Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Mido has agreed personal terms with Middlesbrough, will join subject to a medical.

Replacment for Yakubu probably...

I think Yakubu will stay.

Hope so

Looks like we could be signing Manuel Fernandes after all though :)

If Yakubu doesn't join Everton, who will spearhead your attack? Andy Johnson is subject to injuries, Victor Anibeche is still very young, and James Vaughan, the biggest talents of all, is always crocked.

Even James Beattie has departed, albeit for outrageously good money.

fulham getting in bouazza - they've been pretty busy this summer!

Better signing that Richardson imho.

Defo, Bouazza was as good if not better than Ashley Young when they were both at Watford, just the fact Young was English got him noticed. Would have liked Bouazza here if we needed a left winger fo'sure.

No way. Young is miles better than Bouazza, and justified at double the price. Young is technically a lot better than Bouazza, with Bouazza's main asset being his pace, whilst Young has a lot more trickery up his sleeve.

I liked Bouazza, and he was our best player last year but even he couldn't match up to Ash.

Fair enough, can't complain with that really.  Although I definately think Young was sold at a hugely bloated price, never worth what he was sold for I think. Bouazza I think was sold for what he's worth.

Derby is about to sign Mika Väyrynen from PSV on season-long loan. I think he is way too good for that team, very technical player who enjoys playing short passing game, unfortunately at Derby it's going to be hard.

If Yakubu doesn't join Everton, who will spearhead your attack? Andy Johnson is subject to injuries, Victor Anibeche is still very young, and James Vaughan, the biggest talents of all, is always crocked.

Even James Beattie has departed, albeit for outrageously good money.

We could always buy someone else rather than Yakubu?

I'm gutted Vaughan is injured again though. He's probably better than Johnson.

Anyway, whoever signs Mido is making a mistake. Not the sort of character you'd want in the trenches with you and what Boro & Sunderland need is some honest lads because I think both teams have a long hard season ahead of them.

They're not going to attract good players so they should be after grafters that will fight for the team and then build on it next  year. Especially Sunderland.

I think Mido is being underated on here. If he goes to a team where he is one of the first names on the team sheet he tends to do a better job of staying in shape and playing much better football.

Isn't Cassano going for less? If you are going after a player with attitude problems....

Like Cassano would go to Boro or Sunderland...

Aye good point, didn't really think about that one :lol:

Has been linked to some average clubs though.

Isn't Cassano going for less? If you are going after a player with attitude problems....

Like Cassano would go to Boro or Sunderland...

No way in the world you take Cassano over Mido!

At least Mido has shown he can do the business in the premiership. 13 goals in his first season when he actually played. Not bad at all.

Guest Triglett

My Boro mate is happy that they lost out on Smith because they're getting Mido instead.

I'm hardly over the moon about Smith but I reckon he's off his f****** head.

I'd take Mido over Smith, too. I'd guess that he's got a far better goalscoring record, and he's more talented as a footballer. In his two and half seasons at Spurs, I've never had a problem with him on the pitch. Questions about his commitment only arise because he seems to allow his weight to get out of control... it's a bit of a bollox excuse, but he and Jol have both said that he needs regular football to keep himself in shape. He likes to be the main man, and he seems to perform best under pressure - if he wants to stay in this division, I'm sure he'd perform for whichever club he joins. Championship football next season won't do much for his ego.

Guest kingdawson

My Boro mate is happy that they lost out on Smith because they're getting Mido instead.

I'm hardly over the moon about Smith but I reckon he's off his f****** head.

Nothing wrong with your mate tbh.