José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

If anyone thinks we actually want Enrique to leave now for a discount fee rather than sign a new contract I have to say they're mental.

I'd imagine they want him to leave now for a good fee.

Come on man, if nothing else they'll want him to sign a contract rather than not if only because it guarantees a higher fee for him. :lol:

If anyone thinks we actually want Enrique to leave now for a discount fee rather than sign a new contract I have to say they're mental.

I imagine they'd want him to leave for a good fee.

Yeah, but if he leaves without signing a new deal we will get far less than he's really worth, right?

Re: Mr 60-40

Usually, I find Pardew too garrulous and would say he's just setting himself/the club up for a fall by saying "60-40" but I don't think the man's an idiot. If he's said that, I think he's probably intentionally underselling the likelihood of it going through at a time when the club's fans and players crave reassurance about the direction of the club.

Whether Mr 60-40 is the person to do that (or whether he even exists!) I do not know for certain. Doesn't seem desperate, seems like trying to engender positivity around the club. Like smile therarpy.

[/two cents]

Rather than sign a new contract?

Dunno, depends on the figures.

Guest Antec

I imagine they'd want him to leave for a good fee.

Yeah, but if he leaves without signing a new deal we will get far less than he's really worth, right?

Any comments on this thread?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74302.1470.html

Why offer it to him at all then?

If it came down to the choice of losing him next summer for nothing or selling now to buy a replacement then I don't doubt they would sell him this summer, however the idea that the club are only saying he's been offered a new deal to paint him as being a cunt if he does leave is laughable.

I can't think of any reason they wouldn't want him to sign a new contract to stay, can you?

Well nobody knows the exact figures, not even the club know exactly how much they could sell Enrique with one year left or five years left. But they do know (and so do you) that players fetch much less as their contracts run down.

Dave man, what's the point in stereotyping people's arguments like that? You could apply that logic to anyone's position on anything... "well if X happens all the Ashley haters/sympathisers will all say Y".

Pointless IMO.

I still thinks there's a high risk of him being sold even if he signs a new contract.

I'm sure he would be if a silly offer came in for him, even the most cynical of supporters will struggle to come up with a reason why the club wouldn't offer him a good contract though, even if it was to only retain his value as a commodity.

Dave man, what's the point in stereotyping people's arguments like that? You could apply that logic to anyone's position on anything... "well if X happens all the Ashley haters/sympathisers will all say Y".

Pointless IMO.

Just as stereotypical and pointless as posts like this? http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68821.msg2982872.html#msg2982872

:lol:

Nicely found! That was just a joke, following up on someone else's slightly humorous point.

I'll be more careful in future though.

Pointless IMO.

Just as stereotypical and pointless as posts like this? http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68821.msg2982872.html#msg2982872

Nicely found! That was just a joke, following up on someone else's slightly humorous point.

;)

Just saying, I find the OTT sarcasm about everything going wrong just as tedious personally. In very recent history we have somehow been relegated, we have sold our best players and so on. The circumstances are everything of course, but I can't get my head around some people not realising and accepting why a good number of our support remain very negative and skeptical about the club.

Pointless IMO.

;)

Just saying, I find the OTT sarcasm about everything going wrong just as tedious personally. In very recent history we have somehow been relegated, we have sold our best players and so on. The circumstances are everything of course, but I can't get my head around some people not realising and accepting why a good number of our support remain very negative and skeptical about the club.

Nah I agree really, I'm sceptical as well, I just see a few tentative signs of things looking up. And I don't agree that everything the happens that we don't like is some sort of grand plan to screw us over. I do see how relatively minor setbacks are blown out of proportion though - we have been put through some shit times and this is an internet forum.

I think the Enrique situation was probably inevitable with him being good enough to play for a top team plus coming to the end of his contract, but the Barton thing is surprising and annoying.

If we take risks with relegation again I'll be fuming, but let's hope we get the right players in to avoid that.

Guest Antec

Pointless IMO.

;)

Nah I agree really, I'm sceptical as well, I just see a few tentative signs of things looking up. And I don't agree that everything the happens that we don't like is some sort of grand plan to screw us over. I do see how relatively minor setbacks are blown out of proportion though - we have been put through some shit times and this is an internet forum.

I think the Enrique situation was probably inevitable with him being good enough to play for a top team plus coming to the end of his contract, but the Barton thing is surprising and annoying.

If we take risks with relegation again I'll be fuming, but let's hope we get the right players in to avoid that.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74302.0.html

LukeEdwards0 I wonder what a very good contract offer is by Ashley's standards? Enrique already on £46k-a-week, Tiote may well be on as much as £60k.

Wonder if we'll offer him a pay cut? :lol:

LukeEdwards0 I wonder what a very good contract offer is by Ashley's standards? Enrique already on £46k-a-week, Tiote may well be on as much as £60k.

Wonder if we'll offer him a pay cut? :lol:

Do you have a fetish for negativity?

:lol: In other words, he hasn't a clue what Tiote is on.