José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

There hasn't even been a link from a shitty paper. Calm down.  :lol:

really? Where has all this Man Utd rumor came from?

You

:lol: Not really, I saw it from one of the other threads (Pardew or NUFC transfer rumor), I was merely diverting the rumor to its rightful thread

It won't be long before top clubs are sniffing round Enrique - he has had a great season and is undoubtedly one of the top 3 LBs in the PL...maybe not as good going forward as Evra or Bale, but a better defender than both in my opinion - imagine how Evra would look playing for NUFC ?

He has a great temperament and has been no trouble at all...all these factors will make him a big target for top sides, esp as he has probably 9 years left at the top.

Always rated this guy, even when some on here were slating him after his first few games, because he has genuine quality. It may not be in this window, but he WILL go before too long if someone pays the right money or comes up with a good p/ex deal. In a perfect world, we just wouldn't sell this boy but we live in the Ashley/Llambias world.

The Ashley/Llambias world where none of our top players have been sold you mean?

It won't be long before top clubs are sniffing round Enrique - he has had a great season and is undoubtedly one of the top 3 LBs in the PL...maybe not as good going forward as Evra or Bale, but a better defender than both in my opinion - imagine how Evra would look playing for NUFC ?

He has a great temperament and has been no trouble at all...all these factors will make him a big target for top sides, esp as he has probably 9 years left at the top.

Always rated this guy, even when some on here were slating him after his first few games, because he has genuine quality. It may not be in this window, but he WILL go before too long if someone pays the right money or comes up with a good p/ex deal. In a perfect world, we just wouldn't sell this boy but we live in the Ashley/Llambias world.

The Ashley/Llambias world where none of our top players have been sold you mean?

......and you think they WON'T sell any !?? You must be very trusting in them - lets see what happens in the next 6 months........

There hasn't even been a link from a shitty paper. Calm down.  :lol:

Doesn't matter whether there has or not - managers like Fergie and Wenger will know all about ANY decent player at clubs they think could be persuaded to sell...

I'm not saying I trust them or I think they're great... I'm just saying that they haven't shown a desire to offload our good players.

It wouldn't be fair to say "let's see what happens in the next 6 months" while ignoring what has happened in the last 6.

Guest Stephen927

I said it a few pages back, that my fear with this lad is he has ambitions for his country and won't get the opportunities while playing for Newcastle. I think he's fairly happy here, he won't go unless he's pushed right now and I don't think that'll happen either.

It's just a matter of time before we get serious interest from a top club for Enrique, whether this rumour is bullshit or not. Will we pay what it takes to keep him here, that's the question. I think he'd stay if the terms were what he could get elsewhere but that will be tricky given the wage structure.

VI if you search Google News España, part of the interview is on a site called La Informacion and that link has a direct link to his full interview on AS.

Give me a link if you can, I can only find multitude of "news" linking him to an assortment of clubs but no interview. I'll translate the juicier bits for you lot.

I'm not saying I trust them or I think they're great... I'm just saying that they haven't shown a desire to offload our good players.

It wouldn't be fair to say "let's see what happens in the next 6 months" while ignoring what has happened in the last 6.

In the last 6 months, we have been a newly-promoted PL side - managers have been waiting to see how our players - esp the younger ones - do in the PL. Now they have seen how the likes of Carroll and Enrique have performed against better opposition, they will be more confident about signing those players

for large fees.

There is no relationship between what has or hasn't been done by Ashley & Co in the past 6 months to what they MIGHT do in the next - their resolve has not been tested over these players and I for one believe that if Man U came for Enrique and they wanted him badly enough. a deal would be done - Yes or No..??

Milner is the only 'bad' sale I can think of tbh under Ashley, and even then we got a good price, it just wasn't ivested back into the squad.

That's because despite paying out for players in one go we don't sell them in the same way so we'd have got half upfront and then the rest instalments.

Milner is the only 'bad' sale I can think of tbh under Ashley, and even then we got a good price, it just wasn't ivested back into the squad.

Shay Given? I know he wanted away but we got very little money for a player that was one of the best keepers around at the time.