Newcastle 3 - 2 Everton - 07/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 16

Guest Invicta_Toon

Correction - 90:00 GOAL - Shay Given

Newcastle 3 - Everton 2

Cross by Mikel Arteta (Everton), own goal by Shay Given (Newcastle) (top-right of goal) from own half (6 yards).Newcastle 3-2 Everton. Assist (cross) by Mikel Arteta (Everton) from left by-line.

???

Oh well, sounds like i get an assist for Arteta.

Emre is class, he can be the creative midfielder we've been talking about. Not a lot of running today, but his playmaking was good. Gets into every play, good distribution, good technique, delicious touch. Emre won us this game in the second half.

Bizarre match. Good win, even though I'm still not sure how we got it. Sounds like Emre and Owen really made a difference in terms of keeping possession, and quality passing and movement.

I'm not an Emre fan but he brings something different (especially at home) to our central midfield and that can only be a good thing.

Owen's movement is absolutely superb, Martins should really just sit and watch him on video every night.

anybody watch the match? sounded like emre ran riot

Not literally as he didn't do a lot of aggressive running, but he was always calm and content on the ball, slowing the hectic pace down and controlling play.

Bizarre match. Good win, even though I'm still not sure how we got it. Sounds like Emre and Owen really made a difference in terms of keeping possession, and quality passing and movement.

I'm not an Emre fan but he brings something different (especially at home) to our central midfield and that can only be a good thing.

Owen's movement is absolutely superb, Martins should really just sit and watch him on video every night.

This is it. I know we all like Martins and he's a livewire and he can do amazing things, but in terms of quality movement and intelligent play and reading of the game, he's absolutely nowhere.

Saw the last half an hour on an utterly shit stream. Saw the goals, ish, but i'm not gonna make too much of a judgement of that. Will probably be able to make a better assessment after watching Football First; we might even get game of the day.

This is it. I know we all like Martins and he's a livewire and he can do amazing things, but in terms of quality movement and intelligent play and reading of the game, he's absolutely nowhere.

not what you'd call an intelligent footballer aye

but the man scores the impossible to score; and misses the impossible to miss

Guest Guinness

We needed the three points today and we got them. Glad to see Emre on the score sheet, hopefully we'll see him back in the starting line up after the international break.

Guest Alex20

Difference between Owen and Martins is one plays the game with his mind & body,

the other just likes to run around like a chicken whose head got cut off, running around clueless.