Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

No evidence at all to suggest a failed manager would magically make a good coach.

I think we need either coaches who have a proven track record of improving players or young coaches who have fresh new ideas

Could hardly call Clark failed. Did well for Huddersfield and managed to keep a shite Birmingham up.

Actually, your right he is shite. Who am I kidding?

Quite like the bloke though.

Him being a fairly well liked local lad is all that he has going for him. The Huddersfield fans hated him by the end as well, regardless of them being unbeaten.

Why's that then? Bland football?

How can they HATE a manager who keeps the unbeaten?

Fair enough wanting more but HATE.

They spent a shit ton to get promoted, the football was turgid and a lot of the unbeaten games were draws.

Guest neesy111

Clark is not a good manager.  The two teams he was sacked from instantly improved after he left them.

Saying he kept Birmingham up is outrageous like. :lol:

They'd just finished 4th when he took the job, and have just finished 10th after sacking him when looking again to be in real trouble.

Clark was a decent enough player, but he lacks the brains to be a good manager. He doesn't strike me as having much intellect at all to be honest.

You don't know the half of it, mate. :lol:

Guest chopey

I played against Clark in the 1987 Tyneside exhibition he was a great player but I've no idea how intelligent he was

Clark did well when he had Derek Fazackerley working alongside him at Huddersfield.  If we're looking at appointing a Clark as a coach we'd be far better off looking at the guy who actually did all the coaching for Clark.

I wouldn't mind Clark personally

Why would McClaren bring in Lee Clark? Wouldn't he prefer his own backroom staff rather than add to the collection of local favourites already stealing a living here? If he doesn't bring his own staff he's not taking the job seriously IMO.

Clark was a decent enough player, but he lacks the brains to be a good manager. He doesn't strike me as having much intellect at all to be honest.

Whilst I don't know him well, I have met him and chatted to him. Whilst pleasant enough, he struck me as the kind of chap who could be outwitted by a mushroom.

Whilst I don't know him well, I have met him and chatted to him. Whilst pleasant enough, he struck me as the kind of chap who could be outwitted by a mushroom.

:lol: :thup:

Hoping he brings Steve Round back here and Steele. Would be a huge improvement on what we have. Not sure about Paul Simpson.

Would rather Clark than Stone or Carver. I'd think he would only come in if the other two departed.

Hoping he brings Steve Round back here and Steele. Would be a huge improvement on what we have. Not sure about Paul Simpson.

Would rather Clark than Stone or Carver. I'd think he would only come in if the other two departed.

Would rather have none of them. They're all ass-kissing failures who believe they're entitled to work here because they're good Jawdie lads.

‘We see this as a long-term decision,’ he said.

‘We’ve got a number of options and clearly my preference is to try and find someone to bring in now.

‘However, because it will be a long-term commitment, if I have to wait until the summer for what I believe is the right individual then I would rather wait than actually take someone now who I think isn’t the best fit.

‘I’m not going to take someone who is free and available now if we have a better option and options by waiting until the end of the season. I know that won’t be an entirely popular point of view but for me that is the most sensible thing to do. It is about the medium to long term and ensuring we get the “right one”.’

Charnley in January, did we really think he was waiting for de boer to finish the season with Ajax, garde so he could bring his own back room staff, laudrup to run out of contract, no waiting for Mcclaren to fail to get promoted,this fucking club man!!

let's face it all part of the plan to ensure we don't win anything and Ashley gets away with not selling the club until he wins something,as stated in his interview. The only thing going for us is, Empires are built and everyone of them fall, same with Ashley, heart attack or ill health or Sports Direct collapses.

Would rather have none of them. They're all ass-kissing failures who believe they're entitled to work here because they're good Jawdie lads.

Me too on both Account Dont need Clark, Stone and Carver them Geordie stoogs. His coaching team at Derby are light years a head of us.