Michael Chopra

Tsunami

A respected poster on another board posted the following:

Bolton was great. Stopped just outside (Walkdon?) and some pub put on chips and bread buns while the Sunderland game was on. Think I had about 5 chip butties which sorted me for the day.

Got to the ground just as the Sunderland game was finishing. Was hell on when Chopra scored the winner. Small groups were singing ‘Chopra is a paki’ which was pretty disgraceful, but I’m not exactly going to speak up and get my head kicked in.

Highlight was probably winding the Bolton fans up; every chant of ‘Big Sam’s black and white army’ was greeted by boos so we kept doing it all game. Once he came to the dugout in the second half we were all singing ‘Big Sam, give us a wave’ and whenever he waved to us the fans went mental.

Happy days.

Personally I don't want to kick up a shit storm, but I just wanted it conveyed to others that we just won't stand for this stupid behaviour, and if the masses stand up to it we can drive the cunts out of the club.

I don't know.

But I do know that he was very successful at Cardiff when given the opportunity.  As was Rasiak for Southampton, maybe Spurs judged too early?

I do know that Roy Keane thinks enough of him to slap down 5 mill. That well known transfer market genius Roy Keane, no chance he will make a mistake, certainly looks to have spent well so far

I do know that he turned the game on saturday. Didn't even play 45 mins but because he scored a goal he has definitely shown we have made a huge mistake.

I do know that we were made to look stupid to the tune of 4.5 mill in one year. Yeah because if we ignored the fact he was out of conract and forced him to stay here for a season we definitely would have gotten £5m if we chose to sell him this summer.

I do know that ameobi is a donkey who looks no better with or without a hip injury. I fact, I think he'd be about the same with or without a hip. For one who seems to moan about players being given chances it seems you may be making judgements on Ameobi post hip injury a little quickly no?

Ameobi - shit.

I don't know.

But I do know that he was very successful at Cardiff when given the opportunity.  As was Rasiak for Southampton, maybe Spurs judged too early?

I do know that Roy Keane thinks enough of him to slap down 5 mill. That well known transfer market genius Roy Keane, no chance he will make a mistake, certainly looks to have spent well so far

I do know that he turned the game on saturday. Didn't even play 45 mins but because he scored a goal he has definitely shown we have made a huge mistake.

I do know that we were made to look stupid to the tune of 4.5 mill in one year. Yeah because if we ignored the fact he was out of conract and forced him to stay here for a season we definitely would have gotten £5m if we chose to sell him this summer.

I do know that ameobi is a donkey who looks no better with or without a hip injury. I fact, I think he'd be about the same with or without a hip. For one who seems to moan about players being given chances it seems you may be making judgements on Ameobi post hip injury a little quickly no?

Ameobi - shit.

Chopra - Always behind Shola in the pecking order.

A respected poster on another board posted the following:

Bolton was great. Stopped just outside (Walkdon?) and some pub put on chips and bread buns while the Sunderland game was on. Think I had about 5 chip butties which sorted me for the day.

Got to the ground just as the Sunderland game was finishing. Was hell on when Chopra scored the winner. Small groups were singing ‘Chopra is a paki’ which was pretty disgraceful, but I’m not exactly going to speak up and get my head kicked in.

Highlight was probably winding the Bolton fans up; every chant of ‘Big Sam’s black and white army’ was greeted by boos so we kept doing it all game. Once he came to the dugout in the second half we were all singing ‘Big Sam, give us a wave’ and whenever he waved to us the fans went mental.

Happy days.

Personally I don't want to kick up a s*** storm, but I just wanted it conveyed to others that we just won't stand for this stupid behaviour, and if the masses stand up to it we can drive the c***s out of the club.

with you on this,if that comes out on saturday i'll not be able to say nowt..............not brave but stupid!

I don't know.

Ameobi - shit.

Chopra - Always behind Shola in the pecking order.

Yup.

two players who are never going to be good enough for anything but a bottom third team in the Prem, but more comfortable in a decent Championship side.

PS - Shola for England. PMSL. All over the fucking place.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=37510.0

Nugent: 2 games, 0 goals. Fell, slipped and missed chances in tonight's game.

Chopra: 2 Games, 2 Goals.

Discuss.

PS: I hope people don't think I have something against the former, I want both these lads to succeed.

But some of the comments in the  thread mentioned above, where people rated Nugent far higher than Chops, now seem a tad suspect.

I really don't understand the mentality. OH i hope he does really well at our most hated rival club. If he does well, it generally means they will. OH i just love seeing the way he goes on in his deckchaired resemblant top when he scores.

Made me squirm in my knickers when he was almost apologising for his goal celebration against them, first premiership goal celebration my arse, it was against the mackems that's why he went off it. He never went on like that all of the time with his goals for Cardiff, so why now at the mackems? False as fuck.

Such childish comments from TM...Chopra deserved better than what he was served at NUFC...How hard is it to comprehend that ?

Guest Toony™®

nice finish.. anyone who have followed his development knows that he could score those goals easy as he is a natural finisher ..like i said before..he didn't want to leave Newcastle and the management knew that...hence they mentioned new striker will becoming in to replace shearer that summer .. he was told to look for a club or be a reserve striker behind the proven internationals..

He was offered a long term contract at Cardiff for his long term security whereas we offered a contract just so we could get a fee from any club interested in him  otherwise he would of gone for nothing and there were a fair few in the championship. 

then the day he signed ... Owen gets injured in the WC and instead of shearer's replacement we get Owen's ( Martins) - we ask him ala Ferdinad backtrack would he reconsider after the deal is dusted with cardiff.

i am more Pee'd off we didnt had a sell on clause.

He had nothing to prove to the todays management..but he didnt get a fair crack.

He will defn get 15 goals this yr.... and hopefully he will move on..

He stated last season his ultimate goal is to return to us. 

but that will depend on what type of striker we will be looking for.

Just saw the goal.

What a fuckin' goal.

Screw all of you lot.

Howay The Chopz!

I hate Sunderland -- I have to spell it all out so that you narrowminded people understand.

And yes, it's only two games in, I'm not kneejerkin', but attempting to provide food for thought.

Well done Chops!

Never had the chance to make it here because of the impatience of the "greatest football supporters the world has ever had".

He is a natural goalscorer and was always going to improve as he gained experience and confidence. As Toony said above, a sell on clause would have been prudent, but I wonder if this would have scuppered his move to the Mackems.

Don't really think his failure to make it here was anything to do with the supporters at all.

It was more the manager not giving him a decent run in the team (roeder or Souness).

Most people on here would rather have seen him play than Rossi when we had him.