Left-Back

Guest jamesmartinsmith
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New name, new alternative, new thread.

Let it roll... :coolsmiley:

That was a dirty trick Midds! You'll pay for it too.

You must reopen my thread if he signs agreed? Meanwhile I'll get in touch with my Serbian contacts to make sure it happens.

:smiley6600:

Just for the record, I didn't merge anything.  :lol:

I thought it deserved it's own thread but I was overruled ... :undecided:

New name, new alternative, new thread.

Let it roll... :coolsmiley:

That was a dirty trick Midds! You'll pay for it too.

You must reopen my thread if he signs agreed? Meanwhile I'll get in touch with my Serbian contacts to make sure it happens.

:smiley6600:

Just for the record, I didn't merge anything.  :lol:

I thought it deserved it's own thread but I was overruled ... :undecided:

Ah ha! it was Dave wasn't it. That guy's been meddling with my threads for as long as I can remember. Back off pal, before it gets ugly.  >:(

Midds your faith in me will be rewarded ... just got through to Serbia. I'll get him here you can count on that. Someone's got to give Sammy some help.  :thup:

Favouritism tbh.. dont see the many "why hasnt Ashley shown the money" threads being merged. :huff:

That's there so all of the knee-jerking whinging gets post in one place and not clutter up the rest of the board. ;)

SSN are reporting that man city have made an offer of about 6.7mill for Giorgio Chiellini, which could apparently 'tempt Ranieri to sell.' They also say that Chiellini has recently said he is considering his future at Juve. If so, I reckon Big Sam should slap an offer in himself - 22 years old, big powerful defender (6ft 1 I think) and he's got 6 caps for the Italy team already.

I know its sometimes a bit dubious getting defenders from Italy to adapt to the Prem but he certainly looks like the sort of player that could adapt, saw a video of him on youtube (crap evidence I know) but he seems very aggressive and not afraid to put his foot (or head) in. At 22 as well its not like he hasnt got time to get used to the pace and style of the Prem?

SSN are reporting that man city have made an offer of about 6.7mill for Giorgio Chiellini, which could apparently 'tempt Ranieri to sell.' They also say that Chiellini has recently said he is considering his future at Juve. If so, I reckon Big Sam should slap an offer in himself - 22 years old, big powerful defender (6ft 1 I think) and he's got 6 caps for the Italy team already.

I know its sometimes a bit dubious getting defenders from Italy to adapt to the Prem but he certainly looks like the sort of player that could adapt, saw a video of him on youtube (crap evidence I know) but he seems very aggressive and not afraid to put his foot (or head) in. At 22 as well its not like he hasnt got time to get used to the pace and style of the Prem?

Mentioned him a couple of weeks back in relation to the Sky Sports story, he could be someone Allardyce is looking at as I don't see which Premier League left backs he could be chasing now.

Him (Dragutinović) and Motta to City.

Where did you get that from...? ???

re; Chiellini, Gazetta de la Sport have reported this story, and it looks like it could happen (Along with another Juve player called Blasi) - altho most transfer rumours about City this summer have not happened and what has happened has not been rumoured. About the player, I can only remember seeing him once (vs England u21 not so long ago) and I wasn't impressed, but I've heard some nice things...wouldn't think he's worth that much tho, especially considering we've already got a perfectly competent left back.

Guest Guinness

If we every bid for Giorgio Chiellini, then im happy! any decent left back will do!  :clap2:

Agreed, not arsed who it is out of the decent left backs that are available as long as he arrives before the new season.

Guest Guinness

Express say SA will make a decision on whether to bid for Shorey this week

Hasn't he signed a new contract?

He says he hasn't been offered one.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=478517&CPID=8&clid=43&lid=2&title=City+wait+on+Juve+duo&channel=football_home&

"I am planning to meet Juventus on Tuesday to discuss the futures of Giorgio (Chiellini) and Manuele (Blasi)," Lippi (The Agent) told skysports.com.

"Manchester City are interested in both players and I am going to meet Juventus to see if these moves are possible.

"Both players would be happy to play in the Premier League and Manchester City, but it all depends on Juventus.

"They both like English football and the fact Eriksson is there would be a big factor for them to go there.

"However it depends on the price and whether Juventus want to sell them or not."

They probably do want to sell - http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul17g.html

At the moment it seems quite likely he's on his way here.

Express say SA will make a decision on whether to bid for Shorey this week

Hasn't he signed a new contract?

does that make any difference? Just that if it does, it'll be the first time i can recall.

It'd make a difference to the price tag I'd imagine.

Was listening to Century tonight and Slaven was reluctantly talking about the qualities of Frank Quedrue again. For me this is sounding like a decent fall back option if we don't sign top tier players like Heinze, which we won't.

Guest exilim

Franck Quedrue is playing like crap shiet now. Terrible passing but good aggression, he looks like if he wants to beat the shiet out of all the opponents.