Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

To be honest, Anelka's always seemed happiest when he's not been at the "big clubs". Did well at City and looks like he enjoys his football at Bolton. Perhaps it suits his ego better when he's the main man, and at these clubs this was the case. Not like Arsenal or Real Madrid where he was just another player.

Contract will mean nothing to Anelka when he eventually spits his dummy out.

I am very surprised that he's committed himself to them now though with better things reportedly on the horizon..........unless that was just his Agents/Brothers trying to pressurise Bolton into a better contract.

I'll show my arse in Fenwicks window if he's still there in four years though.

Guest toonlass

Russell Anderson (£1million)

Michael Chopra (£5million)

Andy Cole (free)

Dickson Etuhu (£1.5million)

Craig Gordon (£7million)

Greg Halford (£3million)

Ian Harte (free)

Danny Higginbotham (£3million)

Kenwyne Jones (£6million)

Paul McShane (£1.5million)

Roy O'Donovan (£0.5million)

Kieran Richardson (£5million)

Danny Higginbothan (£3million)

£42million on shite.

CORRECTION - HIGGINBOTHAN AND JONES IN TWICE..should be £33m

Gordon should be £9M, Richardon £5.5M, and Halford was £3.5M wasn't he?

£6 million and Stern John for Kenwyn Jones. I nearly snorted Carling out my nose in the Strawberry when that flashed up on SSN. I actually considered going down to the SOL and standing there with my hand out to see if a million would drop into it. They are throwing silly money around now  for unproven players and its brilliant to watch, lol.

Villa apparently agreed fee with Baggies for Curtis Davies, 8.5m, deal to go through today.

This suggests that Mellberg is on his way. He'll make a good signing for someone, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he moved before the deadline ends.

Villa apparently agreed fee with Baggies for Curtis Davies, 8.5m, deal to go through today.

This suggests that Mellberg is on his way. He'll make a good signing for someone, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he moved before the deadline ends.

would take Mellberg in a flash if he were available.

What's happening with Knight, he in jail yet?

I fucking hope so. Preferably on the end of some lezza squaddie's leash in Abu Ghraib.

would take Mellberg in a flash if he were available.

Only complicating factor is that we still don't have a RB, and Mellberg plays there for Sweden - if we don't get one in, then we'll hang on to him as he's another option, but if we do get one in, then I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves (in the last year of his contract too, i think)

£8.5M? :lol: Silly money.

Almost all prices paid this summer have been mental. He'll be thinking that that money for an excellent, young, U21 defender is value, given that Kenwynne Jones can go for 6m, and Spurs paid 5 rising to 10 for a 17 year old.

We seem to be amassing a mix the current and the just-graduated England U21 side - NRC, Agbonlahor, Moore, Davies, Young, Carson, Cahill

£8.5M? :lol: Silly money.

Almost all prices paid this summer have been mental. He'll be thinking that that money for an excellent, young, U21 defender is value, given that Kenwynne Jones can go for 6m, and Spurs paid 5 rising to 10 for a 17 year old.

We seem to be amassing a mix the current and the just-graduated England U21 side - NRC, Agbonlahor, Moore, Davies, Young, Carson, Cahill

Agree with that. The fees this summer have gone through the roof and £8.5m for Davies is about par when compared to some of the deals that have gone through in the last month or two.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30082007/1/knight-arrested-during-drug-raid.html

Didn't take long to settle in the midlands.  O0

Guest Reading Fan

Russell Anderson (£1million)

Michael Chopra (£5million)

Andy Cole (free)

Dickson Etuhu (£1.5million)

Craig Gordon (£7million)

Greg Halford (£3million)

Ian Harte (free)

Danny Higginbotham (£3million)

Paul McShane (£1.5million)

Roy O'Donovan (£0.5million)

Kieran Richardson (£5million)

Danny Higginbothan (£3million)

£42million on s****.

CORRECTION - HIGGINBOTHAN AND JONES IN TWICE..should be £33m

Gordon should be £9M, Richardon £5.5M, and Halford was £3.5M wasn't he?

£6 million and Stern John for Kenwyn Jones. I nearly snorted Carling out my nose in the Strawberry when that flashed up on SSN. I actually considered going down to the SOL and standing there with my hand out to see if a million would drop into it. They are throwing silly money around now  for unproven players and its brilliant to watch, lol.

Watching Sunderlands antics in the transfer market is hilarious.

They are building a fairly decent Coca Cola Championship team at Champions League prices!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30082007/1/knight-arrested-during-drug-raid.html

Didn't take long to settle in the midlands.  O0

No settling required, he's from Aston, drugs and guns are in his blood.