Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

Is Redknapp friends with 'the Jose Mourinho camp' then?

I was actually hoping what Anal was true because that'd mean someone special, someone with real quality. Redknapp's not that and neither is Hughes.

Redknapp and Mourinho are linked by superagent Pini Zahavi.

Any news as to whether either are looking at houses in the area?

Guest mobiius

There was no mention of SAM'S departure in last nights chronic so in my humble opinion Anal oliversion as usual is talking complete and utter bollocks.He is now trying to save a bit face and show that he is in the know, when in actual fact he knows nowt. I think it my be jose but knowing our luck it will be his twin brother hose b. I do however stand by what i have always said anal oliversion is the north easts minister of mis-information and he is a cunt.

I really cant see the point in sacking Sam and then going hiring another manager from the same tier of management in English football.  If Ashley and Mort want the club in the top 5 asap then they need to think big.

There is no room in the top 4/5 for Hughes, Redknapp or Moyes.

I'd be very surprised if it's Redknapp. The speed of Sam's dismissal, and comments from Mort suggest that the board are already in contact with Sam's replacement, and Redknapp is adamant that there's been no contact between him and Newcastle.

Then again you never know what to believe really....

I'd be very surprised if it's Redknapp. The speed of Sam's dismissal, and comments from Mort suggest that the board are already in contact with Sam's replacement, and Redknapp is adamant that there's been no contact between him and Newcastle.

Plausible deniability.

Newcastle and Redknapp would be in big trouble if this doesn't appear to unfold in a manner that follows standard protocol.

i'd be interested to hear any wild philisophical musings to explain why, when put in front of the SSN news cameras, Oliver isnt repeating his 'top manager contact' story

any takers?

His contact probably asked him to keep schtum. Either that or he just made it up.

Plausible deniability.

Newcastle and Redknapp would be in big trouble if this doesn't appear to unfold in a manner that follows standard protocol.

That would be cracking.  We have to pay through the nose to compensate Souness' employers, we have to battle with authorities to get them to allow Roeder to manage us without the right badges, we had argue with Bolton about if Sam said he wasn't leaving to manage another club and then have to defend ourselves against allegations of dodgy dealings to secure Redknapp.  We pull out all the stops to get the wrong man at this club.

i'd be interested to hear any wild philisophical musings to explain why, when put in front of the SSN news cameras, Oliver isnt repeating his 'top manager contact' story

any takers?

His contact probably asked him to keep schtum. Either that or he just made it up.

keep schtum on the telly when we DONT have a manager, but its alright to print in the paper when we DO?

There's so much against Redknapp, that I just can't see it being him. He's denied he's been asked, he's turned down jobs 'up norf' before, he's another scandalacious manager that I'm sure Ashley could do without, Pompey are doing alright, he's too fucking old. I'd be shocked if he came, tbh.

There's so much against Redknapp, that I just can't see it being him. He's denied he's been asked, he's turned down jobs 'up norf' before, he's another scandalacious manager that I'm sure Ashley could do without, Pompey are doing alright, he's too f****** old. I'd be shocked if he came, tbh.

totally agree

any takers?

keep schtum on the telly when we DONT have a manager, but its alright to print in the paper when we DO?

Precisely. Now you're getting it: he made it up.

So the theory so far is Redknapp wakes up one morning and says "Fuck me! I want to manage Newcastle!"  Rings Pini who then proceeds to ring Alan Oliver for Morts number.  The Zahavster casually name drops Mourinho to grease the wheels.  It works and he's put through to Chris, who has unfortunately been suffering from a bout of tinnitus and hears "Marcello Lippi" instead of "Harry Redknapp" and proceeds to blow his socks so far off they concuss Carr at the training ground.  Sam is sacked and Mort is sitting in his office darning his socks while waiting for Pini and his client.

I have to say I am very irritated with a few people on here who have been crying for Allardyce to be sacked and who are now complaining about Redknapp!

Complainers will always complain, moaners will always moan, half empty cups will always half empty cup.

Assuming it is Redknapp, lets wait to see what he produces before we write him off please. Saying you don't want him because he is a cockney is rather ignorant.

Lord have mercy on us.

I have to say I am very irritated with a few people on here who have been crying for Allardyce to be sacked and who are now complaining about Redknapp!

Complainers will always complain, moaners will always moan, half empty cups will always half empty cup.

Assuming it is Redknapp, lets wait to see what he produces before we write him off please. Saying you don't want him because he is a cockney is rather ignorant.

Lord have mercy on us.

so it irritates you that people want us to bette ourselves by getting a btter manager, and then moan when we are apparently lookg at one who is no better?

bit odd that? surely they go hand in hand?

at least we have something in common with harry, neither of us have won fuck all

So the theory so far is Redknapp wakes up one morning and says "Fuck me! I want to manage Newcastle!"  Rings Pini who then proceeds to ring Alan Oliver for Morts number.  The Zahavster casually name drops Mourinho to grease the wheels.  It works and he's put through to Chris, who has unfortunately been suffering from a bout of tinnitus and hears "Marcello Lippi" instead of "Harry Redknapp" and proceeds to blow his socks so far off they concuss Carr at the training ground.  Sam is sacked and Mort is sitting in his office darning his socks while waiting for Pini and his client.

Well now you say it like that, it sounds silly.