José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I thought the Shay deal was a good one for us. we got a few million and it's not like he was a massive miss. Enrique leaving would hurt us a lot more. It really depends on what sort of club Ashley wants to build here. He's been right to get us operating on an even financial keel but we can be so much more than that if he has some ambition and vision.

I thought the Shay deal was a good one for us. we got a few million and it's not like he was a massive miss.

Aye, we only got relegated. Other than that, not a massive miss. :lol:

Tis but a scratch...

I thought the Shay deal was a good one for us. we got a few million and it's not like he was a massive miss.

Aye, we only got relegated. Other than that, not a massive miss. :lol:

Was it because of poor goalkeeping we got relegated? I thought Harper did quite well when he came in.

Shay leaving was obviously a big blow in the relegation season. To suggest we might have picked up one more point if he'd been playing is hardly stretching a point.

So you believe that Ashley's decision to sell Given cost us relegation?

Shay leaving was obviously a big blow in the relegation season. To suggest we might have picked up one more point if he'd been playing is hardly stretching a point.

Not entirely, I'm just saying Shay being at the club might have kept us up. It was certainly one of the factors.

In any case, I got the impression that the player himself was exceptionally keen to leave, thinking he would be first choice keeper at the new Man City superclub. So he has to shoulder part of the blame.

Not entirely, I'm just saying Shay being at the club might have kept us up. It was certainly one of the factors.

In any case, I got the impression that the player himself was exceptionally keen to leave, thinking he would be first choice keeper at the new Man City superclub. So he has to shoulder part of the blame.

Which is why I didn't think it was a bad deal to sell Given at the time. We didn't get relegated due to selling Given any more than because Owen didn't score goals, or Barton not playing, or N'Zogbia being sold etc. I would say there were far bigger factors like failure to buy in the January window or hiring Kinnear instead of a proper manager. Selling Given was one of the decisions which probably impacted the least because Harper came in and did well.