Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Guest Minusmensch

This is hilarious! :lol:

I worked with teenagers last year. Before the season the Manchester United fans told me we'd go straight down again because we sucked, I said that if Krul gets the chance we'll stay just because of him alone, and if I was wrong they were gonna get a Manchester United kit with number and name by me. They were three, btw. But we didn't go down, Krul got the chance and is now a world class goalie. Superb! Worked there for half a year after that and was like this eveyr single day I worked: :pards:

But I lost in tabble tennis so they all got an ice cream at the end of the year. Fucked me up. Was mad for 3 months after that. :lol:

Coool story bro and son on. Aye, son.

• 1 month later...
Guest michaelfoster

Try to keep him as backup and give him League/FA Cup games plus occasional premier league games

1st Choice - Krul

2nd Choice - Forster

3rd Choice - Elliott

Sell/Release Harper & Soderberg

Guest michaelfoster

He's been here 4 years now, he's 22 in the summer and he's still nowhere near the first team, think he will probably be stuck in the reserves and then sold/released at some point tbh

This is hilarious! :lol:

I worked with teenagers last year. Before the season the Manchester United fans told me we'd go straight down again because we sucked, I said that if Krul gets the chance we'll stay just because of him alone, and if I was wrong they were gonna get a Manchester United kit with number and name by me. They were three, btw. But we didn't go down, Krul got the chance and is now a world class goalie. Superb! Worked there for half a year after that and was like this eveyr single day I worked: :pards:

But I lost in tabble tennis so they all got an ice cream at the end of the year. Fucked me up. Was mad for 3 months after that. :lol:

Coool story bro and son on. Aye, son.

I don't know why this all amused me so much. :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/25/goalkeeper-fraser-forster-set-to-join-celtic-72703-30193599/

NEWCASTLE United are ready to let Fraser Forster join Celtic on a permanent basis.

Sources in Glasgow have indicated to the Chronicle a fee in the region of £2m has been agreed by both United and the Hoops and the move will now boil down to the 23-year-old goalkeeper agreeing terms with Neil Lennon’s side.

United boss Alan Pardew and his players will return from a warm-weather training camp in Adeje in Tenerife tonight, but Celtic are keen to push the deal through. Lennon said: “We hope to get a deal sorted soon.”

Forster has made it clear to Newcastle he is not interested in staying on Tyneside unless there is first-team football on offer.

However, his exit will disappoint some fans, who believe Forster has something to offer on the big stage.

Forster has two and a half years of his Magpies' contract left to run and Lennon and former United coach Alan Thompson has made it clear they want him to stay in the SPL.

Forster is now in his second season at Celtic on loan after loan spells at Norwich City and Bristol Rovers in the last few years.

While Alan Pardew indicated the SPL was not a big enough challenge for the Hexham-born shotstopper, Forster – yet to play in a competitive game for the Magpies – is not willing to go toe-to-toe with Tim Krul and battle for the No 1 shirt.

Should Forster agree terms before the window closes it would leave the Magpies with the capable and experienced Steve Harper and the untested former Chartlton Atheltic stopper Rob Elliot.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/25/goalkeeper-fraser-forster-set-to-join-celtic-72703-30193599/

NEWCASTLE United are ready to let Fraser Forster join Celtic on a permanent basis.

Sources in Glasgow have indicated to the Chronicle a fee in the region of £2m has been agreed by both United and the Hoops and the move will now boil down to the 23-year-old goalkeeper agreeing terms with Neil Lennon’s side.

United boss Alan Pardew and his players will return from a warm-weather training camp in Adeje in Tenerife tonight, but Celtic are keen to push the deal through. Lennon said: “We hope to get a deal sorted soon.”

Forster has made it clear to Newcastle he is not interested in staying on Tyneside unless there is first-team football on offer.

However, his exit will disappoint some fans, who believe Forster has something to offer on the big stage.

Forster has two and a half years of his Magpies' contract left to run and Lennon and former United coach Alan Thompson has made it clear they want him to stay in the SPL.

Forster is now in his second season at Celtic on loan after loan spells at Norwich City and Bristol Rovers in the last few years.

While Alan Pardew indicated the SPL was not a big enough challenge for the Hexham-born shotstopper, Forster – yet to play in a competitive game for the Magpies – is not willing to go toe-to-toe with Tim Krul and battle for the No 1 shirt.

Should Forster agree terms before the window closes it would leave the Magpies with the capable and experienced Steve Harper and the untested former Chartlton Atheltic stopper Rob Elliot.

So that gives us 2 extra million to offer Ajax for Verthongen right?  Or isn't that the how Mike and Derek work..?

Hope we've got a sell on fee as keepers up there tend to generate decent fees if they have a couple of good seasons.

This. I reckon he's far better than the SPL. He'll move on I reckon.

Yup - tis my feeling too.