José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1187542263/223821718.jpg

^Would                  ^Is free to join

On my phone, and this post looked like you wanted the bowling lane to join in with you and Jose's bird.

His performances recently have been below par for his standard.

Didn't something similar happen during winter last season? Then he had that month off injured and came back better than before.

Perhaps he's the kind of player who can play very well for 35 games a season, but not if he has to play 45 games. May indicate why we really do need a left back.

Didn't something similar happen during winter last season? Then he had that month off injured and came back better than before.

Perhaps he's the kind of player who can play very well for 35 games a season, but not if he has to play 45 games. May indicate why we really do need a left back.

Which player is capable of playing very well for all games of the season? Messi probably has 4-5 bad games in a season :lol:

All players have bad games but my concern is a general decline in performances going into the second half of the season. We need a decent young left back that will push and challenge him, and give him the occasional deserved break to ensure performances last throughout the season.

I think an issue might be that he absolutely pissed on the Championship last season and was arguably the best player in the division without ever having to get out of third gear. it was just too easy for him, but not facing any real challenges there was nothing to keep him alert and constantly striving for the best. he basically pissed around for a year - dribbling past 5 players, cross field passes, matador footy with colo, trying (and succeeding) to outmuscle everyone -  knowing he was comfortably better than even the best opposition he'd face.

premiership is obviously a massive step up and you can't do that anymore, least not to the same extent. not saying he's been poor- quite the opposite, he looks very competent, and ive seen fans of other clubs put in him their premiership XIs for this first half of the season. just by his high standards he has still looked a bit withdrawn or sloppy.

Which of his performances have been below par?  He's as good in his position as any other player on our books and better than most, I don't think we need to worry about him as we only need cover for injuries and his record on that score isn't bad either.

All players have bad games but my concern is a general decline in performances going into the second half of the season. We need a decent young left back that will push and challenge him, and give him the occasional deserved break to ensure performances last throughout the season.

You're concerned about something that hasn't and probably will not happen, he doesn't need a break.  We've got players who can cover him and we've got positions which need more cover than left back because other positions are not as strong as his.  Ferguson and Kadar both need games if they are going to progress.  I can't ever remember seeing a game where I've thought that we need to drop Enrique and that's what you're suggesting will happen.

Guest Brazilianbob

Wouldn't be surprised if van AAnholt returns to SJP in January as cover/competition for Jose.  Ancelotti doesn't seem to want inexperienced youngsters like van Aanholt in the Chelsea side.

Wouldn't be surprised if van AAnholt returns to SJP in January as cover/competition for Jose.  Ancelotti doesn't seem to want inexperienced youngsters like van Aanholt in the Chelsea side.

Too....take the place of Ashley Cole? Ok Then.

This is almost definitely just me being silly, but at times today he genuinely reminded me of Ben Arfa, the way he turned so quickly, beat men going forward and took loads of touches whilst on the ball. I love him.

PS - I thought this before I saw the pic of them together. :love: