Owen Setback, torn thigh muscle!

KaKa

Guest cfhpantera27

fuck sake, some of you are unbelievable.. i admit his injurys are frustrating, even more so to him..

when he is fit and scoring for fun (we've plenty of cover now until that happens),  lets see how many are wanting him to fuck off.. 

some fans on here just wait for somethin to happen to him then pounce on it..same thing happened all summer when all the daily rags were sayin he'd leave, and they were like good riddance..

he's still here and i for one am glad he is, show some support instead of all this bullshit

IMO Martins is better anyway.

How many people really expected Owen to come back after basically two years out and not pick up muscle injuries? No substitute for match practice/fitness. He'll never be truly fine but I'm sure he'll still contribute, people having a go what's the point? Just forget about it and get behind whoever plays instead.

Remember that thing that Wenger used to do? Tell everyone Henry or Pires or Ljungberg was injured and then play them at the last minute? Maybe it's something along those lines (Sheer optimism).

Owen misery, while Dyer deal stalls

By COLIN YOUNG and MATT BARLOW

Last updated at 20:53pm on 3rd August 2007

Allardyce had hoped to see Owen return at Hull in midweek but he is refusing to risk him for the first game of the season at Bolton next Saturday.

Allardyce said: 'It doesn't look as encouraging as we first thought. The tear in the muscle hasn't healed as quickly as we would like, so there's no point in making any rash decisions just to get him fit for the start of the season.

'It's about getting him 100 per cent for playing matches on a regular basis. That's why it has been more disappointing for him and for me that he's missed pre-season games more than training. He's done enough training to last him a lifetime.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473042&in_page_id=1779&ct=5&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

"It doesn't look as encouraging with Michael as we first thought. He's strained the muscle and it's not healing as quick as we'd like," explained Sam Allardyce, Newcastle's manager, who completed the signing of the former Brazil international defender Claudio Cacapa on a free transfer from Lyon last night and is now pursuing Manchester United's Mikael Silvestre and Wigan's Leighton Baines. "There's no point in making any rash decisions about getting him ready for the start of the season. It's about getting him 100% fit for the continuation of playing football matches on a regular basis. That's what we want."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2141459,00.html

f*** me, journalism in the UK is appalling.  Someone has altered a direct quote.

Guest Ridzuan

Well,disappointing news and I hope a speedy recovery for him.No point rushing him back and get him injured again.For now with the signing of Smith,I think this shouldnt be a big problem especially when we have Viduka to rely on.

Lucky to be at NUFC, sitting on huge wages whilst giving nothing back except empty words. Wont stop the ungrateful little b****** wanting a move away as soon as he gets the chance.

If Owen had had his own way, he'd have played 80 games the last two years, scored 50 goals, and earned himself a move to one of the big four. I bet he's as p*ssed off and frustrated as anyone with what's happened since he came here.

But as we all know, it hasnt been that way. Hes done absolutely fuck all except happily take home his huge wages for doing nothing, and although he cant be blamed for that entire, he still wanted to screw us over when the very first opportunity arose.

And without knowing the facts, which we'll never know, we wont know the extent to which he sacrificed the needs of the club for his own ambitions in situations specifically where it would have been better for all concerned for him to put the club first. For example, when we finished 7th under Roeder and missed out on a real challenge for 6th spot due to some poor results at the very end of the season - was Owen holding himself back from playing for us so that he wouldnt risk an injury just before the World Cup? IIRC, he was fit the entire time, yet didnt play. And if he wasnt fit, why go to the World Cup unfit and knowingly risk yourself? Personal ambition? Thats fine, but not if youve just been the main reason for your handsomly rewarding club having an utterly miserable season because youve been knackered the entire time, whilst its also common knowledge that youre injury prone and you arent fit at all.

At least more globally recognised mercernaries like Anelka actually give you something in return before putting the knife into the back of those supporting them. This one will happily dig it in behind the scenes after doing absolutely nothing in return except taking. We thought Liverpool fans were being bitter when they were warning us, but they were spot on.

Anyway, I still admire Owen as a player, when hes fully fit and on form, hes our best, and unless were going to buy someone in the same bracket as him, I dont see any point in selling now that we should be well off financially. Hope it works out for him and us, but im not going to forget how ungrateful he has been after all that has happened with him.

