José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Will do well at Liverpool.

Got a link?

I edited my post as I didn't have one. I do now!

Liverpool have reportedly agreed a fee with Newcastle of £10m for the services of Spanish defender Jose Enrique.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/04/Defender-deal-agreed/gnid-102938/

Old.

Sorry, just been published.

I was led to believe Colocho had fucked off. Not happy.

You must be so disappointed.

Will do well at Liverpool.

Got a link?

I edited my post as I didn't have one. I do now!

Liverpool have reportedly agreed a fee with Newcastle of £10m for the services of Spanish defender Jose Enrique.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/04/Defender-deal-agreed/gnid-102938/

Old.

Sorry, just been published.

No. Was published 12 hours ago.

think most of him wanting to move is to get attention of national team manager ahead of euros, like it or not playing for liverpool will get more attention that us from spain.

though if he can't even get in the side with no lbs called up full stop...........

Maybe, just maybe, we should do to the scousers what they did to chelsea and say the transfer isn't going through until we have a replacement signed.

Or would that be too sensible for us?

You'd like to think that when Liverpool eventually pitch in with an offer close to being acceptable a couple of days before the transfer deadline we'd tell them unless we can get a replacement in at short notice Enrique won't be leaving. That would be the way any normal club with standards to maintain would deal with it. I really hope this time round we don't end up capitulating like a pimp on crack and instead tell them to go fuck themselves.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/204936/Liverpool-agree-fee-for-Jose-Enrique/

LIVERPOOL AGREE FEE FOR JOSE ENRIQUE

7th August 2011

By Star on Sunday

LIVERPOOL have finally agreed a £5.5million fee for Newcastle defender Jose Enrique.

The two sides have been at loggerheads all summer over a price for the attack-minded Spaniard.

But with Enrique refusing to sign a contract and going on Twitter to criticise his club, the Magpies have decided to take the money on offer from the Reds.

And Kenny Dalglish is now in a position to tie up the deal having moved the money- draining contract of Milan Jovanovic off his wage bill.

Enrique has been Liverpool’s top target to solve their left-back position throughout the summer.

The stopper, 25, arrived at Newcastle from Villarreal in a £6.3million deal in 2007 and made 119 appearances.

It would be a shame to see him going to Liverpool - but if I was a talented player with no previous allegiance to NUFC I'd want to get out of here for the sake of my career.

He said on twitter that the board has no intention to challenge the top 6 and he is right. Liverpool aren't in the Champions League but they clearly have ambition to progress.

I dont really care about the £5.5m fee being a bit low - its not as if an extra few million would go on players anyway.

Having said all that I'd still far rather see him go to AC Milan or Bayern Munich as was mentioned in January, but I'll certainly not give him any stick if he comes back with Liverpool.