How do people think Mort is doing so far?

Parky

He seems a very honest and decent sort and truly a 'details' person. I think he has a very good understanding of how business 'deals' and how business should work. However he might have been a little slow to adapt to the fooball environment as was hinted at by SA.

His interviews have been steady and he has made it clear with regard to the debt management and long term planning for the club.

He seems a little safety first but that is what we needed at this time.

Doubts still linger in some circles whether they see Sam as their ideal choice as manager yet he has gone to lengths to dismiss them.

I don't think we will see Mort's real contribution filter through for a couple of seasons yet.

Thoughts?

He's spent money. That's all that's really been required of him so far, and all the majority of fans care about.

Other than that, I'm impressed with his willingness to get involved with the fans so early on, and his attitude to the local rags.

He seems honest and says the right things. But that's a lawyer for you. It's hard to judge what he's really doing as we don't know quite what's going on behind the scenes. I was encouraged to hear talk about investing in the academy and training facilities and other backstage stuff as this is evidence of the right kind of long-term thinking as well as providing the sort of infrastructure a manager with Allardyce's skill set needs. The lack of bullshit is a refreshing change after years of Shepherd and I like the emphasis on doing things "properly". I'm happy enough for now.

Personally I couldn't be happier with his efforts so far. Has remained cool, calm and collected and is a very presentable figurehead for our club. What has pleased me so far has been his care not to talk big then produce F-all in the way of 'pleasant surprises'. In contrast, he has damped down expectations then really has produced some pleasant surprises!

Very impressed so far.

He's a  corporate animal. Plays the PR game pretty well but he will pull the dagger when it has to be done. So we got early doors stuff like keeping  Shepherd on "for continuity"  and also public words to the effect that the most important thing was that Freddy recovers from his illness. Yet when the time was right Shepherd senior and junior were despatched without ceremony - and tbh thats the way the corporate world works. And tbh thats the way it has to be if the club is to move on. It's a massive business and I have no problem with that.

He's doing what any DECENT Chairman should do - working quietly in the background, supporting the manager, and concentrating on the club's future development as well as presenting a well-moderated and coherent face to the fans & media - who wants anything else ?

Shepherd back anyone ? Or the likes of Ellis perhaps....!!?

He's not used the press to get his name/face out there in the same way as Shepherd did, or to bleat on all the time as Allardyce has a history of, so good for him.

I don't think he's made any overt mistakes, and the review he's carrying out is exactly what we've been crying out for since how many years ago?

He's a cunt, the kind of kid I used to melvin at school!

Should have had a much better standard of player available to us, but overall i'm happy with the guys he's brought in! Although Viduka is a slight dissapointment to me, but that can change over the course of a few matches!  He just needs a goal!

Not Morts fault i suppose as it's Ashley that makes the wonga available.

He's a cunt, the kind of kid I used to melvin at school!

Should have had a much better standard of player available to us, but overall i'm happy with the guys he's brought in! Although Viduka is a slight dissapointment to me, but that can change over the course of a few matches!  He just needs a goal!

Surley you'd have been beter of calling him "Chris", or "Christopher". If you called him Melvin and he didn't answer, he wasn't being a cunt, it's just not his name.

He's a c***, the kind of kid I used to melvin at school!

Surley you'd have been beter of calling him "Chris", or "Christopher". If you called him Melvin and he didn't answer, he wasn't being a c***, it's just not his name.

Errr what?

I'm on about pulling someone's undercrackers right up there arse!

Surley you'd have been beter of calling him "Chris", or "Christopher". If you called him Melvin and he didn't answer, he wasn't being a c***, it's just not his name.

Errr what?

Oh, sorry. I thought you were on about name-calling, not physical bullying. Well done you.

Errr what?

Oh, sorry. I thought you were on about name-calling, not physical bullying. Well done you.

:lol:

Errr what?

Stringing them up on the pegs in the changing room's was my main subject at school!

But nooooooooo! the school board  doesn't give you any merits for showing injunuity!