Michael Chopra

Tsunami

This should be a good test, going up against a team with a decent striker for a change.

Yep, some of the teams we have played so far have been alright until it gets to the final third. This is match will test our defence more than they have been so far.

Chopra didn't look strong enough for the Premiership, and didn't quite have the pace to compensate for that weakness. Defenders were just able to bully him off the ball.

He's got a good instinct for where the goal is though and is a natural finisher. I'm still undecided on whether he's entitled to the same excuse Owen used in that he needed chances created for him because with us and Sunderland he wasn't playing in front of the most creative midfields.

Sunderland was the worst move possible for him-they hated him for just being from your neck of the woods.Not only that but they used him in a different way to Cardiff and he had some big off the field probs.Now that he's back with us and enjoying life again he's on fire @ the moment.

Taffy I think your wrong about hating him at the start he won them over with his goal at SOL against Spurs (they even sang "Chopra is one us") of course that soured badly with THAT PASS against us.

At times they certainly did play him differently, some games on the flank in a 442, out wide in 433, chucked on late in games. His 6 PL goals in his one full season at SAFC is around par for most attacking players at most bottom half clubs. Of course he looks better in FL as most good/decent players will.

I think he in the PL if he was played as striker he could be a double digit for goals player but I don't think he would be 20 goal a season man though.

:iamatwat:yea I know :facepalm:but he'd be the first to admit that every thing that hits him at the mo seems to go in.And when its your player you don't mind so much

Guest Geordiekev

Showed he is a Championship striker today.

Yep. A few tidy touches and passes, but could tell he's not a Premiership player.

Easy to say that now, I'd be a total liar if I was to say I wasn't worried about his presence today and expected him to put one past us. Luckily for us he failed today but I'm not gonna slate the lad as I would love to see him back here.

Anyways 3 ponts in the bag and 2 points clear :snod: