José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Chubby Jason

I don't blame him in the slightest for wanting to leave. If we fail to replace him it will be catastrophic however.

Just can't get on board with this Enrique hate. What's he done that's so bad? The fact is that Liverpool are a step up, always have been and because of their history always will be. There is literally nothing about his conduct which makes me want to dislike him.

Obviously hate that he's gone to Liverpool of all clubs but I just can't hold anything against him, he's been one the best signings this club has made since 2004.

A little bit of perspective, perhaps.

Speaking personally here for a moment...

Its not so much the hate for Enrique but the modern footballer which he happens to be one in that when all is said and done f*** the fans f*** the club show me the money show me the f***ing money. He's not at Liverpool for anything else other than the money. Playing for a slightly bigger club than Newcastle is a bonus (I say slightly because they are, although they are way f***ing more successful and always will be if we cannot keep hold of our better players/they can afford to buy them from us) as is international recognition and playing in yurupa. With players its always money first everything else second which is the polar opposite of fans. All I care about is NUFC... Enrique can break a leg now for all I care. To paraphrase OzzieMandias he's history now.

Next!

Be interesting to know (although we never will) how much our bumper contract offer was in comparison to what Liverpool are offering. Maybe naive but I laugh at the aqusations that he is just going there for the money. He is and has been frustrated here for more than six months.

Just can't get on board with this Enrique hate. What's he done that's so bad? The fact is that Liverpool are a step up, always have been and because of their history always will be. There is literally nothing about his conduct which makes me want to dislike him.

Obviously hate that he's gone to Liverpool of all clubs but I just can't hold anything against him, he's been one the best signings this club has made since 2004.

Its not so much the hate for Enrique but the modern footballer which he happens to be one in that when all is said and done f*** the fans f*** the club show me the money show me the f***ing money. He's not at Liverpool for anything else other than the money. Playing for a slightly bigger club than Newcastle is a bonus (I say slightly because they are, although they are way f***ing more successful and always will be if we cannot keep hold of our better players/they can afford to buy them from us) as is international recognition and playing in yurupa. With players its always money first everything else second which is the polar opposite of fans. All I care about is NUFC... Enrique can break a leg now for all I care. To paraphrase OzzieMandias he's history now.

Next!

I think you've confused Enrique with Ashley.

He's at Liverpool because they are moving in the complete opposite direction than us.

Liverpool are potentially in with a shout of CL qualification in the next few years, I dont see how its just about money either. Yes Downing was over-priced and is not the greatest all-round player in the world, but he should serve a a very useful function of supplying Carroll with crosses. Adam takes a brilliant set piece from that point of view too. Suarez is Suarez, Dalglish has even brought the confidence out of players like Lucas. Tthe owner seems level-headed and is trying to push the club forward, I do believe Enrique appreciated the fans support and grew to really like the place, but as a player coming to his prime, and not a local lad, its such a totally understandable decision.

Next!

Your theory that Enrique only cares about the money doesn't at all cover his Twitter rant, which ultimately cost him 2 weeks wages - that was something he really didn't have to do, he knew he would be reprimanded, but did it anyway.  He could have kept shut and still got his move easily enough. 

So we can safely say he didn't do that for himself.. Maybe he did that to remind us fans of our lying owners?

Next!

He's at Liverpool because they are moving in the complete opposite direction than us.

Apart from a 5-6 year period in about 40 years, this has always been the case. How's that Ashley's fault?

Next!

Apart from a 5-6 year period in about 40 years, this has always been the case. How's that Ashley's fault?

I think you've confused my two points which are completely seperate.

From a Villarreal fan:  Quite good pace, good defencively, hard to pass, very good technique and runs very much during a match. Good crossfoot but unfortunately not a goalscorer!

Accurate Villarreal fan from the first page.  Fair play.

Small fee because he wants out and only has a year left on his contract. He's gone because Liverpool are a higher profile club globally, and have been for years. If they have a wage cap it's higher than ours, so he's probably pulling something like an extra £1.5 million a year. It's a comment on where we are.

FFS we haven't been a f*cking honeypot of a club for about 8 years. Bizarrre how people throw hissy fits about us not having a recognised left back in mid August. We went for about 3 seasons under Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and Keegan without a left back we wanted to put on the pitch. He needs replacing but Jose going has been on the cards for months and it's time to move on....

Small fee because he wants out and only has a year left on his contract. He's gone because Liverpool are a higher profile club globally, and have been for years. If they have a wage cap it's higher than ours, so he's probably pulling something like an extra £1.5 million a year. It's a comment on where we are.

FFS we haven't been a f*cking honeypot of a club for about 8 years. Bizarrre how people throw hissy fits about us not having a recognised left back in mid August. We went for about 3 seasons under Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and Keegan without a left back we wanted to put on the pitch. He needs replacing but Jose going has been on the cards for months and it's time to move on....

That is most people's problem. We have known for ages he is going so why isn't there a replacement here now?

Well, in fairness the club have only known about Enrique wanting away since at least May, so it can't possibly be their fault as it's been sprung upon them. Anyway,  I'm sure this regime  won't let him go until a replacement is in place.

Oh, hang on...

Sorry I thought it was obvious that my point was we went for years without a left back, and now we may be without one for a week or two. It's crap planning but I think we will get someone in who can play left back before the end of August 2011.