José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We without injury on HBA and Lpool with a long time injury on Mereles and our positions could have been switched.

:lol: f*** me.

Simple math.. Scored in three matches  = 9 points on the table..Some players you cannot replace, if they're injured it will affect your season. Period.

How many points did Carroll put on the board for us.. so are we still nearly as good?

A very good question. Can't wait for the utterly insane response. 

These lot seem to reckon 8.5m

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/13/newcastle-manager-denies-any-deal-with-liverpool-for-8-5m-left-back/

Newcastle Manager Denies Any Deal With Liverpool For £8.5m Left-Back

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has dismissed speculation of a deal being struck to sell £8.5million defender Jose Enrique to Liverpool.

Anfield legend Phil Thompson revealed on TV that an agreement had been made between the two clubs over the player.

The Spanish left-back has been courted by AC Milan and Bayern Munich but the Reds have apparently captured his signature.

The 25-year-old has postponed contract talks with the Magpies until the summer when Premier League status is known.

Pardew is adamant that a player who has been a star performer this season does have a future on Tyneside, and hopes Enrique will sign a new deal with the club.

“There’s definitely no deal between the clubs – 100%,” Pardew told the Evening Chronicle.

“He’s under contract here until next summer and we hope to open talks on a new deal as soon as possible. That’s where we are.

“We want to keep our best players, and Jose’s one of them. As far as anything being a done deal, that’s not true. We want Jose to stay. Nothing’s changed.”

Well, of course we want to keep our best players, you only took the job because you knew we wouldn't sell them, after all.

Don't believe anything from caughtoffside.

Doesn't matter where the news comes from, it's obvious Enrique is going there. Managers always go back to their former clubs for players and Jose is the type of player Dalglish would love. The game against Villa just confirmed what a master class defender he is, no winger got past him all day. If it doesn't happen feel free to quote this post and make me look a mug.

I know Begbie, but right now I'm naive enough to believe in Pardew and our squads capability in getting Ireland back on track. 

Unlike many of you negative bastards, I'm willing to wait until next season before I start with all the conspiracy theories  :pow:

Im sorry but i have no faith in Ireland and feel that he was just brought in because we couldnt get anyone else + villa needed to get down the wages after a massive lost over the last couple of seasons.

We have some good players but we need to invest to become a side that challenge for europe. 1st the squad is to thin to play in europe atm. 2nd we are lacking strikers and need backup players in almost every position. 3rd we need to keep the players we have, and i dont trust Pardew, Llambias and Ashley to do that. 4th we have to stop ppl like Routledge beein loaned out when we have a paper thin squad.

Fuck me, you have no confidence in your own team at all.. I honestly believe that Enrique (obviously), Colo, Tiote, HBA, Ireland and Barton could go straight into the Lpool team right now. That's SIX players.. 4/5 reinforcement and we're there..

You have officially flipped out. You've been walking a fine line for some time, but you've irrefutably revealed yourself to be off the chart.

Punk77, you've been accused of being an Ashley apologist more than once, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that you are Ashley, or more likely, one of his paid underlings...

f*** me, you have no confidence in your own team at all.. I honestly believe that Enrique (obviously), Colo, Tiote, HBA, Ireland and Barton could go straight into the Lpool team right now. That's SIX players.. 4/5 reinforcement and we're there..

You have officially flipped out. You've been walking a fine line for some time, but you've irrefutably revealed yourself to be off the chart.

Punk77, you've been accused of being an Ashley apologist more than once, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that you are Ashley, or more likely, one of his paid underlings...

have to say though, apart from ireland he has a bit of a point.

Doesn't matter where the news comes from, it's obvious Enrique is going there. Managers always go back to their former clubs for players and Jose is the type of player Dalglish would love. The game against Villa just confirmed what a master class defender he is, no winger got past him all day. If it doesn't happen feel free to quote this post and make me look a mug.

I meant the £8.5 million tag - I can see Jose going to Liverpool though and for more than the £8.5 that they've reported.

I meant the £8.5 million tag - I can see Jose going to Liverpool though and for more than the £8.5 that they've reported.

That was a general comment not aimed at you although with the quote it comes out that way. No way will we get more than £8.5m either with only a year left on his contract. It will probably be more like £5-6m IMO...and we'll take it.

I actually think Liverpool would be mad to spend £9m plus on Enrique right now unless their owner is going to go against everything he has said previously and saction a massive net spending spree.

Putting Enrique into Liverpool's team isn't going to make a massive difference then if they signed Taiwo on a free. I'd even suggest that the money would be better spent on going to wards replacing Gerrard or Carragher (which will need doing if not next season then the one after that at the latest).

f*** me, you have no confidence in your own team at all.. I honestly believe that Enrique (obviously), Colo, Tiote, HBA, Ireland and Barton could go straight into the Lpool team right now. That's SIX players.. 4/5 reinforcement and we're there..

So I've flipped out because I actually have faith in our team. I may be naive, but you refuse to see the positive that currently goes on. If we keep Enrique, we have a seriously good core of players. The best for years! And we even got money to supplement it. How the fuck is that bad?

It's a point that is easily refuted though.

Ireland has to be discounted as you say - that was just dumb. Tiote and Coloccini are indeed better than their Liverpool equivalents (but not by a large margin). Barton >  Meireles is debateable. As much as I think Gerrard is the most overrated English player I can remember it would still be a brave man to say that HBA > Gerrard. (Jose Enrique > Konchesky is a no brainer)

So three is more accurate, imho. And then consider by how much there strikeforce and keeper is compared to ours - we're kidding ourselves if we think we're on their coat tails. I despise Liverpool, and spent the first half of the season hoping Woy would take them down, but it has to be said their squad quality is superior to ours. They've slipped out of the "Big Four" (imho it's now a Big Three followed by The Next Three, which Liverpool are a part of)

Punk77 claims to be optimistic but is in fact deluded - to think we are even close to them is just a fantasy. We'll find out this summer if we want to aim for seventh, because even spending the Carroll (and most probably) Jose Enrique money that's the most we can hope for next season...

It's a point that is easily refuted though.

Ireland has to be discounted as you say - that was just dumb. Tiote and Coloccini are indeed better than their Liverpool equivalents (but not by a large margin). Barton >  Meireles is debateable. As much as I think Gerrard is the most overrated English player I can remember it would still be a brave man to say that HBA > Gerrard. (Jose Enrique > Konchesky is a no brainer)

So three is more accurate, imho. And then consider by how much there strikeforce and keeper is compared to ours - we're kidding ourselves if we think we're on their coat tails. I despise Liverpool, and spent the first half of the season hoping Woy would take them down, but it has to be said their squad quality is superior to ours. They've slipped out of the "Big Four" (imho it's now a Big Three followed by The Next Three, which Liverpool are a part of)

Punk77 claims to be optimistic but is in fact deluded - to think we are even close to them is just a fantasy. We'll find out this summer if we want to aim for seventh, because even spending the Carroll (and most probably) Jose Enrique money that's the most we can hope for next season...

Just to be pedantic, I'd compare Barton v Kuyt (RW) and Ben Arfa v J Cole/Maxi (LW) and both our players would win every time.

We're nowhere close to Liverpool.  They've got a stronger squad.  When our main players are out, we've got Ryan Taylor, Alan Smith and Danny Guthrie to rely on.  The young RB that they played his debut against Man City is a better player than Ryan Taylor.

So I've flipped out because I actually have faith in our team. I may be naive, but you refuse to see the positive that currently goes on. If we keep Enrique, we have a seriously good core of players. The best for years! And we even got money to supplement it. How the fuck is that bad?

Answered in reply to madras.

But your so-called faith is bad because it makes it impossible to debate the blind Ashley haters because your ridiculous claims take credibility away from your arguments.

You're right, it's not all doom and gloom as the likes of Colocho and Wullie would have us believe, but fuck me, it's not the beautiful flower garden you paint it to be either.

As much as Jose Enrique is a different case to Carroll, I am certain we've lost him. When he was signed, he was allegedly told he was signing for a club aiming for Europe. Since then, he's developed into one of Spain's best left backs but cannot crack it into the national team squad. If he signs a new three year contract would either Europe or Spainish national recognition come to pass? Very doubtful. But if he moved, it almost certainly would.

And this is where the "ambition" argument comes in - maybe we could aim to crack the top 6, but do you think we are going to try? I have sympathy for those labelled "Ashley sympathisers" but I honestly don't think we are going to try...

Just to be pedantic, I'd compare Barton v Kuyt (RW) and Ben Arfa v J Cole/Maxi (LW) and both our players would win every time.

Barton v Kuyt I'll grant you - I chose Meireles because he's a centre midfielder who played out wide a bit early on. We mock Kuyt, and he is a donkey, but he's an effective one. If Barton is better, it's not by a huge margin.

HBA will be playing in the hole. Us keeping him happy at our club depends on it, and Pardew has also said he will be playing HBA in the hole. Therefore while he can play on the left, he should be measured against his closest Liverpool equivalent; Steve Gerrard.

Where are you from Punk? Is English your first language?

£11m from Milan > £15m from Liverpool imo. Seeing both him and Carroll turning out for the Scouse twats would be too much to stomach.

Definitely.

Fuck that. I couldn't give a toss where he goes as long as we get the most money, I'm interested in seeing us do well...I can't believe people would rather lose out on 4m just because it's harder for them to sleep at night thinking about Enrique in a pretty red Liverpool shirt :lol:

... er? ??? More to do with the fact we'd have strengthened (what should be next season) an immediate rival with our two best footballers.