Steve McClaren

Dave

What is worrying is that we didn't appear to have any sort of game plan today or if we did the players completely ignored it. The sending off was stupid but the fact is that we were all over the place well before then and teams a lot worse than Swansea would have beaten us on that showing. You can't go away from home and not compete.

We rarely do imo. Obviously this is going back past McClaren but so often we just look like 11 disparate players meandering around doing their own thing hoping something clicks rather than a cohesive unit with any sort of game plan.

I think a lot of opinions,mine anyway are based on him and his overall record as a manager. That may be wrong but we already know he's not a great manager nor a great appointment and basically saying give him time is settling for mediocrity again.

I think what I'm trying to say is although we can't judge him after two games, we can judge him on his overall career and that isn't suddenly going to change here. For me it's just an overall realisation that things aren't going to be much better in the long term, although obviously better than Pardew.

He's another one of these coaches that is negative when it comes to opposition. Wish we would get someone pro active instead of reactive

http://blindsquirrelprops.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/poochie_old01.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

I rate the bloke and actually like him, but he is not and never will be a NUFC manager/coach. NUFC require brave and optimistic managers who fly against the wind if you like, even if they are shit. McClaren will achieve the same kind of shit as Pardew, but only dressed slightly better. We are a club going nowhere because from the top the whole mentality is to make do, to do the bare minimum. McClaren and all these new coaches are basically a PR excercise from the top. McClaren under say FS would have half a chance, under Ashley he has none. I guarantee we will be fighting another relegation battle and come January fans will be in his back massively.

I rate the bloke and actually like him, but he is not and never will be a NUFC manager/coach. NUFC require brave and optimistic managers who fly against the wind if you like, even if they are s***. McClaren will achieve the same kind of s*** as Pardew, but only dressed slightly better. We are a club going nowhere because from the top the whole mentality is to make do, to do the bare minimum. McClaren and all these new coaches are basically a PR excercise from the top. McClaren under say FS would have half a chance, under Ashley he has none. I guarantee we will be fighting another relegation battle and come January fans will be in his back massively.

Agreed although the fixture list means the fans will be on his back by around October.

We've got a new back room staff in and we'll have someone whose sole job will be to assess the opposition in the run up to the game and this will largely determine how the manager sets his side up. That being the case either our preparation was awful or the players didn't execute the plan. We had players out there today who shouldn't be allowed near the starting 11 if we'd recruited properly. No team spirit or togetherness and a complete lack of onfield encouragement or leadership. For the second game of the season that is unacceptable.

I rate the bloke and actually like him, but he is not and never will be a NUFC manager/coach. NUFC require brave and optimistic managers who fly against the wind if you like, even if they are s***. McClaren will achieve the same kind of s*** as Pardew, but only dressed slightly better. We are a club going nowhere because from the top the whole mentality is to make do, to do the bare minimum. McClaren and all these new coaches are basically a PR excercise from the top. McClaren under say FS would have half a chance, under Ashley he has none.

Some serious overreacting going on on this board (both positive or negative).

Truth is, it's waaaayy to early to judge his team...especially not after a game when we effectively out of it after 40 mins.

Judging a manager based on recent performances is not the same as completely writing him off.

I rate the bloke and actually like him, but he is not and never will be a NUFC manager/coach. NUFC require brave and optimistic managers who fly against the wind if you like, even if they are shit. McClaren will achieve the same kind of shit as Pardew, but only dressed slightly better. We are a club going nowhere because from the top the whole mentality is to make do, to do the bare minimum. McClaren and all these new coaches are basically a PR excercise from the top. McClaren under say FS would have half a chance, under Ashley he has none. I guarantee we will be fighting another relegation battle and come January fans will be in his back massively.

:thup:

Who actually thought we would do well with Southampton Swansea then Man Utd and Arsenal? People are getting carried away way too quick.

Who would have thought Everton would go to Southampton and beat them 3-0 or who would have thought that West Ham would beat Arsenal 2-0 away? Are we the only ones who have to see our results go the way that you expect? 

What a turnaround in opinions from last week :lol:

Anyone who thought anything else is either clueless or just ignoring the obvious - you do not get sacked by a Championship club if you're any good

I think a lot of opinions,mine anyway are based on him and his overall record as a manager. That may be wrong but we already know he's not a great manager nor a great appointment and basically saying give him time is settling for mediocrity again.

I think what I'm trying to say is although we can't judge him after two games, we can judge him on his overall career and that isn't suddenly going to change here. For me it's just an overall realisation that things aren't going to be much better in the long term, although obviously better than Pardew.

Yet players who've been great elsewhere get written off within a few bad games.

Guest reefatoon

He deserves all the stick he should get when he fields a midfield of Colback, Anita and Obertan. Absolute passengers the lot of them and all as weak as p*ss. Has to change his midfield next week like.

Who actually thought we would do well with Southampton Swansea then Man Utd and Arsenal? People are getting carried away way too quick.

Expecting to get beat of the likes of Southampton and Swansea man. Decent teams, yes, but just shows how low the fans expectations of the team have dropped.

Expecting to get beat of the likes of Southampton and Swansea man. Decent teams, yes, but just shows how low the fans expectations of the team have dropped.

This. 4 points minimum for a Newcastle United side.

As someone mentioned before, the stench of Pardewism lingers on. Incredibly lowered expectations and this blinding need to support McLaren in every decision he makes in a bid to seem fair is resulting in a collective that seems anything but.

Any decent manager would've watched all our games last year during the summer off and realized that half the team needs an overhaul, with 6-7 players needed, especially with a healthy competition of places at the back. That McLaren failed to do this or, if he did and then failed to convince the hierarchy, is something he should be held accountable for.

Nobody's bringing out the pitchforks, but to persist with the same dross from last season and expecting them to work miracles is not what a new manager makes.

Anyways, bring on the next two games. Fuck's sake. What a fucking ridiculously shitty start to the season, having to contend with Obertan, Colo and Colback starting week in, week out.

Early days yet, and I'm quite prepared to give the bloke 20 games as long as I can see a change in how we play, but he could do with a result sooner rather than later. The longer it goes without a win the more the pressure will build and that's not good for him personally.

Well look, we're obviously going to struggle over the next 6 games. I just hope any rage developed is aimed at Ashley rather than McClaren. Hope AshleyOut.com have something lined up for after the transfer window closes.

I said during pre season he was making a mistake in not starting by making the team hard to beat and protecting our fucking horrible defence.

Mental to say this but he needs to 'Pardew' it and probably revert to something simple like 4-4-2 with Sissoko RW, Wijnaldum and another CM, Aarons LW with Mitrocard and Perez or De Jong playing deeper trying to support.

If he persists with what he's doing, i.e. Anita and Colback combo, Obertan playing at all, sticking with Cisse when we can't keep the ball, and not acknowledging that his chosen captain is shot to fuck then things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

Early days yet, and I'm quite prepared to give the bloke 20 games as long as I can see a change in how we play, but he could do with a result sooner rather than later. The longer it goes without a win the more the pressure will build and that's not good for him personally.

Agree with this, let's not forget how bad of a team we have become over the last few years. it's going to take a while to turn it around .. Hopefully after 20 games or so we can see we are improving and moving forward.