José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's all debatable. I don't think we'd have to spend that much to convince him to stay. In fact, this whole "We're not CL level and won't be for £35m!" is becoming a bit of a mythical excuse.

He wants us to show ambition in our spending and we haven't, quite simply, at any level.

When the inevitable Fabregas to Barcelona transfer goes through, Arsenal will have had an even less net spend as us since Ashley took over, maybe if they do offer for him to replace Clichy he should snub them for not showing the right ambition.

Different situation as Arsenal are already top six and above.

It's all debatable. I don't think we'd have to spend that much to convince him to stay. In fact, this whole "We're not CL level and won't be for £35m!" is becoming a bit of a mythical excuse.

He wants us to show ambition in our spending and we haven't, quite simply, at any level.

When the inevitable Fabregas to Barcelona transfer goes through, Arsenal will have had an even less net spend as us since Ashley took over, maybe if they do offer for him to replace Clichy he should snub them for not showing the right ambition.

It's a bit daft comparing a team who a 'there' with a one that are thousands of miles away...

It's all relative though. You could argue if Arsenal spent their money properly they could win the league rather than simply fighting top 4, similarly us spending £35m might have helped us challenge 6th a bit closer, but we could still be more than capable of 8th or 9th.

Don't see how you can believe that. He's a young player who's stock is at an all-time high and he realises his potential. His contract is coming to an end, so I would have thought he would be looking for a big move, pay rise and international exposure.

If we were a team spending money suggesting we were pushing for the top six and beyond, I genuinely believe he'd want to stay. I believe he likes it here and would happily stay if we were headed in the direction that we could be headed if we were matching our potential with cold hard cash.

He can't see how we're going to get over the top 10 any time soon doing what we are doing and as such, he wants to move to a club that is already there.

Fair enough, neither of us are doing anything other than speculating.

It's a bit daft comparing a team who a 'there' with a one that are thousands of miles away...

It's all relative though. You could argue if Arsenal spent their money properly they could win the league rather than simply fighting top 4, similarly us spending £35m might have helped us challenge 6th a bit closer, but we could still be more than capable of 8th or 9th.

well yeah, it's pretty universal the criticism that Wenger gets for not investing properly to make them competitive. So not sure what point you were making there. Maybe it was another one of those situations where you argue for something you don't actually believe in?

saying that, i could accept spending as little as Arsenal do on transfers if Ashley went out and hired Wenger and gave him the backing to set up his scouting and coaching network here as well as the big wages Arsenal spend. Oh well, I can dream.

well yeah, it's pretty universal the criticism that Wenger gets for not investing properly to make them competitive. So not sure what point you were making there. Maybe it was another one of those situations where you argue for something you don't actually believe in?

saying that, i could accept spending as little as Arsenal do on transfers if Ashley went out and hired Wenger and gave him the backing to set up his scouting and coaching network here as well as the big wages Arsenal spend. Oh well, I can dream.

Arsenal have been in Champions league finals and all sorts, so they clearly have the talent to win the Premier' they just didn't have the bottle. I don't think they necessarily had to spend to have a better chance of winning stuff, they merely needed the consistency.

Arsenal have been in Champions league finals and all sorts, so they clearly have the talent to win the Premier' they just didn't have the bottle. I don't think they necessarily had to spend to have a better chance of winning stuff, they merely needed the consistency.

So what's the difference between Wenger selling big and finding his bargains, and us doing the same?

So what's the difference between Wenger selling big and finding his bargains, and us doing the same?

Arsenal can offer Champions League football, an increased possibility of winning trophies and also have household names from some of the top International sides in the world.

Newcastle won the championship, have an unpredictable board that lies to it's fans, mediocre players (for the majority) and no European football.

I fucking adore this club, and as much as it hurts to say it, that's where we are and where we'll continue to be for sometime, unless we start going backwards. The only other thing is to make a trophy signing, or a few quality signings to show we mean business.

Arsenal's failure to invest is costing them big time. They also had a hell of a lot more quality to begin with, two completely different situations.

For those arguing Jose is leaving for ambition only (nothing to do with personal gain) can I repeat the question:

why hasn't he handed in a transfer request?

I guess he's hoping that a deal will happen anyway and he'll still get any bonus he is due. That or he genuinely hasn't decided he wants to leave enough to actually ask for it, and he's just expressing his frustration.

For those arguing Jose is leaving for ambition only (nothing to do with personal gain) can I repeat the question:

Because he wants to stay, I bet if the club went to a new owner he would sign a new contract, maybe seeing out his deal and leaving on a free is his bit of revenge.

Daft I know but he is a young lad that is angry with his employer.

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

by Iwantcurlyhair2

Pardew was happy to just give Jose a ticking off. Ashley though furious and fined him £100k.He the boss. #nufc

9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Why do you think he is leaving? (Genuine question)

he won't sign a new contract and he spoke publicly against the club paying his wages right now.

Maybe this is just Jose's way of pressuring the board and he hasn't put a transfer request in because he genuinely doesn't want to leave. Maybe he's saying what a lot of fans are thinking.

Maybe this is just Jose's way of pressuring the board and he hasn't put a transfer request in because he genuinely doesn't want to leave. Maybe he's saying what a lot of fans are thinking.

:undecided:

Good news tbh, even though i don't disagree with Jose's sentiment. Twitter's the fucking devil - it doesn't do any good to the club so you'd think such a fine would discourage any players from doing similar. I'd hope that Pardew would completely sanction any of our players from posting on it.

Thought 100k was a shitload of money until I read this part: "But Ashley was so angered with Enrique's rant that he immediately ordered Pards to dish out a two-week fine."

Must be so hard being a footballer.  Doing what you love in front of thousands/millions of fans around the world while making 100k every two weeks - if not more.

Hard to feel pity for them and their contract situations to be honest.

It would make very little sense for Enrique to put a transfer request in atm.

Are other clubs unaware he is looking elsewhere? no, so he's not going to ask for one to alert them.

Is Ashley preventing him from leaving? no, so he's not going to try to force their hand.

Has an actual bid or official enquiry been made? no, so there's no concrete offer tempting him away.

Is he running out of time to leave? no, so there's no sense of urgency.

So "IF" he has been fined £100k as suggested and we know that players can usually only be fined a maximum of 2 weeks wages, then Jose must be on £50k a week.

According to Alan Brazil this morning, he said he had been told on very good authority that Jose had been offered a 5 year contract on £50k a week which if true means that Jose is right and he has not been offered a payrise.