José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We should try and get Barragan. He was brilliant the last few times i've seen him play.  They are both U21 internationals that look like they can go all the way. It will also help this kid to settle in aswell.

Agreed, although i still can't understand how he failed big time when he was in Liverpool.

We should try and get Barragan. He was brilliant the last few times i've seen him play.  They are both U21 internationals that look like they can go all the way. It will also help this kid to settle in aswell.

Agreed, although i still can't understand how he failed big time when he was in Liverpool.

Was never really given a chance, i've heard he's turned out to be canny as well.

Guest ToonGeneral

Was never really given a chance, i've heard he's turned out to be canny as well.

Don't Liverpool still have option to buy him back for like a Million or so. Benitez knows he's a good prospect, but probably realized the only way he could get games was to sell him.

Don't Liverpool still have option to buy him back for like a Million or so. Benitez knows he's a good prospect, but probably realized the only way he could get games was to sell him.

I've not heard anything about that, but it doesn't sound unreasonable, he was still very young when he left, would he want to return?

Why not loan him out then?

Anyone remember "Pistone wings Inter Toon"?

I had actually seen Pistone play brilliantly at Left Back and had even discussed it with my Italian mate before the transfer. We had watched him for Inter together and i had said that i really rated him. Anyway, Pistone signs and he calls me up to say congrats and all that and wished him the best for us. Carlo really loves NUFC bless him, although he is Torino to the core.

Utter wank though  :razz: :lol:

Its not as if we have a good record with Spanish players or even players signed from the Spanish league! I reckon that the times they are a changing though.....

I simply don't know what to type. Everyone has expressed my feelings but thought i had to post in this thread anyway.

easy...type this "by the sounds of it a good signing,for all i know little about him,it is addressing a position we need strengthening urgently,however i will be happier when he actually signs as a lot can go wrong between the clubs agreeing a fee and the player actually signing".

Guest optimistic nit

"The left lateral defense of 21 years had a successful passage in the Submarine - it arrived coming from the Valencia -"

Looks like he arrived literally out of the blue as well as figeratively. Last thing we need is a playboy superstar blowing fans money on alternative forms of transport though. Probably why the english media never caught on to the signing. It must have taken him over a week to get here, arriving at dusk in a cove somewhere off witley bay.

Fucking hell, saw this on SSN at work and I was like "What?! Who?!" :D Can't be arsed reading the whole thread, but I understand that we've got no quotes from either Allardyce nor Enrique? I'll just stay optimistic with a hint of cautiosness til it's all settled :D

What a day :D

None of tomorrow's papers, at least none of the ones at News Now so far (the broadsheets basically) are carrying any mention of this, nothing about the Serb either. Weird. I'm pretty confident this'll go through like, doubt Villarreal put any old shite on the website.

Enrique was supposed to have been involved in a friendly or something and left, I'm sure I read something like that so maybe he's on his way, it would be a good idea to get him in the ground on Sunday so he can see what sort of crowd we get for a meaningless friendly.  He must be interested anyway or he would have remained with the squad insted of leaving.

Guest Ridzuan

This news caught me by surprise.First it was Cacapa and now this spanish guy.Never heard of him before but if reports are to be believe,he is a good catch.Cant wait for the deal to be confirmed by us.