Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

What do people think about Roque Santa Cruz? I haven't seen much of him. but he has already scored a couple.

It is ridiculous how Mark Hughes is always able to get decent strikers. Roberts, McCarthy, Rigters (apparently Hughes has been tracking him for a long time before the European U21 tournament, hence him getting Rigters, who is then much sought after, cheaply), Roque Santa Cruz. And their youth product Matt Derbyshire. He also managed to make Bellamy score a handful for him.

great player everytime i've seen him, good awareness, good headerer of the ball and well-rounded imo. he's a big name signing (cant believe not many of you have heard of him) definitely paraguays best player and one that i wouldnt expect at a mediocre team like blackburn (no disrespect to rover supporters). that said though he might not be able to deal with the physicalities of the premiership.

He's a big guy, remember him playing rough and tough for Bayern.

West Brom - The Chelsea of Championship

Well aware the turnover of players and the quality they are bringing in, but didn't realise they spend that much!!

Tininho          £ 230000

Shelton Martis  £ 50000

Craig Beattie  £ 1250000

Felipe Teixeira £ 600000

Leon Barnett    £ 2500000

Pele            £ 1000000

Carl Hoefkens  £ 750000

James Morrison  £ 1500000

Chris Brunt    £ 3000000

Bostjan Cesar

Ishmael Miller

Except that West Brom play swashbuckling all out attacking football in contrary to Chelsea

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2152504,00.html

Afonso Alves confirms Boro are interested. Can see a bigger club doing a "Forlan" on them though.

City? Valeri Bojinov did his knee yesterday and is out for months. :hmm:

I wouldn't say no. Altho I do wonder why a player who so many clubs will be aware of is being targetted by Boro. Looking at his record you would think someone better would be in for him. Wonder why thats not the case at the moment.

Guest Roland

Lokomotiv Moscow had already made a 16 mln EUR bid a few weeks ago, but he refused to go to Russia. So, the offer needs to be improved I think.

Porto is also interested.

Think there is some doubt because he is already 25 and maybe a 1-season wonder. Not every topscorer in NL is a guarantee for goals in the PL, just look at Kezman.

West Brom - The Chelsea of Championship

Well aware the turnover of players and the quality they are bringing in, but didn't realise they spend that much!!

Tininho           £ 230000

Shelton Martis  £ 50000

Craig Beattie   £ 1250000

Felipe Teixeira £ 600000

Leon Barnett    £ 2500000

Pele            £ 1000000

Carl Hoefkens   £ 750000

James Morrison  £ 1500000

Chris Brunt     £ 3000000

Bostjan Cesar

Ishmael Miller

Except that West Brom play swashbuckling all out attacking football in contrary to Chelsea

Bearing in mind they received about £11m for Koumas and Kamara it's hardly extravagent.

SSN say we've pulled out of the Yakubu deal because the demands were too high and we're now after Vagner Love

I'd be happier signing him for half the price although it is a bit more of a risk I suppose.

SSN say we've pulled out of the Yakubu deal because the demands were too high and we're now after Vagner Love

I'd be happier signing him for half the price although it is a bit more of a risk I suppose.

Love is always a risk

Love is always a risk

:lol:

................................................................................

sorry couldn't resist, but yeah he's decent player, good on he ball and as good a player as yakubu, could well flourish aswell. Your team could use a bit of love (sorry again..)

Guest johnson293

:laugh: :razz:

Were everton ever in for Yakubu anyway?

Yakubu to Everton agreed...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2678418,00.html

Circa £11m  mackems.gif

:laugh: :razz:

Were everton ever in for Yakubu anyway?

Yakubu to Everton agreed...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2678418,00.html

Circa £11m  mackems.gif

Confirmed by Boro now.

http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1~1097592,00.html