José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest hagler

the good thing is with this news coming as a shock..we have to be happy that the club / big sam........are doing lots behind our backs

From a swedish Villareal fan site :

Vänsterbacken José Enrique kom från Valencia förra sommaren, han kom billigt och hade inga krav på sig. Efter några månader hade han dock tagit en ordinarie plats och var en av säsongens bästa spelare. Detta räckde dock inte för Llaneza som istället hämtade in den spanska landslagsspelaren Joan Capdevila. José Enrique skulle (helt oförklarligt) få en plats på bänken den här säsongen, men så blir det inte. Newcastle har gjort ett av sina bästa köp under klubbens historia och har värvat den unga Enrique. I Newcastle kommer han att vara den ordinarie vänsterbacken bara han klarar av tempot, den gode Kylskåpet. Det är inget snack om saken; jag tror att Enrique har tagit en ordinarie landslagsplats om några år.

Allting känns bara så tungt. Enrique var en av mina personliga favoriter och U-21 landslagsmannen säljs utan omtanke. Vi kan ju inte byta ut hela laget varje säsong. För fan för dig Llaneza, för fan för dig. Vad vi fick för José Enrique är ännu okänt och än har det inte kommit fram några uppgifter om hur långt Josés kontrakt sträcker sig, men det känns som att det inte spelar någon roll just nu. I sådana här lägen vill man bara lägga sig ner och gråta.

Translation:

Enrique came from Valencia last year on the cheap without any demands on him. Soon he had taken a regular place in the line up and he was one of the best players last season. This wasnt enough for Llaneza who brought in the spanish international Joan Capdevila. Enrique was set for a place on the bench (unexplainable) but that is not going to happen now. Newcastle has made one of their best buys ever in the young Enrique, he will be their regular left back if he can cope with the EPL tempo, the good fridge. No doubt about it, I believe Enrique will be a regular spanish international in a few years.

Everything feels so heavy. Enrique was one of my personal favourites and the U21 international is being sold without thought. We cant change our team every season. Fuck off Llaneza, fuck off. What we get for Enrique and how long his contract is is still not known but it doesnt really matter right now. In situations like this you just want to cry.

These latest news makes it a hell of alot easier to work this weekend. im soooooooooooooooooooo happy, haven't felt like this in a looooong time.

im so happy for myself and other Newcastle fans that we finally have something to smile about and look forward to.

If there is any fans who deserves something positive it's us atm. Couldnt be much better at the moment =)))

Cheers. Enjoy the weekend lads ;)

If we do sign this Enrique guy Is Big Sam still looking to sign Baines? ( as has been reported) . According to Sky Sports Enrique is a left winger who can also play at left back. Anyway if this is the case I am really starting to look forward to the new season !!

Am I alone???

Guest Kenton Magpie

People getting far too excited with the signing of players with a unknown reputation like the Gooch and look how that one ended

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, i think some people automatically think that all Spanish, French etc players come from the same gene pool. Its beyond stupid. Its like worrying about John Terry being like bramble because theyre both English. Obviously not to that extreme, but you get the idea.

Guest Toon83

I will not firmly believe this until Newcastle come out with some sort of confirmation, it seems strange that Villareal announce this on their website without anything from us, but then again that seems to be the way that the spanish teams do things, so maybe it is true, but i will await some sort of confirmation from Newcastle first

Definately didn't play in their friendly last night.  I'd expect some kind of news on it in tonights evening chronicle.  You can imagine AO would have been ringing Sam through to night to find out whats going on.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Definately didn't play in their friendly last night.  I'd expect some kind of news on it in tonights evening chronicle.  You can imagine AO would have been ringing Sam through to night to find out whats going on.

Expect a few wide of the mark comments followed by the signing of the guy tomorrow

Article on Enrique from a Swedish Villareal fansite:

The idiot of the Century: Jose Enrique to Newcastle

Left-back Jose Enrique came from Valencia last summer, he came in cheap and with no expectations. After a couple of months, however, he had earned a place in the starting line-up and ended up as one of the best players of the season.

This was not good enough for Llaneza, who bought the Spanish international Joan Capdevilla. Jose Enrique would (unexplainable) be on the bench this season, if not for Newcastle. Newcastle has made one of their best signings in the history of their club in buying young Enrique. In Newcastle he'll walk straight into the first team, as long as he can cope with the tempo of the league.

Everything just feels heavy at the moment, Enrique was one of my personal favourites.

We don't know how much we got for Enrique, but it doesn't matter. In times like these, you just want to lie down and cry

Left-back Jose Enrique came from Valencia last summer, he came in cheap and with no expectations. After a couple of months, however, he had earned a place in the starting line-up and ended up as one of the best players of the season.

This was not good enough for Llaneza, who bought the Spanish international Joan Capdevilla. Jose Enrique would (unexplainable) be on the bench this season, if not for Newcastle. Newcastle has made one of their best signings in the history of their club in buying young Enrique. In Newcastle he'll walk straight into the first team, as long as he can cope with the tempo of the league.

Everything just feels heavy at the moment, Enrique was one of my personal favourites.

We don't know how much we got for Enrique, but it doesn't matter. In times like these, you just want to lie down and cry

Fourth time it's been translated in this thread.

Same stuff really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6931012.stm

Villarreal claim they have agreed to sell Spain Under-21 international Jose Enrique to Newcastle.

The Spanish outfit say only a few minor details need to be sorted out before the left-back completes the switch.

"We want to thank Jose Enrique for his contributions and wish him much luck in his footballing career," read a statement on Villarreal's club website.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has hinted at several new arrivals and Enrique is unlikely to be the last this summer.

The Magpies sealed the signing of striker Alan Smith from Newcastle on Friday and Allardyce has stressed the importance of boosting his squad for the upcoming season.

Midfielder Kieron Dyer is set to leave, while striker Michael Owen is set to miss the opening game of the campaign against Bolton.

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473116&in_page_id=1779

Villarreal left-back Jose Enrique is set to join Newcastle.

The La Liga outfit have announced they have reached an agreement with the Magpies for the transfer of the Spain Under-21 international, with the deal only needing a few minor details to be ironed out before being completed.

The Spanish outfit said of the impending transfer of the 21-year-old in a statement on their website: "We want to thank Jose Enrique for his contributions to the club and wish him much luck in his footballing career."

Fourth time it's been translated in this thread.

:blush:

I was at work all night yesterday, couldn't be arsed reading through the thread now