José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Both of the 'unhappy' players are coincidentally the ones who are coming to the end of their contracts as well. While you could argue that's because the new contract offers aren't fair, you could also say it was part of a player's normal noises when they want a move.

When it comes to renewing our senior players' contracts this summer, out of the 3 (Nolan, Barton and Enrique) - one has been sold, one is being forced out and the other is accusing the club of lying about 'everything'.  So i wouldn't be quick to slap the 'other than Enrique, it's a happy camp' tag  just yet.

When it comes to renewing our senior players' contracts this summer, out of the 3 (Nolan, Barton and Enrique) - one has been sold, one is being forced out and the other is accusing the club of lying about 'everything'.  So i wouldn't be quick to slap the 'other than Enrique, it's a happy camp' tag  just yet.

I know other players may become unhappy that their contracts won't be as good as before. But that doesn't necessarily mean they're right.

When it comes to renewing our senior players' contracts this summer, out of the 3 (Nolan, Barton and Enrique) - one has been sold, one is being forced out and the other is accusing the club of lying about 'everything'.  So i wouldn't be quick to slap the 'other than Enrique, it's a happy camp' tag  just yet.

The reason why we sold Nolan had little to do with him being happy or not. NUFC was sensible and didn't want to give him a 5 year contract, but West Ham did. His fitness is questionable and will be even more so as he gets older. The same goes for Barton too. Neither SAF or Wenger hand out lengthy contracts to players in that age group, and nobody is branding them as idiot for following that policy. With todays salaries, it's the sensible option imo. Having two aging, expensive permacrocks (worst case scenario) on the bench that no other clubs want, is not good for the club. It's this scenario we're now experiencing with Smith. He's cashing in, and we cannot reinforce the squad without him leaving. But nobody is interested in him.

The reason why we sold Nolan had little to do with him being happy or not. NUFC was sensible and didn't want to give him a 5 year contract, but West Ham did. His fitness is questionable and will be even more so as he gets older. The same goes for Barton too. Neither SAF or Wenger hand out lengthy contracts to players in that age group, and nobody is branding them as idiot for following that policy. With todays salaries, it's the sensible option imo. Having two aging, expensive permacrocks (worst case scenario) on the bench that no other clubs want, is not good for the club. It's this scenario we're now experiencing with Smith. He's cashing in, and we cannot reinforce the squad without him leaving. But nobody is interested in him.

Enrique talked about players wanting to go, but apart from himself, who is he talking about? Carroll wasn't agitating for a move, and would have stayed if we hadn't had that £35m bid. Nolan left because he was going to lose his place and was offered a better contract - if you're worried about your club's ambition, you don't drop down to the Championship. Barton seems happy to stay, and it was the club who pulled out of negotiations, not him. We've also managed to sign a few players who had other, decent options as well.

It must be a bit embarrassing for Jose, because he's given his team-mates the message that he may have bigger fish to fry, and now it looks like none of his chosen clubs are that keen on him.

I'm not very business minded, but I know in any business it's important to have a contingency plan. It's all very well doing the above - but what we need to be doing is spending the cash or at least signing the players to cover these positions.

In life the majority of things that have any quality also have a higher value. If we want to keep key players, we have to do so by showing some form of intent in the market. If key players are unhappy or unsettled we should be signing players to cover them then fuck them off or doing what's required to please them. This seems to have been the case with Nolan and possibly Barton, but certainly not with Carroll and seemingly not with Enrique as of yet.

As far as I'm aware Jonas and Fabricio are good mates with Jose, so surely this news/ongoing saga is unsettling them too? If Jose goes, this wont be the end of it all - surely?

Whilst I agree on following an Arsenal style model, you have to be incredibly skillful, experienced and even a slight but lucky to develop something the way they have. I wouldn't exactly say Newcastle has ever really been renowned for doing well as far as a scouting network goes.

What I'd like to know is what is going on behind the scenes. Our management has pretty much came out and said these key players have all been offered good deals and/or that the players are want-away rather than the club simply wanting to cut the wage bill. I'd take a guess that it's somewhere between what the board tell us and what the players tell us, but whilst we're in the dark, I think I'd be trying to find the pitch with the players rather than the boardroom with Mike and Dekka.

Let's not forget these are the cunts who've openly admitted to lying and misleading the support of this great club...

When it comes to renewing our senior players' contracts this summer, out of the 3 (Nolan, Barton and Enrique) - one has been sold, one is being forced out and the other is accusing the club of lying about 'everything'.  So i wouldn't be quick to slap the 'other than Enrique, it's a happy camp' tag  just yet.

Enrique talked about players wanting to go, but apart from himself, who is he talking about? Carroll wasn't agitating for a move, and would have stayed if we hadn't had that £35m bid. Nolan left because he was going to lose his place and was offered a better contract - if you're worried about your club's ambition, you don't drop down to the Championship. Barton seems happy to stay, and it was the club who pulled out of negotiations, not him. We've also managed to sign a few players who had other, decent options as well.

It must be a bit embarrassing for Jose, because he's given his team-mates the message that he may have bigger fish to fry, and now it looks like none of his chosen clubs are that keen on him.

Two spot on posts I reckon.

I'm not very business minded, but I know in any business it's important to have a contingency plan. It's all very well doing the above - but what we need to be doing is spending the cash or at least signing the players to cover these positions.

In life the majority of things that have any quality also have a higher value. If we want to keep key players, we have to do so by showing some form of intent in the market. If key players are unhappy or unsettled we should be signing players to cover them then fuck them off or doing what's required to please them. This seems to have been the case with Nolan and possibly Barton, but certainly not with Carroll and seemingly not with Enrique as of yet.

As far as I'm aware Jonas and Fabricio are good mates with Jose, so surely this news/ongoing saga is unsettling them too? If Jose goes, this wont be the end of it all - surely?

Whilst I agree on following an Arsenal style model, you have to be incredibly skillful, experienced and even a slight but lucky to develop something the way they have. I wouldn't exactly say Newcastle has ever really been renowned for doing well as far as a scouting network goes.

What I'd like to know is what is going on behind the scenes. Our management has pretty much came out and said these key players have all been offered good deals and/or that the players are want-away rather than the club simply wanting to cut the wage bill. I'd take a guess that it's somewhere between what the board tell us and what the players tell us, but whilst we're in the dark, I think I'd be trying to find the pitch with the players rather than the boardroom with Mike and Dekka.

Let's not forget these are the cunts who've openly admitted to lying and misleading the support of this great club...

The business plan is to replace older players with younger, hungrily and yes, cheaper versions whilst looking to promote from within. Same as most businesses really.

You've just got to hope that the powers that be recognise where and when its actually right to spend a bit more cash on a particular area when the time calls for it. Again like most other businesses

In life the majority of things that have any quality also have a higher value. If we want to keep key players, we have to do so by showing some form of intent in the market. If key players are unhappy or unsettled we should be signing players to cover them then f*** them off or doing what's required to please them. This seems to have been the case with Nolan and possibly Barton, but certainly not with Carroll and seemingly not with Enrique as of yet.

Let's not forget these are the c***s who've openly admitted to lying and misleading the support of this great club...

The business plan is to replace older players with younger, hungrily and yes, cheaper versions whilst looking to promote from within. Same as most businesses really.

You've just got to hope that the powers that be recognise where and when its actually right to spend a bit more cash on a particular area when the time calls for it. Again like most other businesses

I agree. To a certain extent that's why I could 'take' the Nolan departure despite how much I liked him. To promote within you have to coach from within and bring players on by having someone to look up to. Jose Enrique is this for any up and coming young player and is not yet 'old' enough to be shipped out. So, just as you're saying we should be spending money on cover for him, and developing a squad rather than a team. This 'squad' is paper thin as it is, if we lose more players through injury and more kep players through sales, we could have a long hard season ahead of us.

End of the day we're not bringing in ENOUGH quality players with the funds available, not that the players we've brought in are useless. I make Enrique totally right.

End of the day Jose isn't disgusted enough with our lack of spending to hand in a transfer request. People are calling Modric all sorts (including Wullie I believe) but when he wanted away at least he had the nuts to hand one in and give up his loyalty bonus. It's about money and fuck all else.

End of the day we're not bringing in ENOUGH quality players with the funds available, not that the players we've brought in are useless. I make Enrique totally right.

End of the day Jose isn't disgusted enough with our lack of spending to hand in a transfer request. People are calling Modric all sorts (including Wullie I believe) but when he wanted away at least he had the nuts to hand one in and give up his loyalty bonus. It's about money and fuck all else.

If Enrique puts in a transfer request people will just call him a greedy cunt and gloss over the fact that (another) one of our best players wants to leave.

Below article makes sense. Shame as he could have been a Newcastle legend.

Jose Enrique Wants What's Best For Him Not Newcastle United - Luke Edwards, The Telegraph

He has criticised the club’s transfer policy, accused members of the board of lying, implied the new signings are not good enough to replace those who have left and argued Newcastle United will never challenge for honours again under the present regime – just a wild stab this but I don’t think Jose Enrique wants to stay at St James’s Park do you?

To be fair to the Spaniard, his comments on Twitter over the weekend were born out of months of frustration; months of being kept away from the media because the club knew he would say something controversial; months of fearing all the good work that had been in the club’s recovery from relegation was being undone; months of pent up anger unleashed in a few 140 character posts on the world wide web!

But just as newspapers and other media organisations are having to adapt to the rise of social networking sites and their ability to make, as well as spread, the news, so too now are football clubs.

Enrique, probably bored on Newcastle’s pre-season tour of America and wondering why none of the Champions League clubs his agent had said wanted to sign him have made a bid, decided it was time to get his views across.

He might not have even thought about it for very long. It may have just been a spur of the moment decision in a hotel room on the other side of the Atlantic, he may have stupidly thought nobody would be able to read them if he wrote in Spanish, but for me Enrique’s comments on Twitter were calculated and deliberate.

He is in danger of being stuck at a club he no longer wants to play for and in attacking owner Mike Ashley and Managing Director Derek Llambias, he hopes he can speed up his exit.

He has attracted attention to himself and his, erm, “plight”. He has made it clear to his employers that he does not like them or their business plan and he has played the role of the jilted footballer perfectly.

Enrique wants what the fans wants, or so he wants everyone to believe. He wants a bold, ambitious Newcastle United, thrilling the world with its attacking football. He wants Ashley to spend millions on the best new player available, not merely land the best free agents. He wants the board to tell the truth.

His comments undoubtedly strike a chord with thousands on Tyneside. There is frustration at the lack of ambition from the owner, there is still resentment senior club officials once admitted they lied as a public relations exercise when Kevin Keegan was manager, there is still a strong anti-Ashley mentality at a club which has made under-achievement a trademark.

Yet, Enrique has also over egged the pudding some what. Newcastle fans are blindly loyal, but they are not blindly stupid.

They know Enrique has been offered a new contract and they know he turned it down. They know Enrique once said he wanted to spend the rest of his career at Newcastle, comments made when the club weren’t even in the Premier League, let alone challenging for a top six place, and they now know he never meant it.

They know he is an ambitious footballer who first started making noises about leaving this summer long before Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for £35m in January, but when the prospect of a new contract was first raised 12 months ago.

They know he is a very talented left-back who has improved dramatically from the slight, out-of-his-depth youngster who arrived from Spain and couldn’t get a game in his first season on Tyneside.

But, ultimately, they know most footballers want what is best for them, not the football club they once pledged loyalty to.

They have seen this happen before at St James’s Park and they have seen it happen to others like them, just look at Aston Villa and Stewart Downing.

They know Ashley isn’t perfect, they know he has made mistakes and they know they are hamstrung by his lack of spending , but they also know they will have a football club to support long after both he and Enrique have become nothing more than memories.

Enrique has been disrespectful to the club, he has been disrespectful to new signings Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Sylvain Marveaux and as popular as he is, that was a mistake.

Whether he had said it on Twitter or an interview with a newspaper, the impact was the same. He has attracted unwanted attention to a club which does soap operas better than most.

He has given the rest of the country a stick to beat Newcastle with, he has made others laugh at a mess he has created.

Newcastle fans will criticise their club until they are blue in the face, they will moan and they will vilify, but they will not let others do it for them. Not even one of their own players and not even when he might have a point if it is a self-serving one.

Top class full-back wants to leave non top-6 club. Shock horror.

Everyone respects the fact he wants to develop his career, but I think any level headed fan knows we're not going to be finishing top 6 regularly, £35m or no £35m.

It's the way he's went about it which fucks me off.

:lol: They get slagged off whether they hand in a transfer request or not man ffs, they can't win unless they're willing to tread water for a career that only lasts 10-15 years most of the time.