Steve McClaren

Dave

Would be funny if he did get the boot, for him to hop on his moped and head north thinking he can just walk in to SJP only for him to get two finger salute from Big Mike and see Garde getting unveiled as new toon boss.  :laugh:

Other side of that his he rocks up and Charver is being knighted by Charnley for "saving" us! :kasper:

Guest firetotheworks

Having both McClaren and 'boro back in the Premier League in the same season, with McClaren as our manager and Ashley as our owner would be my own special brand of football-based hell like.

I'd be happy if they announced a dog turd as head coach, just not Carver. Would talk less shite.

No, fuck that.  I'm fed up with being happy they only punched us in the face instead of kicking us in the balls.  Get a proper, decent manager with a bit of pedigree in and a proper coaching staff and we'll talk.

I'd be happy if they announced a dog turd as head coach, just not Carver. Would talk less shite.

No, fuck that.  I'm fed up with being happy they only punched us in the face instead of kicking us in the balls.  Get a proper, decent manager with a bit of pedigree in and a proper coaching staff and we'll talk.

Aye, I might have been a tad sarcastic. A dog turd would contribute more than Carver though.

If he comes he HAS to get rid of all the coaching staff. If he does that imo he deserves a chance.

He is a very good coach, maybe a tad uninspiring as a manager but maybe with the club set up, hwe could work well with Carr and some talented back room staff.

Cull the fucking lot of em. Charver, Woodman, Stone, Beardsley. the lot.

The fact the club  have not announced that Carver won't get the job, is probably the only reason why some would be happy with Mcclaren.

And that's the reason they're NOT announcing he won't get the job, so that more people are happy when McClaren does get the job.

We simple can't afford to hire a manager with zero personality. We need someone that can inspire the players and the fans and bring them back to the club.

Mclaren will get the job. Mates with Carr, has local connections and understands the area. An upgrade on Pardew but why appoint mediocre.

If he comes he HAS to get rid of all the coaching staff. If he does that imo he deserves a chance.

He is a very good coach, maybe a tad uninspiring as a manager but maybe with the club set up, hwe could work well with Carr and some talented back room staff.

Cull the fucking lot of em. Charver, Woodman, Stone, Beardsley. the lot.

I imagine he's being hired because he's happy for the current coaching staff to stay on, which says a lot about his standards if that's how it pans out.

The players clearly don't want or like Carver looking at yesterday, keeping him on even as a coach is not going to help team morale. I still fully expect him to he here next season in some capacity.

Cull the f***ing lot of em. Charver, Woodman, Stone, Beardsley. the lot.

I imagine he's being hired because he's happy for the current coaching staff to stay on, which says a lot about his standards if that's how it pans out.

If that's the case then he deserves shit from day one. I actually think he is a far better coach than many on here seem to be believe.

But if he agrees to work with the utter clueless cretins we have currently then unless he starts like a fooking train then he will deservedly get pelters.

Doesn't compensation for sacked managers usually mean if they take a new job they only get a pro-rata amount of the compensation I.e. the longer he is out of work the more money he gets from the club who sacked him?

I can't see why he'd be in a rush to come to NUFC if he's owed 3 years pay from Derby.

I can't see why he'd be in a rush to come to NUFC if he's owed 3 years pay from Derby.

Higher salary and a chance to work in the Prem again.