvious things like we aint in europe right now and we didnt seem to want to match chelseas wage offer.

Won't be surprised to see him to go to Chelsea. Actually, would be surprised to see him not go to there. Same as Sidwell.

Wouldn't need higher pay. They've got CL football and a record of success-- that show no sign of abating. London is probably a factor as well.

If we were offering less money, Sam would have to be one hell of a charismatic fellow to pull him in.

ye but they will become reserve players. where is the ambition in that?

belief they have what it takes to break into the first team?

hope that the manager rotates them with another player so they play a fair ammount of games?

chance of playing on the "big stage"

winning things

being on a bumper "champions" type wage

lots of reasons really

ye but they will become reserve players. where is the ambition in that?

He thinks the world of himself--- assumes that they'll bench Terry once they get a look at him.

Imagine he's always been a big fish in a small pond and has no experience sitting on the bench. Doesn't know what it is like. Anyway, he'll get plenty of games.. with Chelsea playing in Europe and deep into the cups.

I could see why he'd go there. He's at that age where he's had plenty of getting regular first-team football. This might be the one chance he gets of getting a real big club. For 2 years or so, I'm sure Ben Haim would settle for 15 games a season and a few titles.

Isn't that just a rehash of earlier articles?

I hope he does come here, people say we could do better but I am not sure we really could without spending big money. The lad is proven in this league to be a very good defender and that sort of player costs a lot of money!

Guest Knightrider

Not bothered, good player, ideal for us, but you can't win them all and I expect us to address defensive issues regardless. If it won't be Haim it will be someone of equal ability or rather equal status, i.e. experienced centre-back who will improve the first-team.

Not bothered, good player, ideal for us, but you can't win them all and I expect us to address defensive issues regardless. If it won't be Haim it will be someone of equal ability or rather equal status, i.e. experienced centre-back who will improve the first-team.

while his keyboard gently weeps

Always thought it would be a miracle if he came here ahead of Chelsea. Mourinho obviously rates him and has been tapping him since last year. Would have been a great coup for Sam let's not pretend otherwise. Can't say any of the other alternatives mentioned so far have caught the imagination much but Ben Haim probably didn't when Allardyce first signed him either.