Owen misery, while Dyer deal stalls

By COLIN YOUNG and MATT BARLOW

Last updated at 20:53pm on 3rd August 2007

Allardyce had hoped to see Owen return at Hull in midweek but he is refusing to risk him for the first game of the season at Bolton next Saturday.

Allardyce said: 'It doesn't look as encouraging as we first thought. The tear in the muscle hasn't healed as quickly as we would like, so there's no point in making any rash decisions just to get him fit for the start of the season.

'It's about getting him 100 per cent for playing matches on a regular basis. That's why it has been more disappointing for him and for me that he's missed pre-season games more than training. He's done enough training to last him a lifetime.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473042&in_page_id=1779&ct=5&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

"It doesn't look as encouraging with Michael as we first thought. He's strained the muscle and it's not healing as quick as we'd like," explained Sam Allardyce, Newcastle's manager, who completed the signing of the former Brazil international defender Claudio Cacapa on a free transfer from Lyon last night and is now pursuing Manchester United's Mikael Silvestre and Wigan's Leighton Baines. "There's no point in making any rash decisions about getting him ready for the start of the season. It's about getting him 100% fit for the continuation of playing football matches on a regular basis. That's what we want."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2141459,00.html

f*** me, journalism in the UK is appalling.  Someone has altered a direct quote.

Good spot.

He's hardly needed anymore.

Last season we didn't have much up front, this season is a complete turnaround including an improving Luque that might make the EPL grade with a smidgeon of luck thrown in.

If we can afford his wages then we have a luxury in the sidelines waiting to help us out sometimes.

How can nearly every other player recover from injuries on time and this arsehole takes about a month just to recover from a torn muscle

i would accept £9million straight away

Guest Phil K

If Owen had had his own way, he'd have played 80 games the last two years, scored 50 goals, and earned himself a move to one of the big four. I bet he's as p*ssed off and frustrated as anyone with what's happened since he came here.

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

Owen in his last two seasons at Liverpool had a "sick note waver" reputation.

At Real Madrid he had the sick note rep, and here he's been far worse.

By all means believe in him - I stopped doing so, and regard him as a massive waste of money.

As do many other clubs, it would seem....

It must be said, though, that a strained muscle is actually torn. And the tear Owen has isn't of the kind where his muscle is completely torn off. In that case, he'd be out for many months and been incapable of walking. So basically, in the way the words are used, they are synonymous.

Guest niina

How can nearly every other player recover from injuries on time and this arsehole takes about a month just to recover from a torn muscle

i would accept £9million straight away

I remember in the last World Cup, Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen got injured. Rooney recover almost immediately, Owen recover almost 1 year after :D

The one thing in that article that would give me real cause for concern if I were are a Newcastle fan was the comment  "Dyer, who is desperate to move south to be closer to his family, last night found his hopes of joining West Ham fading when Newcastle's new owner Mike Ashley bumped up the price from £5m to £7m. .........................

.............There is a feeling on Tyneside that billionaire businessman Ashley is flexing his muscles in one of the first major transfers since he took control."

If I were Allardyce I would be seriously pissed off if the owner started to dabble in areas that the manger's recommendation should be followed.  If you're not going to follow the advice given by the manager, what's the point of the manager being there?  Maybe there is a real intention to get a DoF in and have Big Sam as the Head Coach .................. assuming he would wish to stay to keep that role.

The one thing in that article that would give me real cause for concern if I were are a Newcastle fan was the comment  "Dyer, who is desperate to move south to be closer to his family, last night found his hopes of joining West Ham fading when Newcastle's new owner Mike Ashley bumped up the price from £5m to £7m. .........................

.............There is a feeling on Tyneside that billionaire businessman Ashley is flexing his muscles in one of the first major transfers since he took control."

If I were Allardyce I would be seriously pissed off if the owner started to dabble in areas that the manger's recommendation should be followed.  If you're not going to follow the advice given by the manager, what's the point of the manager being there?  Maybe there is a real intention to get a DoF in and have Big Sam as the Head Coach .................. assuming he would wish to stay to keep that role.

It's too early to start having a pop MJ.  bluerazz.gif