New five year deal for N'Zogbia

Dave

To think how close we came to doing irreparable damage to our relationship with Zog and losing him in the window is pretty scary. Just as well we got rid of Roeder when we did and Sam arrived in time to salvage the situation.

Fact.

To think how close we came to doing irreparable damage to our relationship with Zog and losing him in the window is pretty scary. Just as well we got rid of Roeder when we did and Sam arrived in time to salvage the situation.

Roeder was such a prick he spent more time trying to associate himself with other teams stars like Joe Cole and Defoe in a pathetic effort to boost his image, while ignoring the obvious talent right on his doorstep.

Big Sam's quick action in tieing up a young star has only emphasised Roeder's buffoonery. 5 yrs for the Zog - in effect a bunch of 5 for Roeder  :knuppel2:

Guest Guinness

Cracking news :). It would have been an absolute travesty to let him go, he's got so much potential and is already proving himself to be one of our most influential players. That's both him and Milner tied down to long term deals, good stuff :thup:.

Guest LucaAltieri

He even laughed in the interview when it was mentioned about how many of the new signings speak French. :D

He is happy here now but Roeder and Souness very nearly lost him for us..

As much as I dislike Souness, you can't pin that on him. He did nothing but good for N'Zogbia. He got games regularly. Was always praising his performances. Saw his potential to play out on the wing.

It was Roeder that cocked it up, signing Duff and generally being a tit towards the Zog.

Guest elbee909

I didn't hear N'Zogbia coming out and saying he wanted to stay, but now the transfer window's closed, no surprise he's signed on...

Oh sorry, I was in 'typical have a go at Michael Owen' mode, when this is about N'Zogbia, silly me.