Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle (Carling Cup) - 25/09/07

Newcastle Fan

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Martins is still s*** though.

Quite, from the sounds of it that Arsenal team would of given every team outside the top 4 a run for their money.

Guest Geordiesned

The Radio Newcastle commentary was an absolute disgrace.  Lowes and Anderson clearly have something against Martins, and were almost willing Arsenal to score near the end, what with all the "beautiful football" they were playing.  Wankers.

Amazingly didn't have a bad word to say about Shola who did nothing! but had a go at Martins at every opportunity!

"Shola has failed to deliver again" as he was subbed off. Praise indeed from Radio Newcastle.

at least we got geremi, viduka and butt a rest while getting emre back into the fold. though i have been talking a s*** ton of s*** on emre's shittyness lately.  given sounded top class, we've got a real goalkeeping battle on our hands

How many times are you going to post this?  bluelaugh.gif

as many times as it takes with all the insanity going on on this board right now

God some right doom mongers on here, we beat one of our rivals on Sunday then lose to a team full of quality youngesters playing at home with no pressure and a huge number of fans behind them and we're suddenly s***.

f*** a duck, we win a game we're f****** immense, we lose one and we're relegation fodder.

You've been posting on here long enough to know that the majority on here only exist at one end or the other of the Newcastle Online Delirium Spectrum.  Tonight is the turn of "deliriously unhappy". 

The sensible few capable of thought beyond this base level usually get drowned out by the mongs.

Better than Milner though.

Pie will you change the f****** record

Not until the spotty fucker is out of the first team. I'll give the fucker a piggy back if it gets him there any quicker.

Viloins are going on Newcastle World ...

Who is going to do Owen's job, boo hoo! Martins not good enough, Fack right off!

Martins has been on the bench the last two weeks. What the hell do you expect? Plus he had that big strapping stud of a man Shola too make his job so much easier right? Bollocks!

:lol:  He's been on the bench for two weeks and he's managed to forget how to put the ball into an open goal.  If we keep him on the bench for another two weeks he might forget how to control the ball too.  Oh wait.

Guest optimistic nit

Martins is having another good game, I see.  Defo should be starting him ahead of Owen when they're both fit.

helpful

:lol: Short of getting on the pitch, there's not a lot I can do to help mate.  It's the internet.

You on the pitch? As what a f****** streaker?  :lol:

:lol: Cheeky fucker.

But seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again:  that lad is a poor man's Yakubu.  I'm sick of hearing people tell me how I've got an irrational hatred of him blah blah.  I haven't.  He's just not very good at all.

Its a fine line between being not very good and excellent. He should have put that away and has the ability to do so too.

Is it on the telly over there?

erm, it was an open goal. the second he's missed in 2 games. i'm a martins fan, but he simply has to score those.

at least we got geremi, viduka and butt a rest while getting emre back into the fold. though i have been talking a s*** ton of s*** on emre's shittyness lately.  given sounded top class, we've got a real goalkeeping battle on our hands

Anderson did have a go at Ameobi tonight, saying that he 'hadn't done enough/missed his chance' when he went off. No disgrace to lose at Highbury - I just thought we'd have made a much better go of it. Still much work to do for Fat Sam.

Did you hear him on Sunday pre-match saying he offered more than Viduka "because he's just that bit stronger"

Not surprised with the result or the pattern of the game. We are a new team where it is always easier to organise a defence then to score. We are in for a lot of 0-0 adm 1-0 games this season which I think we'll edge in general.

Most teams will play deep and solid against Arsenal's kids and hope for a goal on the break or from a corner. We gave ourselves a chance tonight even if it didn't work.

Arsenal's kids are so good because Wenger is a great coach, with a great scouting network and a 10 year history in the job.

We have improved since last year and it is clear we will improve as the season progresses but it will be a year of learning. Give Sam time.

Better than Milner though.

Yes of course he is Pie :lol:

Alright. Fuck off now.

Anderson did have a go at Ameobi tonight, saying that he 'hadn't done enough/missed his chance' when he went off. No disgrace to lose at Highbury - I just thought we'd have made a much better go of it. Still much work to do for Fat Sam.

Did you hear him on Sunday pre-match saying he offered more than Viduka "because he's just that bit stronger"

Eh?

Alright. Fuck off now.

:thup: