Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

This just appeared on our official site.

City swoop for Swiss midfielder Fernandes

Sven-Goran Eriksson has made his second signing with the capture of promising Swiss midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

The 20-year-old moves from FC Sion for an undisclosed fee, and he will fly out to Sweden for City's pre-season tour along with Eriksson's first signing, Rolando Bianchi, and the rest of the squad on Sunday.

Fernandes made 32 starts for the Swiss Super League club last season and he is captain of Switzerland's Under 21 side. He has recently attracted the interest of a number of Premier League sides, including Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United.

Another signing I've never heard of.  :laugh:

Some seem to think Fulham fans are pissed off with their signings, very wrong:

On Healy:

"Just remeber the guy has a better goalscoring record than the like of Rooney, Van Nistlerooy, Michael Owen and Alan Shearer at international level and is also the top scorer in the Euro qualifiers, so he will score a bag full next season..... I know where my money for the premierships top scorer next season is going!! "

On top 6 finish:

sanchez has done wonders and we have to give a big shout out to MAF for the money his been great.

What an amazing time we are having as fans. MAF is a legend and anyone that doubted him should bow their silly heads in shame. I know we have to do it on the pitch but believe me we have made some decent signings. If we get Cook we won't fear any team!

:lol:

Sven-Goran Eriksson has made his second signing with the capture of promising Swiss midfielder Gelson Fernandes.

The 20-year-old moves from FC Sion for an undisclosed fee, and he will fly out to Sweden for City's pre-season tour along with Eriksson's first signing, Rolando Bianchi, and the rest of the squad on Sunday.

Fernandes made 32 starts for the Swiss Super League club last season and he is captain of Switzerland's Under 21 side. He has recently attracted the interest of a number of Premier League sides, including Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United.

FM legend isn't he?

FM legend isn't he?

Yeah. I think Sven has been playing FM2007 in his time off. Bianchi is god on it! :lol:

On Healy:

"Just remeber the guy has a better goalscoring record than the like of Rooney, Van Nistlerooy, Michael Owen and Alan Shearer at international level and is also the top scorer in the Euro qualifiers, so he will score a bag full next season..... I know where my money for the premierships top scorer next season is going!! "

On top 6 finish:

sanchez has done wonders and we have to give a big shout out to MAF for the money his been great.

What an amazing time we are having as fans. MAF is a legend and anyone that doubted him should bow their silly heads in shame. I know we have to do it on the pitch but believe me we have made some decent signings. If we get Cook we won't fear any team!

Now this is actually quite funny, because your amusement is probably similar to the amusement fans of other clubs get coming on here nowadays..

On Healy:

On top 6 finish:

Now this is actually quite funny, because your amusement is probably similar to the amusement fans of other clubs get coming on here nowadays..

They probably do find it amusing that a forum is full of moaning cunts when we are at a very exciting phase in the clubs history.

On Healy:

On top 6 finish:

They probably do find it amusing that a forum is full of moaning c***s when we are at a very exciting phase in the clubs history.

Or they actually engage their brain and see that we're not the only club that has been taken over by a billionaire recently, far from it even and at these other clubs money is actually being made available to strengthen the squad. They could see we've just finished 13th, could lose our two best players for a pittance at any moment, yet we talk as if we will challenge for European football next season like it's our godgiven right to do so. They probably know by looking at our state of affairs that it could be done, but a lot of hard work and good decision making will need to take place. They might ask themselves if chasing the likes of Quedrue and Fanni constitute what we need right now and if there is not a bit of a discrepancy between our ambitions and our current actions.. You don't seriously think most football fans of other clubs see us finishing in the top 5 next season at this point in time, do you?

Possibly not. Personally I think it is possible if we get the right players in, and yes, they are going to cost money. With Roeder we finished 13th. With Allardyce and (hopefully) a fully fit Owen we should be looking at top 10. We're not that far off challenging for Europe, but attracting the players we are currently being linked with will not help to reach that objective. That's why me and a few others are getting a bit restless about what the new owner's plans are with this club. Other clubs are strengthening as well, and are using the extra TV money to fund this. So far, we have hardly opened our wallet, and the way I see it is if we don't invest we probably willl not be in Europe. If that's not where we aim to be, I don't understand why everybody is so over the moon after recent developments, because that's where we were only a few months ago.. Maybe people have been overreacting when things weren't going well this season past (and the one or two before), and as a result are now overly happy at the fact that there is CHANGE, without even questionning if the change is actually for the better or the best we could do..

Guest sittingontheball

The BBC rumours page says Parker to be made West Ham captain.

Good luck to him with the Welsh captain.

Reaction from Man U fans to Richardson transfer...

f*** off you s***, big headed cocksucker and good riddance to you Snooty!

great news. great price. well f****** done.

get in

f****** get in.

Finally we have got rid of the big headed t***!!

THANK f***

Keano's gonna slap the c***

£5 mil for that c*** , good bit of buisness on our behalf.

Hes an absolute knob. Complete disrespect of other legendary players in his early days with the club, keane included. Prancing around town like he owns the fuckin place in his baby bentley, a phrase which I believe was invented for this cock.

After seeing some of his MySpace photos, I think I'm inclined to agree

http://myspace-196.vo.llnwd.net/01528/69/13/1528803196_l.jpg

http://myspace-369.vo.llnwd.net/01242/96/34/1242714369_l.jpg

http://myspace-154.vo.llnwd.net/01246/45/12/1246442154_l.jpg

http://myspace-873.vo.llnwd.net/01246/37/83/1246443873_l.jpg

http://a282.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_069ef21af359635654e7ae20a410e1f1.jpg

http://myspace-644.vo.llnwd.net/01559/44/67/1559877644_l.jpg

What a c***  :lol:

Guest ryunufc

FM legend isn't he?

Yeah. I think Sven has been playing FM2007 in his time off. Bianchi is god on it! :lol:

he was linked with us within the first few days of SA appointment. gelson is described as 'the swiss kaka', isnt that right?

FM legend isn't he?

he was linked with us within the first few days of SA appointment. gelson is described as 'the swiss kaka', isnt that right?

Sven: "Fernandes is the best young talent in Switzerland and I am very happy he is here. I plan to play him in a holding role."

Doesn't sound much like Kaka...We best go out and get the real one just to be safe  :thup:

Altho we'll probably be signing Cherno Samba instead if this is true about FM  :laugh:

I love that Sunderland have payed the same for Richardson as we have for Barton.

Barton is a bit of a gamble, admittedly. But at least there's a chance of him working out well for us. :lol: