Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

In the summer, we knew that we shouldnt expect to just have instant success and to win every home game against everyone who isnt top 4..... and to be fair to Portsmouth, they have been blinding so far this season and are a team that Harry has been building for longer than SA has.

Still doesnt help the fact that scorelines like this hurt like hell

Edit... it was 1-3 when I started this post... the hurt continues

Its been coming for a while now, were playing shite, and have had some lucky results. Today we've been found out big style.

Not impressed with SA on the pitch so far, he's no better than previous.

How f****** unfair is that for Taylor, the lad murderd himself on the pitch today but thanks to that OG he's going to be dropped come next game.

I don't give a fig for defenders who murder themselves, I want defenders who break down attacks sensibly, keep their head and provide good ball to the midfield. Taylor hasn't done much of any of those today, he'll sit on the bench and wish he'd signed a contract extension for a while.

I'm not that pissed about his OG, more that he's been running about like a headless chicken. Then again, no-one else was doing anything so at least maybe mindless effort is better than none.

We've had a decent start considering how we have been for the past few seasons, you've still got to give SA the time, granted we've had some very poor results but he's a manager not a god.

We've probably had the easiest fixtures of all the teams in the league.. we've played the 5 bottom sides and still haven't played any of the top 4.