José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Are the Moyes/Kenwright remarks being brushed over by the way, or does it not tie in with the whole "most owners/managers lie when it suits" thing.

Would be interesting to find some quotes after the sale to see if Kenwright/Moyes were going to put the money back into the squad.

Just asked Mehdi what the craic is...

?

I asked him too. Didn't say owt. First time he's not responded to a question  :undecided:

He's like 18 isn't he? Howay man lad, at that age when someone told me "Don't mention this to anyone", I'd tell anyone and everyone I came across in the next day :lol:

Are the Moyes/Kenwright remarks being brushed over by the way, or does it not tie in with the whole "most owners/managers lie when it suits" thing.

Would be interesting to find some quotes after the sale to see if Kenwright/Moyes were going to put the money back into the squad.

I couldn't care less what Everton's management and ownership do. It's what ours do which is what matters.

So it's okay because someone else also did it once? ???

Not exactly unknown that Everton don't spend money on transfers is it? Not sure what point you're making.

Given that we were one kick away from 9th anyway, I don't see why that's not a fair, realistic expectation.

We were 3 goals away from 14th and I don't see that we've replaced the goals that we no longer have in the squad.

That people think this sort of thing is unique to Newcastle, when in truth it happens to every club outside the top 6, and even there, if an elite club wants to sign a player from say Spurs or Arsenal, they end up selling. (in Arsenal's case it's not always reinvested either).

Would the Kenwright\Moyes quotes prove that lying is acceptable or have anything to do with Enrique?

Would the Kenwright\Moyes quotes prove that lying is acceptable or have anything to do with Enrique?

Nope but it proves that it's not unique to us and that you can improve the squad cheaply as well.

Nope but it proves that it's not unique to us and that you can improve the squad cheaply as well.

I think everybody knows that you can improve a squad a squad cheaply, that doesn't mean that we will.

I think everybody knows that you can improve a squad a squad cheaply, that doesn't mean that we will.

Do you not think Simpson, Williamson, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux & Ba has improved the squad cheaply?

Do you not think Simpson, Williamson, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux & Ba has improved the squad cheaply?

HBA, Simo & Williamson were not signed in this window.

Out of the £35m I bet its about half a mill spent on players (not including wages) but surely wages should be covered by other club revenue?

He is taking the piss and lied to us again, yes we have done good business but does that mean its okay not to spend big money on quality too?

HBA, Simo & Williamson were not signed in this window.

Out of the £35m I bet its about half a mill spent on players (not including wages) but surely wages should be covered by other club revenue?

He is taking the p*ss and lied to us again, yes we have done good business but does that mean its okay not to spend big money on quality too?

If the big quality (Gervinho? Gameiro?) are being signed by bigger/richer clubs, then there's not much we can do is there?

There's not a single player in the Premier League this summer I've seen join another club for big money that I think we could have signed, or would have been worth the money.

As I've said, name one non-top 6 club who'd have rejected those offers, offered Barton a long-term contract, and would be able to keep a player like Enrique when he only has a year to go?

The difference is that most clubs would have re-invested the money back into the first team, like we were initially promised.

Like Everton when they sold Rooney? (spent under £2m on Marcus Bent & Tim Cahill that summer)

They went on to have their best season in 20 years.

Rooney left on the last day of the summer transfer window and they loaned/bought Arteta and Beattie (for a club record) in the next window. Broke their transfer record 4 years in a row after 2004 too.

I don't think Simpson improved on Beye and I don't think Wiliamson improved on Bassong.  Tiote did improve us and Ben Arfa probably will.  Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba may or may not improve the squad.

Me: hey mehdi... well played last night - you were really good

Medhi: thank you

Me: how is the group? lots of bad things being said after Jose's tweet

Medhi: good we are good . really no probleme

Me: that is good news. good luck against columbus.

Medhi: thank you

:dontknow: Didn't ask any more, didn't wanna be a pest and assumed there'd be nothing else to get out of him.