Steve McClaren

Dave

Hoping he brings Steve Round back here and Steele. Would be a huge improvement on what we have. Not sure about Paul Simpson.

Would rather Clark than Stone or Carver. I'd think he would only come in if the other two departed.

To be fair the Chuckle Brothers would be a step-up.

Hoping he brings Steve Round back here and Steele. Would be a huge improvement on what we have. Not sure about Paul Simpson.

Would rather Clark than Stone or Carver. I'd think he would only come in if the other two departed.

To be fair the Chuckle Brothers would be a step-up.

1-2s would be a lot better.

Would rather have none of them. They're all ass-kissing failures who believe they're entitled to work here because they're good Jawdie lads.

Me too on both Account Dont need Clark, Stone and Carver them Geordie stoogs. His coaching team at Derby are light years a head of us.

If he doesn't bring his own staff to work with him I won't be giving him the time of day. It will only prove that Ashley's penny pinching is set to continue and the interview he gave was yet more lies.

Would rather have none of them. They're all ass-kissing failures who believe they're entitled to work here because they're good Jawdie lads.

Me too on both Account Dont need Clark, Stone and Carver them Geordie stoogs. His coaching team at Derby are light years a head of us.

If he doesn't bring his own staff to work with him I won't be giving him the time of day. It will only prove that Ashley's penny pinching is set to continue and the interview he gave was yet more lies.

I really don't think additional proof is necessary like

No but it will underline the policy pretty clearly. No coach who serious about the job would come without bringing his own staff.

No but it will underline the policy pretty clearly. No coach who serious about the job would come without bringing his own staff.

true - but there is often a few staff from the previous regime kept around because they know the club and the players, admittedly not many as inept as the clowns we employ.  As long as he brings in his own key staff i can live with Carver and Stone being retained for cone duties.  Not Woodman though - not sure what it is about him but i can't even look at him without gretting annoyed.

true - but there is often a few staff from the previous regime kept around because they know the club and the players, admittedly not many as inept as the clowns we employ.  As long as he brings in his own key staff i can live with Carver and Stone being retained for cone duties.  Not Woodman though - not sure what it is about him but i can't even look at him without gretting annoyed.

Yeah I said earlier in this thread that there is enough menial jobs that can be passed around to the current coaching team, we are run on a skeleton staff as it is so there should be no problem with McClaren bringing in at least a couple of key coaches from Derby. It would be a show of intent from all involved at the club. Not much of one admittedly,but still a million miles away from leaving the club in Carver's hands for half a season.

Carver/Stone staying is much less of a problem if another couple of McClaren's people are added. Can't see that happening though.

Why not? You don't think McClaren would want the right staff alongside him? Allardyce supposedly had a team of 40 when he was here. I would think a manager who is serious about his job would want the right people around him.

Carver/Stone staying is much less of a problem if another couple of McClaren's people are added. Can't see that happening though.

Why not? You don't think McClaren would want the right staff alongside him? Allardyce supposedly had a team of 40 when he was here. I would think a manager who is serious about his job would want the right people around him.

Are there even 40 people employed by us inclusive of playing staff now? :lol:

Are there even 40 people employed by us inclusive of playing staff now? :lol:

Well when Pardew took the video analyst guy to Palace with him, apparently we handed the job to Peter Beardsley' son. "There ye gan son you have a go." O0

Yeah I said earlier in this thread that there is enough menial jobs that can be passed around to the current coaching team, we are run on a skeleton staff as it is so there should be no problem with McClaren bringing in at least a couple of key coaches from Derby. It would be a show of intent from all involved at the club. Not much of one admittedly,but still a million miles away from leaving the club in Carver's hands for half a season.

Totally agree with this.

I think he would want his own staff obviously, I just don't think Ashley will employ them. Seems to have been a stumbling block with Garde and Vieira already, don't see any reason Ashley would change to get McClaren.

Hope he gets them obviously.

I don't think McClaren even wants this job that much really. If he did he wouldn't have turned us down twice to stay with a team in the Championship. Basically I think we are clearly desperate for him to take the job for some reason, kept offering it to him and when he eventually found himself out of a job this was just too easy a paycheck to turn down.

It's like having some lass who constantly tries to shag you but you say no cause you've got a girlfriend and she's a bit of a skank, then you get dumped and just think fuck it I may as well shag the shank for a bit until something better comes along

I don't think McClaren even wants this job that much really. If he did he wouldn't have turned us down twice to stay with a team in the Championship. Basically I think we are clearly desperate for him to take the job for some reason, kept offering it to him and when he eventually found himself out of a job this was just too easy a paycheck to turn down.

It's like having some lass who constantly tries to shag you but you say no cause you've got a girlfriend and she's a bit of a skank, then you get dumped and just think fuck it I may as well shag the shank for a bit until something better comes along

Chicane articulates the situation perfectly.