Newcastle 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 22/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 17

James

soz boys i dont think barton was poor at all he was the only midfield player looking for a pass to relieve pressure from the ball player and thats been the missing link to our team since the start of the season

Really looking forward to him getting into full fitness and form.

I really hated the way we played in the last 10 minutes. We're not a possession side, and with Martins alone up front the ball was never going to stick.

Emre just doesn't play for the team. With Butt in the anchor role, he needed to get forward, but he wants to be a playmaker so they end up playing side by side. We were getting overwhelmed after Spurs scored. Barton looked unfit, but his arrival gave the team and the crowd a lift, and that led to the third goal, which was all important.

Some lessons learned. Martins and Owen are not a combination, and Martins is not a £15 million player.

Jol will not be sacked this week. Heard it here first.

Ok all you doubters. You have been Deeped. As for Jol he stays beyond this week.

I wonder why you are top of your predict-a-score league.... :lol:

How can one hear something NOT happening first? :lol:

Not really at all sure what the Spurs gameplan was.

No bottle or ideas just like us under Roeder last season, Jol to be sacked tomorrow.  :celb:

I really hated the way we played in the last 10 minutes. We're not a possession side, and with Martins alone up front the ball was never going to stick.

Emre just doesn't play for the team. With Butt in the anchor role, he needed to get forward, but he wants to be a playmaker so they end up playing side by side. We were getting overwhelmed after Spurs scored. Barton looked unfit, but his arrival gave the team and the crowd a lift, and that led to the third goal, which was all important.

Some lessons learned. Martins and Owen are not a combination, and Martins is not a £15 million player.

are you off your head?

thought we did a good job last ten mins... killed the game

Courtesy of http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/226778.aspx

The spuds finally realised the worth of Nemo...

no one deserves a good rank thsi is mine (yes I am ready for the slating)

cerny-5.5 decent

chimbonda-3 awful defending

dawson-2.5 realy awful defending

kaboul-4

lee-4

steed-3 rubbish

zokora-2.5 not good at all

jenas-0 FUCK OFF! JUST F^CK OFF!!

tainio-2 same old tainio does nothing

bent-4

keane-4 both tried

berbatov-4.4

lennon-4

bale- none

Cerny - 6 Could do nothing with the goals

Chimbonda - 5 Stayed back a lot more, nice cross for our goal

Dawson - 3 Shocking, worst game I've seen from him. Basic defending gone out of the window and ridiculous long balls

Kaboul - 4 Looked very nervous and seemed out of position a bit

Lee - 5 Poor crossing etc etc

Malbranque - 5 Was he playing?

Zokora - 5 Played in bursts, couple of nice runs. Just wish he could pass

Jenas - 1 He is shocking. Lacks any bollocks.

Bale - 6 Our one positive and he got subbed. We missed him badly, which shows what a state we're in when we rely on an 18 year old

Bent - 5 Wasted a couple of good chances

Keane - 5 Fairly anonymous

Subs:

Tainio - 5 Nothing

Berbatov - 5 Couple of nice touches

Lennon - 5 Nothing

awww i fuckin love Newcastle, just picked up a cool 170 quid after tonight.

great result.  :celb:

Nice, correct score bet?

i had 3 different bets, had a Newcastle + hull double that won me 50 quid, Martins to score first won me 50 quid and 3-1 won me 70 quid :D

Nice, correct score bet?

i had 3 different bets, had a Newcastle + hull double that won me 50 quid, Martins to score first won me 50 quid and 3-1 won me 70 quid :D

ive never had the balls to bet.. always think it jinxes them

Never watched it but it seems like Dawson had a blinder for Newcastle :lol:

I expected you to win, guessed 2-1 though so just as well I never stuck a tenner on it

Dawson was laughable, as as Jenas, Zokora and Bent not much better. wish we could play them every week.

think Kaboul looks like a decent player tho, shame he's surrounded by shit.

Nice, correct score bet?

Hats off to you then  blueyes.gif

FUCKING GET IN THERE!

Butchered the bastards (bar that 15 minute spell in the second half when my ringpiece was going like the clappers.)

Thankyou Michael Dawson, thankyou Jermaine Jenas.

Cacapa and Butt were immense for us, the former is fast becoming a favourite of mine.

Tbf, I thought Spurs' game suffered when Bale went off but then our game suffered even more when Zoggy went off. Milner wasn't in the game at all and thus we couldn't hold onto the ball, which meant Spurs really dominated. Thumbs up to Martins, Faye, Butt and Enrique especially. Owen played within himself today and I'm slightly worried about Beye and how often he seems to get skinned.