Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

Alex is good, but apparently Mourinho doesn't want him at the club, he was someone Arnesen insisted on bringing in.

I'll tell you what would make sense ... a quick bid for Alex as soon as Ben Haim joins Chelsea.

Chelsea signed Alex for £1 right? So a double your money offer of £2 should seal the deal imho.

Now that would be one hell of a bargain!

Alex is good, but apparently Mourinho doesn't want him at the club, he was someone Arnesen insisted on bringing in.

I'll tell you what would make sense ... a quick bid for Alex as soon as Ben Haim joins Chelsea.

Chelsea signed Alex for £1 right? So a double your money offer of £2 should seal the deal imho.

They paid £7m or so a couple of seasons ago though, this deal was a way around a work permit IIRC. (i could possibly be wrong)

Still plenty of time. Allardyce wouldn't have put all his eggs in one basket. I think he will make sure he's got a new defence sorted for pre-season

allardyce was on SSN talking mainly about the opening days fixture but stated he would like to get in a couple centre halves and a left back,maybe a right back aswell.

Still plenty of time. Allardyce wouldn't have put all his eggs in one basket. I think he will make sure he's got a new defence sorted for pre-season

allardyce was on SSN talking mainly about the opening days fixture but stated he would like to get in a couple centre halves and a left back,maybe a right back aswell.

He actually said he might get a right back as well? Thats good news after what has been said about Dyer playing there. Gives me hope that Carr will be away as well.

If Ben Haim wants to go to Chelsea and subsequently rot on the bench (if that), then let him. He deserves it.

Just like Sidwell.

As for Chelsea... well. Man Utd sign Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson. Chelsea sign Ben Haim and Sidwell. Two of our targets, to get us into top half football again.

Erm...? Do they want to win the league again? ???

Seems to have given up on Tal Ben Haim, Sam thinks he will join Chelski, said he has been trying hard this week, but not managed to pull anything off yet.. :D Owen not back for his wank of Sam yet then. :lol:

If Ben Haim wants to go to Chelsea and subsequently rot on the bench (if that), then let him. He deserves it.

Just like Sidwell.

As for Chelsea... well. Man Utd sign Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson. Chelsea sign Ben Haim and Sidwell. Two of our targets, to get us into top half football again.

Why would Ben Haim turn down a contract at Bolton and Chelsea to sign for us, when next season it's acceptable to finish top 10 for us. ;)

They paid £7m or so a couple of seasons ago though, this deal was a way around a work permit IIRC. (i could possibly be wrong)

I was just kidding about the £2 bid, but I do think it might be worthwhile making a bid for Alex though, should Ben Haim sign with Chelsea.

I reckon a £4 million bid should just about do the trick. Have only seen him occassionally but from what I remember he did look a decent centre back.

Just like Sidwell.

Why would Ben Haim turn down a contract at Bolton and Chelsea to sign for us, when next season it's acceptable to finish top 10 for us. ;)

So you're claiming it's unacceptable to finish in the top 10.

;)

I was just kidding about the £2 bid, but I do think it might be worthwhile making a bid for Alex though, should Ben Haim sign with Chelsea.

I reckon a £4 million bid should just about do the trick. Have only seen him occassionally but from what I remember he did look a decent centre back.

I know you were kidding about the £2 but at £4m they are making a loss on a player they've never even played.

Seriously though. How old's Ben Haim. 25? 26? He's now at the stage of his career now where he'll want to win things. He has a once in a lifetime chance to join a title contender, he'd be foolish to turn it down. Since a lot of people on here seem to think simply finishing top 10 would be good, why would Ben Haim want to join that? He's been experiencing that for the last 3 years at Bolton.

I know you were kidding about the £2 but at £4m they are making a loss on a player they've never even played.

They overpay for everyone so they should always expect to make a loss. Besides the manager doesn't appear to want him, whcih is why he apparently refused to bring him in during January and instead prefered to play Essien in the back four!

Seriously though. How old's Ben Haim. 25? 26? He's now at the stage of his career now where he'll want to win things. He has a once in a lifetime chance to join a title contender, he'd be foolish to turn it down. Since a lot of people on here seem to think simply finishing top 10 would be good, why would Ben Haim want to join that? He's been experiencing that for the last 3 years at Bolton.

I do not think that either Ashley or Allerdyce would regard even their first seasons ultimate objective as "top 10".

It could be (maybe) that that is all we end up getting - but it CANNOT be an 'objective'  -  and certainly not an objective that they will be telling potential new players about (though, I know you are not saying that they would actually do that)!

I do not think that either Asley or Allerdyce would regard even their first seasons ultimate objective as "top 10".

It could be (maybe) that that is all we end up getting - but it CANNOT be an 'objective'  -  and certainly not an objective that they will be telling potential new players about!

i was thinking that,reckon top 6 will  be the objective

I do not think that either Asley or Allerdyce would regard even their first seasons ultimate objective as "top 10".

It could be (maybe) that that is all we end up getting - but it CANNOT be an 'objective'  -  and certainly not an objective that they will be telling potential new players about!

i was thinking that,reckon top 6 will  be the objective

Yeah, possibly, but I think we will get more of an idea about this, after Ashley completes the takeover, and his 'player spending' policy becomes more clear.  

Mid-July?

Try telling a lot of people on here that.

ok

now listen up a lot of people on here,i think the objective for next season will be to finish in the top six.

how was that ?

Fine :D  :thup: :thup:

Try telling a lot of people on here that.

There are still a lot of us who cannot quite grasp the enormity of what the Ashley takeover means, for both 'now' and for 'the future'.

My opinion though is that appointing Allardyce alone has taken us to the top 10 again, that's before his transfer dealings. I have confidence that he'll get the right men in and we'll finish close to Spurs & Everton at the very least.