José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Happened only 9 times last season, compared to A. Cole (38), Clichy (26), Baines (24), Evra (23).

:undecided:

Where's that stat from? Fucking insane if accurate.

f***ing prick

Wanted champions league football

Goes to non champions league club

f*** off

Went to a club with ambition, can't blame him.

Massive shame and massive loss.

Bye Jose. Great full back.

:thup:

Agree. Really we have as much potential to push on as Liverpool. However they have owners, staff and fans that demand champions league and are spending the kind of money needed to get there.

We are more concerned with surviving in the premier league and becoming self sufficient spending the minimum needed, as fans a decent proportion are beaten down and willing to accept the mid table is acceptable.

The gamble with Liverpool is failure to qualify for the champions league and in all reality they will. I think regardless if they end up in the shit they are so "cherished" in the footballing world someone will come in and save them.

Summed up I can see why Jose is going, I don't like it or his decision but I can see his thinking. We lack the immediate ambition he wants and Liverpool look like an up and coming prospect, Its the clubs fault he isn't convinced of ours. I think he could do better though.

The price better be good.

Must mean we have Pieters surely ?

I would assume so.

Hope he's good as he's got massive boots to fill. Jose is the best full back I've seen in over 20 years of following NUFC.

harsh on beresford.

Beresfrd was good going forward but not a patch on Jose defensively IMO.

Guest bimpy474

1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Happened only 9 times last season, compared to A. Cole (38), Clichy (26), Baines (24), Evra (23).

Mainly because they attacked the best back peddling right back in history and didn't need to go left.

I would assume so.

Hope he's good as he's got massive boots to fill. Jose is the best full back I've seen in over 20 years of following NUFC.

harsh on beresford.

Tough but I think he is better than Beresford, might not have the screaming shot but is better defensively imo.

I would assume so.

harsh on beresford.

I watched nearly every game Bez played for us and saw alot when he was at Pompey and can say confidently Jose is a mile better.

f***ing prick

Wanted champions league football

Goes to non champions league club

f*** off

Went to a club with ambition, can't blame him.

Massive shame and massive loss.

Bye Jose. Great full back.

:thup:

Agree. Really we have as much potential to push on as Liverpool. However they have owners, staff and fans that demand champions league and are spending the kind of money needed to get there.

We are more concerned with surviving in the premier league and becoming self sufficient spending the minimum needed, as fans a decent proportion are beaten down and willing to accept the mid table is acceptable.

The gamble with Liverpool is failure to qualify for the champions league and in all reality they will. I think regardless if they end up in the shit they are so "cherished" in the footballing world someone will come in and save them.

Summed up I can see why Jose is going, I don't like it or his decision but I can see his thinking. We lack the immediate ambition he wants and Liverpool look like an up and coming prospect, Its the clubs fault he isn't convinced of ours. I think he could do better though.

The price better be good.

Really good post.

I would assume so.

harsh on beresford.

I watched nearly every game Bez played for us and saw alot when he was at Pompey and can say confidently Jose is a mile better.

i'm not so sure. enrique was stronger defensivly but had much more support (jonas instaed of ginola for large spells), beresfords distribution was much better. wouldn't like to choose one over the other

So thats that. Barcelona, Arsenal, Man United I'd understand - but Liverpool?

He's been my favourite player and I'm not going to be a twat to him, but I'm saddened by the whole thing. I already stay away from Liverpool matches after January, so this would be even more painful. Pretty pissed off at the whole situation tbh, especially as I don't believe Pieters is near Jose's level.

Gutted.

Just to set a few things straight, Enrique has said that he wants to play for a club with ambition and spending money that matches ambition, not that he wants to play for a CL club right now.

Liverpool are a damn sight more ambitious than us at this current time and are thus closer to breaking the Europe and the top four than we are.

I'm gutted he's gone, but it's been coming and we've not done enough (IMO) to keep him here.

Where's that stat from? f***ing insane if accurate.

Dunno, but aye. Jen Cheng from Sports Illustrated posted it on Twitter.

Guest bimpy474

I would assume so.

harsh on beresford.

i'm not so sure. enrique was stronger defensivly but had much more support (jonas instaed of ginola for large spells), beresfords distribution was much better. wouldn't like to choose one over the other

This.

Beresford had so much more to do defensively, still got forward well too.

I would assume so.

harsh on beresford.

It's an easy choice for me. Jose every day of the week.

A far better footballer.

I would assume so.

harsh on beresford.

Beresford was more the backing off type of defender like Simpson, you didn't see him clean out the opposition in 1 v 1's like Enrique does. Add to that the fact that Enrique is great at bombing forward as well and you have the complete full back for me.

Where's that stat from? f***ing insane if accurate.

Think it was from a liverpool fan site who did a comparison of leftbacks.  It honestly sounds about right. 

Adios, 'el toro' :( :(

Guest bimpy474

My worry is one Amigo down, what will the other two do

Not unthinkable with Colo's contractual situation next summer.

Go to bed you  :angry:

On the plus side, this is another excuse to support whoever Liverpool are playing every weekend.

Except for this weekend, where we can hope for a 0-0 with plenty red cards and injuries.

We need Cattermole to be sent off in the derby tbf.

Guest bimpy474

My worry is one Amigo down, what will the other two do

Not unthinkable with Colo's contractual situation next summer.

Go to bed you  :angry:

:lol: Sorry. Very cynical these days.

Supporting us does tend to do that dont it :D