José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Need a right back now.

Carr/Nobby/Ron will do me if we can't find anyone good enough. Left-back was ridiculous.

Ron?

..aldinho.

Signing him but as Jimmy Milner is clearly better, Ronnie is being stuck in at RB.

Brilliant news.

Not seen him play a great deal if I'm being honest, but he's young and very highly rated in Spain and is a LEFT BACK~! that we'll be hoping becomes a staple of our back 4 for years to come.

Delighted. :D

Brilliant news.

Not seen him play a great deal if I'm being honest, but he's young and very highly rated in Spain and is a LEFT BACK~! that we'll be hoping becomes a staple of our back 4 for years to come.

:nope: Any transfer news like this seems to bring out this strange brain fuzz in people, when they seem to lose all logical sense and thought.

"I don't know him, never seem him play, but it's a great signing, etc..."

Brilliant news.

:nope: Any transfer news like this seems to bring out this strange brain fuzz in people, when they seem to lose all logical sense and thought.

The reaction of the Villareal fans is a fair measure, I'd reckon, when people haven't seen him play.

I do generally agree that you're right with what you say, but anything is a step-up on what we got from Bernard last season, that's how I'm looking at it.

Brilliant news.

It's not my job to identify players abroad that I feel could benefit our team both in the short and long term.

It is Sam Allardyce's job, however, and I'm willing to trust his judgement. If we were only signing players I'd heard of and seen in action plenty then I'd be a little worried as it would imply that our manager doesn't really know a whole lot more about footballers than me, which as manager of the club I'd expect him to.

Is this guy a sure thing? No, far from it. But nobody we sign is.

He's young and seems very highly rated by pretty much everyone who's able to from a proper opinion on him. Also a fairly big fella who will add some much needed height to our team as well as being an apparently solid ball player.

So you'll have to forgive my brain fuzz on this one.

Am I the only one who's nervous that we have only agreed a deal with the club for now..? A lot could go wrong between now and him putting a signature on a contract.. Oh dear, I have to shed this scepticism if this is true..

I wish you'd f****** cheer up! You're the new Wullie.

My thank you.. A deal has been struck with the club, he's not here yet.. We struck a deal with that right back from Marseille and probably a few other clubs as well only to find out the players didn't want to come here, so I'm just being cautious here.. Hope we pull this one off though..

Guest Toon83

has anyone got a direct link to this story on the villareal site, i've looked and can't find the story on their site

Guest JamesD

has anyone got a direct link to this story on the villareal site, i've looked and can't find the story on their site

its on the spanish version of the site, not the english one.

its on the spanish version of the site, not the english one.

Don't even bother trying to translate it with a translator tho, spanish has different words for different things, so it'll just come out all strange.

Guest tuppence

I wish I had a "my villareal fan mate" to call upon, bearing in mind Villareal is a relatively small place it's amazing how connected people are.

Guest Toon83

We should start hearing something official about Jose Enrique tomorrow, sounds like a great deal and totally out of the blue, which is the best way to do business

Guest ToonGeneral

We should try and get Barragan. He was brilliant the last few times i've seen him play.  They are both U21 internationals that look like they can go all the way. It will also help this kid to settle in aswell.