Steve McClaren

Dave

I guess this is what you should expect from a manager sacked by a championship club 3 months ago. Took him way too long to grasp Cisse doesn't give a shit

Cisse might not give a shit, but both him and Ayoze won pens which weren't given. If Costa is going to be given a retrospective punishment for flailing at Callums then why not punish shirt pullers or arm grabbers retrospectively?

Guest reefatoon

He can f*** off for me and he can take that bollock faced Carr with him. It was that useless old knacker that championed for him while recommending s*** player after s*** player. Full of useless c***s from top to bottom.

Calling for him to be sacked already is farcical like. Does nobody any favours that.

I can understand people who never wanted him in the first place (and I'm one of them) feeling vindicated so far but he and the new staff have got to have a fair chance to fail. 6 games isn't a fair chance by any stretch of the imagination and it's ludicrous to even suggest so.

And aside from anything else, he's on the board. He's about as bulletproof as it gets, without committing gross misconduct or something silly.

Really needs a thorough review of how we play. Other than "get it down the wings to cut it across the box" I can honestly say I see no style of play emerging. The movement of our players is absolutely shocking, both offensively and when tracking markers.

Can't agree with you on this Dave.

6 games or not we are s***. No defence, no goal threat, no cohesion..nowt. Team selection all wrong.

Utterly futile pretending we are not in the s*** and his team selection and motivation is not going to change. we are going down with him, and this is the big season money wise.

I firmly believe he will be gone by Christmas as Mike will not want to gamble with the multi millions.

maybe this is just the culmination of years of pish and despite who is in charge the chickens are coming home to roost..but I think he's a dead man walking already.

Really needs a thorough review of how we play. Other than "get it down the wings to cut it across the box" I can honestly say I see no style of play emerging. The movement of our players is absolutely shocking, both offensively and when tracking markers.

And it's been a chronic problem for years, which is precisely my point. The whole club is rotten and finally deciding to spend a few quid on unproven players from the continent isn't going to suddenly solve all that. The culture at the club is abysmal and needs turning around. Whether McClaren is the person to do that is clearly up for debate but I don't think anyone else would have done so by now.

I would much prefer to have seen some tangible improvements by now but it's ridiculously early days. The real concern is that without any flukey or undeserved wins to date we're going to be left behind in a hurry. That's why I've been advocating a change back to a basic 4-4-2 and dropping the players that aren't performing. We need to get some points on the board, fucking about can come later.

And it's been a chronic problem for years, which is precisely my point. The whole club is rotten and finally deciding to spend a few quid on unproven players from the continent isn't going to suddenly solve all that. The culture at the club is abysmal and needs turning around. Whether McClaren is the person to do that is clearly up for debate but I don't think anyone else would have done so by now.

I would much prefer to have seen some tangible improvements by now but it's ridiculously early days. The real concern is that without any flukey or undeserved wins to date we're going to be left behind in a hurry. That's why I've been advocating a change back to a basic 4-4-2 and dropping the players that aren't performing. We need to get some points on the board, f***ing about can come later.

Don't think 4-4-2 is necessarily the answer but I do agree that shelving the long-term plan/philosophy for a bit and just focusing on winning some matches (by any means necessary) out of the next 4 fixtures is a must. Our players' confidence is on the floor and we need that sorted before kicking on with new ideas, now. What's really worrying is that we apparently have a fantastic motivational coach working with the group on a very consistent basis and they still come out for a game like they did today, suggests something deeper.

Guest neesy111

I don't think any formation with this squad would really work. It's so unbalanced. I wish we would scrap having a director of football type role, and let a manager build a team.

Welcome to why our crazy transfer policy doesn't work.

Calling for him to be sacked already is farcical like. Does nobody any favours that.

I can understand people who never wanted him in the first place (and I'm one of them) feeling vindicated so far but he and the new staff have got to have a fair chance to fail. 6 games isn't a fair chance by any stretch of the imagination and it's ludicrous to even suggest so.

And aside from anything else, he's on the board. He's about as bulletproof as it gets, without committing gross misconduct or something silly.

Who was the last club up sack a newly appointed manager after 6 games?

Madness to even think it'll happen.

Watford did it after two games last season, and the bloke had taken 4 points from them. :lol:

Hockaday at Leeds was six games.

FWIW I don't think he'll turn it around, he's showing all the hallmarks of a shit manager but I also think half the season is a fair judgement point and I'm sticking with that.

Unless there's a very dramatic improvement, half a season will see us completely cut adrift.

FWIW I don't think he'll turn it around, he's showing all the hallmarks of a shit manager but I also think half the season is a fair judgement point and I'm sticking with that.

Unless there's a very dramatic improvement, half a season will see us completely cut adrift.

The way I see is after we lose the next two hopefully Mitrovic will have bedded in a bit and we can get the ball to stick with him then support the striker a bit better. 15 or more points from the 11 games to halfway and spend some money in January then staying up is doable.

Sad that it's a relegation battle already but here we are.

He's made so many fucking awful decisions for a new manager already mind.

Good quote from nufc.com which sums things up nicely:

"There was a total lack of intensity, total lack of belief, total lack of organisation begging the question; what has McClaren actually brought to this side?"

Sums things up nicely.

In 2015 we have won 2 f****** home games. 2.